Horrible fps in csgo 20-30% cpu/gpu usage

Fungal

Specs

gtx 1050ti

i5-6500

8gb ddr4

600 watt power supply

Been a month or two since I gamed on this pc, i mainly use it as a plex server. Tried playing a game of cs and my fps would average from 30-40. Checked my settings, lowered them, reset them etc. Ik that this pc should be getting like 200 fps at 1080p max settings. V-sync is off btw. No matter what my cpu and gpu usage is about 20-30ish% on task manager. First thing i did was update my drivers and restarted my computer. no difference. Second i tried with my plex server not running and still no difference. I've looked for solutions but all i've seen are people with low usage complaining that they're getting 100 fps instead of 300.

Make sure its using the GPU instead of the IGPU on the CPU. This is done through a few steps, going to Nvidia control panel, going to application settings, and making sure CS and CSGO are using the GPU not the IGPU. This is pretty much the only way i can see this happening without it being a damaged GPU but that doesnt seem to be the case.

12 hours ago, Shimejii said:

Make sure its using the GPU instead of the IGPU on the CPU. This is done through a few steps, going to Nvidia control panel, going to application settings, and making sure CS and CSGO are using the GPU not the IGPU. This is pretty much the only way i can see this happening without it being a damaged GPU but that doesnt seem to be the case.

Yeah just checked and i also ran payday 2 which ran fine. will probably reinstall cs