On average, 'Team Fortress 2' and 'DOTA 2' item creators made $15,000 last year

Barrington

Wow, you can basically live off of that, so long as you're very careful with how you spend your money.

COMIC SANS

Wow, you can basically live off of that, so long as you're very careful with how you spend your money.

Lol is that sarcasm? That number is literally a whole year's rent.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Not in Canada. Even in Vancouver, you can get a decent pad for under $9K a year. 

Or live in your car. 

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

na some people live off 15000 a year. very very bad living but its possible

Bad living? 15000$ a year is more than average in Lithuania and it ain't that bad here, it's just stuff costs less here.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

15k a year(before tax) is pretty much working full time on minimum wage in the US. It's doable, but it's gonna be pretty crappy quality of life.

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/city_result.jsp?country=Canada&city=vancouver

Thanks for the laugh. 

That website is either a complete joke, or there are too many fools renting apartments/houses in these cities. I can assure you that you don't need to spend over a grand a month just for a single bedroom apartment in Vancouver, nor is a multi-bedroom suite over several grand! 

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/city_result.jsp?country=Canada&city=vancouver

Thanks for the laugh. 

That website is either a complete joke, or there are too many fools renting apartments/houses in these cities. I can assure you that you don't need to spend over a grand a month just for a single bedroom apartment in Vancouver, nor is a multi-bedroom suite over several grand! 

I never said I did. All I was doing was showing you the prices of Toronto, aka where I live and why I said it's basically rent. Sure you can spend 850 a month if you live at Jane and Finch or Bathurst and Steeles, but is it worth it. I guess that site isn't very accurate for Vancouver, but as far as I know, it's pretty accurate for Toronto.

Even all the prices on kijiji reflect the high rent in Toronto.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/f-real-estate-apartments-condos-1-bedroom-City-of-Toronto-W0QQCatIdZ212QQLocationZ1700273

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Bad living? 15000$ a year is more than average in Lithuania and it ain't that bad here, it's just stuff costs less here.

Yeah, but we're talking USD/US game. and EVERYTHING cost alot here.

once you go instant noodles/ramen its hard to go back

Seeing people say that 15k a year is crap, I wonder how they would cope with my country's amazing 4k a year.

45013045.jpg

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

thats around £8000, and here i get paid £7000, and i have a car and buy pizza every day, i'd say its awesome for sitting at home doing what u love!

Welcome to HatSimulator2014. 

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

Seeing people say that 15k a year is crap, I wonder how they would cope with my country's amazing 4k a year.

Not saying I know much about Romania, but I imagine the cost of living is a bit different.

A year? After taxes, that's barely enough for 5 months of rent...  :mellow:

Cheers,

Linus

I could totally understand that the dota makers could make that much some of the stuff that is made in the workshop is really well done and looks great.

once you go instant noodles/ramen its hard to go back

I have a freezer full of beef and I still eat ramen twice a week.  :D

Not saying I know much about Romania, but I imagine the cost of living is a bit different.

I don't think that things in U.S.A. are that expensive. For example, 10 eggs cost around 1.80$ and a dozen would match the price in America. Rent would be a lot cheaper as most people live in flats.

Not in Canada. Even in Vancouver, you can get a decent pad for under $9K a year. 

Or live in your car. 

thats difficult.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

15000 a year here means you're very rich brah.

6000 a year is more normal here.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

That was never meant as a fulltime job replacemnt, just sorta as a hobby that yieds some money.. and for a teenager who doesent have to spend money for food or pay bills thats alot

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS