Should i fix my screen on my 6s or upgrade to an XS?

SuperCookie78
Go to solution Solved by ThisIsCheez,
4 minutes ago, SuperCookie78 said:

i did and they said they can't replace it because of the not fully functionally earpiece

3 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Take it to another shop, Bestbuy is corporate garbage

^ This. Don't take it so some big box store, they will rip you off and find any reason they can to charge you more or not do the work. I help out my friend as his repair shop and we do in-house screen refurbishing, we charge $60 to replace a 6S screen. Look around for local shops, you'll get better service and a better price. If you feel up for doing it yourself I'd suggest getting your screen from MobileSentrix. Take a look here: https://www.mobilesentrix.com/replacement-parts/apple/iphone-parts/iphone-6s

Their Aftermarket Plus and refurbs are amazing quality and super cheap.

I cracked my iphone 6s a few days ago. i scheduled an appointment at best buy so they could fix the screen but the lady had to run diagnostics on it first. And it didn't pass the audio diagnostic. The front speaker and mic weren't working up to spec but they were working. she said it was apple policy that if it broken then you have to buy a new phone. And so declined that offer. I called my mom (who is in charge of our plan) and asked if i could upgrade. she said i could but we would basically have to buy a new phone spacing the payment over 24 months. I know i have the ability to change the screen by my self but everything i have seen people say the screen doesn't look right color wise or the 3d touch is off. even on ifixit's replacement screen they have those issues. I don't want to lose the great color of my screen or have crazy sensitive 3d touch. What should i do? Should i fix the screen or upgrade?

LOOK AT MY NEW FLAG DESIGNS FOR PA AND VOTE ON YOUR FAVORITE

LOOK AT MY FIRST BATCH OF DESIGNS HERE

4690K @ 4.5GHz

GTX 970 FTW

MSI Z97 PC MATE

Define R5 windowed

Cooler Master Seidon 240m

EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1

Kingston 120gb SSD

SanDisk 480Gb SSD

Seagate 1Tb Hard drive

Not worth it, just grab a repair kit off amazon or go to a repair shop and spend the 40$ itll cost to get the screen fixed

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

Not worth it, just grab a repair kit off amazon or go to a repair shop and spend the 40$ itll cost to get the screen fixed

but i don't want to have a off color screen

4690K @ 4.5GHz

GTX 970 FTW

MSI Z97 PC MATE

Define R5 windowed

EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1

Kingston 120gb SSD

SanDisk 480Gb SSD

Seagate 1Tb Hard drive

Just now, SuperCookie78 said:

but i don't want to have a off color screen

I've replaced a few iphone screens and havent had a problem

If you're worried, take it to an authorized repair shop

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

I've replaced a few iphone screens and havent had a problem

If you're worried, take it to an authorized repair shop

i did and they said they can't replace it because of the not fully functionally earpiece

4690K @ 4.5GHz

GTX 970 FTW

MSI Z97 PC MATE

Define R5 windowed

EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G1

Kingston 120gb SSD

SanDisk 480Gb SSD

Seagate 1Tb Hard drive

Or just buy an X off eBay or Reddit. They aren't that different.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

Just now, SuperCookie78 said:

Imo: Thats hardly an upgrade. No headphone jack is an immediate turn off for me, and lots of people. Fix the screen, it's so easy on the non-waterproof iPhones. The 6s is still a fine phone, and theres probably some way to force it to the latest version of iOS is software security is a concern (like there is for macOS devices)

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

4 minutes ago, SuperCookie78 said:

3 minutes ago, Slottr said:

^ This. Don't take it so some big box store, they will rip you off and find any reason they can to charge you more or not do the work. I help out my friend as his repair shop and we do in-house screen refurbishing, we charge $60 to replace a 6S screen. Look around for local shops, you'll get better service and a better price. If you feel up for doing it yourself I'd suggest getting your screen from MobileSentrix. Take a look here: https://www.mobilesentrix.com/replacement-parts/apple/iphone-parts/iphone-6s

Their Aftermarket Plus and refurbs are amazing quality and super cheap.

2 hours ago, SenpaiKaplan said:

Imo: Thats hardly an upgrade. No headphone jack is an immediate turn off for me, and lots of people. Fix the screen, it's so easy on the non-waterproof iPhones. The 6s is still a fine phone, and theres probably some way to force it to the latest version of iOS is software security is a concern (like there is for macOS devices)

The iPhone 6s officially supports iOS 12, so there's no 'forcing' necessary!  The only issue might be if the screen is genuinely unusable and you can't even enter the passcode to authorize an OS update from iTunes.

28 minutes ago, Commodus said:

The iPhone 6s officially supports iOS 12, so there's no 'forcing' necessary!  The only issue might be if the screen is genuinely unusable and you can't even enter the passcode to authorize an OS update from iTunes.

Really? It should be EOL soon then... I don't really keep track of apple after my horrid experience with macbooks.

I honestly dont understand how people live wiith iOS...

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

My sis had a 6 up until a few months ago when she switched to the Xr. I'm no iPhone lover, but I get why some people love them. 

Eventually this phone will die, and I don't see anything drastically different coming out. Get a refurbished X or Xr. I think switching to a full screen display is amazing.

Yeah, like some people said you won't have a headphone jack, but idc either way. Jaybird freedoms are incredible and are around 50$ these days if you're looking for a good pair.

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

There are price comparison websites for screen repairs. You can also see if they use original parts or not. 

I had the same issue for a different phone and a small local shop wanted 200 € for the screen alone. I send it to another small shop that changed the screen and battery with original parts for 180 €.

13 hours ago, SenpaiKaplan said:

Really? It should be EOL soon then... I don't really keep track of apple after my horrid experience with macbooks.

I honestly dont understand how people live wiith iOS...

Apple typically delivers iOS updates to a device to four to five years.  You may not get every major feature (some of it is tied to hardware), but you'll get a lot of them.  I suspect you're just so used to Android's weak update policies that you expected Apple to be the same.

And iOS is just fine -- yeah, there's no doubt that there's less customization and variety, but it's a good day-to-day experience.  It's fast, generally more stable, and it tends to get new apps (and new app features) before Android when the releases aren't simultaneous.

Yes I agree unless you want facial recognition the iPhones don't change much but still the best business devices in the world ? are Apple ? 

Just get it repaired. 6s is still good. I love my se :)

• 9 months later...

I swear, iPhone 6s still a good phone and works very well. I use the same actually. As you my friends have the same problem, but after looking for more solution, they discover this site:

https://www.distriphone.com/en/254-iPhone-6S-Parts

They found better spare parts as iPhone 6s parts best in price and quality.

But they call a professional for replacement :)  

• 2 weeks later...