Good way to make money

Hypoxz
9 hours ago, Hypoxz said:

Yeah i already do have a pc but i want to upgrade it to a freakin monster pc and 25/week is my minimum averages around 32,50/week 

and i I don’t really know what cpu to go with I think and cuz it’s just more than 50% less expensive but still which one I was thinking about a r5 2600 but is this future proof and upgrade proof. Especially if I’m going for rtx 2080

these are my current specs:

i5 760

gtx 980

some gigabyte mb

500w psu

500gb ssd

nzxt h500

4x2gb ddr3

Your computer is limited almost by nothing. If you spend half a year's work upgrading it, you'll hardly feel any difference and end up disappointed. Buy something else with the money, trust me on this.

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

1 hour ago, SwagMaestro said:

Your computer is limited almost by nothing. If you spend half a year's work upgrading it, you'll hardly feel any difference and end up disappointed. Buy something else with the money, trust me on this.

I’m 100% going to buy a new cpu you do know it’s a first gen item that bottlenecks alota lot

Since you have a pretty ok system, simply save for Zen 2 build. If Zen 2 turns out to be a flop, just upgrade to Intel. No need to rush with upgrades right now

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

• 3 months later...

You can actually sell your plasma, don't forget about that. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

1 hour ago, wasab said:

Grow and sell weed. 

Become druglord, and flex with your gaming gear on ig. 

On 2/11/2019 at 9:10 PM, Hypoxz said:

Yeah i already do have a pc but i want to upgrade it to a freakin monster pc and 25/week is my minimum averages around 32,50/week 

and i I don’t really know what cpu to go with I think and cuz it’s just more than 50% less expensive but still which one I was thinking about a r5 2600 but is this future proof and upgrade proof. Especially if I’m going for rtx 2080

these are my current specs:

i5 760

gtx 980

some gigabyte mb

500w psu

500gb ssd

nzxt h500

4x2gb ddr3

Upgrade part by part. 
for example get motherboard. processor and ram first. 
Than in month or so get power supply. 
etc.. 

You already have a good income for your age. As others have said, I wouldn't drop too much money on your build. Wait for Zen 2 and price drops for it (initial demand always drives prices up). Then you'll have a really good CPU. Maybe by then you'll have enough money to also cover a GPU upgrade if you decide you want it, but a 980 is still plenty competent 

That's an F in the profile pic

51 minutes ago, CUDAcores89 said:

Dont forget the government is going to rob you of your hard earned money reducing that shiny looking 1200 euro to sonething like 600 euro.

He is 13 years old. I highly doubt kids need to pay taxes, as they shouldn't be able to work legally at that age.

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

On 2/11/2019 at 1:10 AM, Subway said:

Sell your soul to Satan

Already did that.

It was worth it.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

15 hours ago, wasab said:

I doubt it is legal for a minor.

I tried it once and never again. I made a fool out of myself ?

20 hours ago, wasab said:

Illegal in Canadaland for some reason.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

5 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Already did that.

It was worth it.

Just you wait until you have to pay before you go recommending it to others.

Spoiler

Also, in case you didn't notice the guy you replied to got banned.

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

On 5/14/2019 at 5:25 PM, comander said:

There is truth to this, many people spend too much in areas such as housing and transportation. 

Yeah as a lurker on /r/personalfinance a lot of people whose car costs as much as rent when you factor gas and insurance... 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

On 2/10/2019 at 11:15 PM, Hypoxz said:

Any serious answers?

My recipe to make money for gaming PC parts is buying PC parts. Let me explain: Watch some scrapyard wars for inspiration. Get some office computer with UEFI motherboard (it must be UEFI and check if it has regular PSU plugs and not customary, I personally avoid HPs for this reason), socket 1155 and some i5 2400, i5 2500, i5 3450, 3470 or something like that - very decend quad-core CPU that will handle pretty much all games incl. many new AAA titles, but also is old enough for PCs with this CPU to be cheap. You can get such computer for some 80-100 eur in my country. If the computer comes in a small case for a GPU, get a nice case, something like Zalman S2 for around 30 eur - with plexi-glass side bcs it looks cool. Get a cheap 120gig SSD for around 20-25 eur (Patriot Burst or something alike) - a new one, not used. Or invest 3-5 eur more and get something with dram cache, like Adata SU800. If the computer has bad PSU (it most likely will have something around 350W) get a decent, used 500-600W PSU, note that it must have 6+8pin or 8+8pin for GPU. It will cost you around 20 eur. And finally, get a GPU. Get a GTX 770, 780, 970 or a 1060 3G/6G that comes from some mining rig, you can get these (in my beautiful country of Slovakia) for 60, 65, 80, 100 and 110 EUR respectively. I would opt for GTX 780 as it creates the least bottleneck with the named CPUs. Check if it has 8GB RAM and if not, add some RAM. 8GB is enough.

So now you have a computer (for building, check out Linus´s build guide) for 100+25+20+65 (+30) that cost you 210-240 eur depending on how many parts you needed. Computer with such specs can be usually sold for over 300-350 eur. Put it on local craigslist or equivallent in your country for a price that is good for you, let´s say price of all parts + 100 eur, in my case it would be 310-340 eur depending on the cost of the computer. It will not sell immediately, but you don´t want that.

Now let´s sum it up:
1. You had fun, you had your own little scrapyard wars (or scrapyard run).
2. You had fun building a PC.

3. You have a free PC that will run any new game (because on quad-core i5, 8GB RAM and GTX 780 you can run pretty much anything). You can play Witcher 3 on it on FHD medium/high 60FPS! And it is FREE because you will sell it later, so it will eventually cost you nothing. You can play games on it until you manage to sell it.

4. You have a free 100 EUR. Because you sold the computer with a gain.

Then build another one. Flip 3 computers like this and you will have enough free money to build your own computer that you will keep.

Let´s take it one step further. Now you have a computer, but let´s upgrade it. Continue buying and selling PCs and parts. Sometimes you will run into an older gaming PC that is really cheap because something doesn´t work. But it will have Z-series motherboard. Another computer will have non-overclocking motherboard but a K CPU that will fit into that Z series motherboard (mind the socket and bios support). Another PC will have a beefy cooler on a regular 65W CPU. My point is, that you will manage to buy and sell computers, not loose any money on it and put away the best parts for your own build. This way you will soon have an upgraded computer with overclocking capability soon.

Gun, mask, etc etc

13 minutes ago, -Kriss- said:

The vast majority of people (not actual profetionals) who trade either stocks or crypto lose money or either makes almost nothing for a whole lot of stress.

If only stress was tangible and could be sold for profit...

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

You're only 13. Money comes later.  Learn to live in your means.  

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

• 3 weeks later...

People might say I'm being generic but.... Youtube. 

In some area's Youtube 1.000.000 means $1000, in some even 10-folded. Yes, this is not over exaggerating. My personal advice is, find something e.g. in education that you can profit from. There's people selling e.g. violin lessons in an online package for x given amount of money. This allows you to have some extra pocket money, and sometimes even allows you to do it full time. There are also things like animation but that's a really difficult area to succeed in. Even ASMR can make you quite the tip. But it takes very long to succeed in. I know a guy called Ben Deen, he literally eats in front of the camera, and combined with his Patreon he makes more than the average Salary in Korea. 

Just my 2 cents, hope you'll find something that fits you. 

14 minutes ago, Robin_Code said:

People might say I'm being generic but.... Youtube. 

In some area's Youtube 1.000.000 means $1000, in some even 10-folded. Yes, this is not over exaggerating. My personal advice is, find something e.g. in education that you can profit from. There's people selling e.g. violin lessons in an online package for x given amount of money. This allows you to have some extra pocket money, and sometimes even allows you to do it full time. There are also things like animation but that's a really difficult area to succeed in. Even ASMR can make your quite the tip. But it takes very long to succeed in. I know a guy called Ben Deen, he literally eats in front of the camera, and combined with his Patreon he makes more than the average Salary in Korea. 

Just my 2 cents, hope you'll find something that fits you. 

The issue with recommending YouTube is you only see the success stories; not the thousands of other people doing the same thing not going anywhere.

With the extra requirements YouTube put in place last year (minimum 1000 subscribers and I think a certain amount of watchtime) you will only get money a lot later in your YouTube career.

I am not saying this is a bad idea, you do need a bit of perspective.

But yeah, with YouTube 1000 views will amount to anything between 1 and 10 USD (or less), as it depends on how much the ad provider pays ('higher tier' YouTubers get the more expensive ad partners), but it will also depend on how many of your viewers watch with AdBlock on.

But brand deals (sponsored videos) are of course a thing too..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

3 minutes ago, Minibois said:

The issue with recommending YouTube is you only see the success stories; not the thousands of other people doing the same thing not going anywhere.

With the extra requirements YouTube put in place last year (minimum 1000 subscribers and I think a certain amount of watchtime) you will only get money a lot later in your YouTube career.

I am not saying this is a bad idea, you do need a bit of perspective.

But yeah, with YouTube 1000 views will amount to anything between 1 and 10 USD (or less), as it depends on how much the ad provider pays ('higher tier' YouTubers get the more expensive ad partners), but it will also depend on how many of your viewers watch with AdBlock on.

But brand deals (sponsored videos) are of course a thing too..

Absolutely agree, I'm not suggesting it is easy though. It usually takes at least a year if you want to see some form of profit unless you start abusing the algorithm and you make a fool out of yourself like the Paul family does. But Youtube can work, as long as you work consistently and passionately.