Outside of computers/gaming, what hobbies do you guys have?

ThisIsCheez
8 hours ago, ThisIsCheez said:

Haven't gotten brave enough for a bike that size yet. Still loving my TU250X

yeah everyone said i was nuts for learning to ride on a 1700cc bike .. rode for 2 years till my tires found a patch of gravel going around a corner .. low-sided into a concrete barrier

~~~~Started Folding - Feb 7, 2019~~~~

Going the gym, hiking is pretty fun but i haven't done one in ages, playing footie, watching footie, sleep is also reaaaalllly fun, playing basketball, watching basketball. Apart from that i can't think of much else

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

These two guys. :D

1586391848_schecterfender.thumb.jpg.d7fc368c73984cbeaa0d4389cdd9ccf1.jpg

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

8 hours ago, GeoSquigg said:

yeah everyone said i was nuts for learning to ride on a 1700cc bike .. rode for 2 years till my tires found a patch of gravel going around a corner .. low-sided into a concrete barrier

Gravel....that stuff is some sneaking stuff.

Had the back of one of my motorcycles land into some gravel in a turn.  That about the most scared I ever got on a motorcycle, second being when a F-150 King Ranch almost came on top of me.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

Outside of computers and all, I'm a fan of Korean pop and am an avid collector of several K-pop albums from the big ones such as Twice, AOA, and Blackpink! :)

It's hard to get good deals since I live in the UK, but I love Korean pop as a music genre and a culture, so I'm fully into this.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

2 hours ago, Ithanul said:

second being when a F-150 King Ranch almost came on top of me.

That wouldn't really scare me all that much. Either I'd be completely fine other than a headache and a bruise, or suddenly it's not my problem.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I enjoy fishing quite a bit.

Also generally hanging out with friends, that's always fun.

Beyond those, not too much.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

12 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I enjoy fishing quite a bit.

Tell me a story about the Great War, grandpa.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

20 hours ago, ThisIsCheez said:

Deep sea fishing. You dive or fish from a boat?

Both. I love spear fishing when I free dive. And for rod and reel it's when I go shark fishing primarily. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

Been doing Taekwondo since I was 7, it's a great choice if you're looking for a lifelong investment.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

13 hours ago, GeoSquigg said:

I hate gravel. I've only laid my bike over once and it was going <5mph into my driveway and the gravel threw me down. Happened so slow I got to let out a short story of swears before I hit the ground. Luckily all I did was scuff the exhaust a little bit and put a huge dent in my pride.

On 2/12/2019 at 1:27 AM, Drak3 said:

That's an opinion shared by individuals like Hitler, Stalin, Kim Jon Un, Castro, and just about every other dictator and every other tyrannical government.

well you just don't get this shit in North Korea, do you.

On 2/12/2019 at 4:47 AM, ThisIsCheez said:

Absolutely. Had a 50cc Metropolitan for a couple years for getting around town and upgraded to a Suzuki TU250X for my first real bike. I thought about getting something bigger but it's honestly the perfect bike for me right now.

Hey, we all had to start somewhere.  My first bike was a Honda XR125L and I rode that thing all over the place for 2 years. Snow, hail rain, you name it. Very reliable bike and easy to clean! My current bike is a royal pain in the ass to clean haha, nooks and crannys everywhere. As for the 250, do you live in a city? If so that is the perfect size in my opinion for city riding. Not too large like a Wide load coming down the road, light, nimble and low fuel costs.

I've had a real classic 250 before, a MZ TS 250. That thing is the most reliable vehicle I have ever had the pleasure of riding. You could put anything in its tank / oil and it would run like a real trooper, the secret was knowing how to start it. It's been "Stolen" 3 times now, but each time the bastards fail to start it and I find it 100 meters down the road where they dropped it after getting tired of attempting to jump-start it lol. Ah, I love that bike and her personality. She is needing a new gearbox though, so she is currently off road, but considering the hundreds of thousands of miles she has done, I'll let her off. 

watching anime. reading manga, drawing/art (not of japanese characters)

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

5 minutes ago, Arika S said:

drawing/art (not of japanese characters)

That's kinda racist.

Kappa.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

That's kinda racist.

Kappa.

yup. i hate anime and manga so much, i refuse to draw it.

Spoiler

/s

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Bonsai as well as gardening in general.  I like fantasy novels, reading the new Brandon Sanderson Stormlight book right now.  It is AWESOME.

8 hours ago, KE2012 said:

Hey, we all had to start somewhere.  My first bike was a Honda XR125L and I rode that thing all over the place for 2 years. Snow, hail rain, you name it. Very reliable bike and easy to clean! My current bike is a royal pain in the ass to clean haha, nooks and crannys everywhere. As for the 250, do you live in a city? If so that is the perfect size in my opinion for city riding. Not too large like a Wide load coming down the road, light, nimble and low fuel costs.

I've had a real classic 250 before, a MZ TS 250. That thing is the most reliable vehicle I have ever had the pleasure of riding. You could put anything in its tank / oil and it would run like a real trooper, the secret was knowing how to start it. It's been "Stolen" 3 times now, but each time the bastards fail to start it and I find it 100 meters down the road where they dropped it after getting tired of attempting to jump-start it lol. Ah, I love that bike and her personality. She is needing a new gearbox though, so she is currently off road, but considering the hundreds of thousands of miles she has done, I'll let her off. 

I do live in a city and it's perfect for that, but I still take it on short road trips. Doesn't get very fast so I have time to take in the scenery and 68mpg isn't bad either :) My little 3 gallon tank can get me almost across the entire state and it costs me $8 to fill her up.

fish , cooking ,building sh¦t , guns .. never forget the first time i fried a gpmg ,watched rambo rip one off the side of a helicopter and thought i wana do that one day then i did at hms heron laying down without a helicopter present still just as much fun tho ?  then i did the 4 stages to the dunker test (helecopter sea crash test)  ahhh the joys...

#1:- STRIX X470-F GAMING | Ryzen 7 2700X @ 42.50mhZ | Patriot Viper Steel Series 16gb (2x8) 4000 MHz | MSI RTX 2080 GAMING TRIO | ASUS ROG RYUJIN 240 | NZXT S340 ELITE | 2X 1TB 970 EVO PLUS M.2  +  3 X 1TB FIRECUDA 2.5" HYBRID DRIVES | EVGA SUPER NOVA G3 80+GOLD 1000W | AND ENOUGH RGB TO MAKE YOUR EYES MELT 

#2:- GIGABYTE X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | RYZEN 2700X | AURUS 3200MHz | MSI GTX 1060 6GB | CIT BLAZE MID RED-BLACK | STOCK RYZEN RGB AIR COOLER | 2TB WD HDD + 500GB 970 EVO PLUS

#3:- STRIX X470-F GAMING | Ryzen 7 1800X | DOMINATOR LPX 3000MHz | STRIX 970| COOLER MASTER 240 ML | GAME MAX AURORA MID TOWER | CRUCIAL P1 1TB SSD M.2 + FIRECUDA 1TB HYBRID DRIVE

Gunpla!

Loved building them when I was in high school. Stopped in college because parents were already spending too much on my education, but now I have a job and my own money and I'm at it again.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

i cycle,  not as good, but its quite nice 

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy