Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kyle_P

A question about Acer VG270UP

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi,

I just purchased a VG270UP recently, the image quality is great imo but there is one problem with the stand.

I can't seem to adjust the angle whatsoever, the stand is completely stiff. The whole thing tilts 5 degrees to the front permanently.

It's weird because Acer claimed that you can adjust about 5 degrees to the front and 20 degrees to the back and it seems like I'm the only one with this problem so far.

Please help.

Thank you.

Remove the panel from the stand and try to get it to move while the expensive part isn't attached? If that doesn't work there's always the option of buying a VESA compatible mount for the monitor.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-3820 | Corsair H100i | ASUS P9X79-LE | 16GB Patriot Viper 3 1866MHz DDR3 | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | 2TB Hitachi Deskstar HDD | 1TB WD Black HDD | Corsair CX750M Fractal Design Define R5 Windows 10 Pro / Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon

Laptop:

Dell XPS 15 9560 4K Touch | Intel Core i5-7300HQ | 12GB Generic (Crucial?) 2133MHz DDR4 | Nvidia GTX 1050 | 256GB Toshiba M.2 NVMe SSD | Windows 10

Posted · Original PosterOP
19 minutes ago, BobVonBob said:

Remove the panel from the stand and try to get it to move while the expensive part isn't attached? If that doesn't work there's always the option of buying a VESA compatible mount for the monitor.

I think the problem is the stand, it doesn't budge.

3 minutes ago, Kyle_P said:

I think the problem is the stand, it doesn't budge.

Exactly, so my advice was to remove the panel from the stand so you could try to get it moving without risking the screen.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-3820 | Corsair H100i | ASUS P9X79-LE | 16GB Patriot Viper 3 1866MHz DDR3 | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | 2TB Hitachi Deskstar HDD | 1TB WD Black HDD | Corsair CX750M Fractal Design Define R5 Windows 10 Pro / Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon

Laptop:

Dell XPS 15 9560 4K Touch | Intel Core i5-7300HQ | 12GB Generic (Crucial?) 2133MHz DDR4 | Nvidia GTX 1050 | 256GB Toshiba M.2 NVMe SSD | Windows 10