Looking for PC Recommendations

Naxa

I have a strict budget of $1000 and cannot go over like $10 of the budget.

I need a pc that can game decently and stream games like overwatch, apex, and others.

I have a 144hz monitor so i need something that could keep up with that already. I had a build planned but some parts went up in price and other complications.

anybody have a pcpartpicker list that works in my needs?

which country? need os/peripherals?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

10 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

which country? need os/peripherals?

US and no i dont need OS or peripherals, just upgrading from my old pc so i can give it to my brother

2 minutes ago, Naxa said:

US and no i dont need OS or peripherals, just upgrading from my old pc so i can give it to my brother

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($168.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($84.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: HP - EX900 250 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($46.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($43.39 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($479.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Thermaltake - Versa H18 Tempered Glass MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($49.96 @ Newegg Business) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($39.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $974.19
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-10 04:39 EST-0500

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

3 hours ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($168.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($84.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: HP - EX900 250 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($46.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($43.39 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($479.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Thermaltake - Versa H18 Tempered Glass MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($49.96 @ Newegg Business) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($39.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $974.19
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-10 04:39 EST-0500

decent build thanks, hoping to get some other recommendations 

8 minutes ago, Naxa said:

anyone else have recommendations?

adding a tower cooler for OC, but not too aggressive or

get a 500gb ssd (mx500) only for now and skippng spinning HDD all the way.

this is a good platform. everything can be sourced from Ebay for FAAAR cheaper than those retail prices. buying a GPU is still not friendly. a gtx1070 still $200-280 alone.

There is no enemy. The foe on the battlefield is merely the manifestation of that which we must overcome. The doubt, and fear, and despair. Every battle is fought within. Conquer the battlefield that lies inside you, and the enemy disappears like the illusion it is.

14 hours ago, unsungheroist said:

this is a good platform. everything can be sourced from Ebay for FAAAR cheaper than those retail prices. buying a GPU is still not friendly. a gtx1070 still $200-280 alone.

He has a $1000 budget and you only left $140 for a gpu. You are spending too much on the cpu, cooler and ssd. No need for the 2700X when the 1700 is $140 or so cheaper. The stock cooler will do fine for the short term, and no need for an expensive NVMe SSD when you can get a Crucial MX500 or similar for a lot less.

5 hours ago, lee32uk said:

He has a $1000 budget and you only left $140 for a gpu. You are spending too much on the cpu, cooler and ssd. No need for the 2700X when the 1700 is $140 or so cheaper. The stock cooler will do fine for the short term, and no need for an expensive NVMe SSD when you can get a Crucial MX500 or similar for a lot less.

just a fair disclaimer: I mostly deal in used,3rd party, local deals, and online auction house's such as eBay

just because someone has 1k to spend doesn't means they want to spend that. The onboard Vega is good enough to game especially if he has a gsync/freesync. the actual build cost when sourcing parts is low$ 600's on Ebay and major retailers. as stated GPU market is kinda meh even in used market.

switching to intel side on the 8700k platform will well push it over 1k budget. Your correct, using NVMe  is optional however, at 60-80 used ssd for 500g might as well and get a used NVMe  for nearly the same price. as for the stock cooler under load will be 60+c on average a little flair at a affordable AIO doesn't hurt where i made room for it.

There is no enemy. The foe on the battlefield is merely the manifestation of that which we must overcome. The doubt, and fear, and despair. Every battle is fought within. Conquer the battlefield that lies inside you, and the enemy disappears like the illusion it is.

12 minutes ago, unsungheroist said:

just a fair disclaimer: I mostly deal in used,3rd party, local deals, and online auction house's such as eBay

just because someone has 1k to spend doesn't means they want to spend that. The onboard Vega is good enough to game especially if he has a gsync/freesync. the actual build cost when sourcing parts is low$ 600's on Ebay and major retailers. as stated GPU market is kinda meh even in used market.

switching to intel side on the 8700k platform will well push it over 1k budget. Your correct, using NVMe  is optional however, at 60-80 used ssd for 500g might as well and get a used NVMe  for nearly the same price. as for the stock cooler under load will be 60+c on average a little flair at a affordable AIO doesn't hurt where i made room for it.

I didn't say he has to spend the full $1000. That is up to the op.

What onboard Vega are you referring to ? The 2700X doesn't have an igpu. If he is using a 144Hz monitor then he needs a decent gpu, even something like an RX 580 would do ok.

As for the NVMe SSD it really makes little difference to load/boot times. A SATA is just as good for less money.

As for the cooler he would be fine with a Cryorig H7 if he wants an aftermarket one. The stock is fine though if he isn't overclocking, and 60+c is perfectly acceptable. As long as it isn't getting in the high 80s-90s then it isn't a problem.

2 hours ago, lee32uk said:

I didn't say he has to spend the full $1000. That is up to the op.

What onboard Vega are you referring to ? The 2700X doesn't have an igpu. If he is using a 144Hz monitor then he needs a decent gpu, even something like an RX 580 would do ok.

As for the NVMe SSD it really makes little difference to load/boot times. A SATA is just as good for less money.

As for the cooler he would be fine with a Cryorig H7 if he wants an aftermarket one. The stock is fine though if he isn't overclocking, and 60+c is perfectly acceptable. As long as it isn't getting in the high 80s-90s then it isn't a problem.

since you seem to know a lot about pc's would this build be good? i still have $100 of work space to add anything i would need if you have any recommendations

3 minutes ago, Naxa said:

since you seem to know a lot about pc's would this build be good? i still have $100 of work space to add anything i would need if you have any recommendations

You forgot a hard drive in that build, obviously $100 is plenty for a drive but its worth pointing out you are missing it. Do you have ANY hardware out of your previous rig that can be reused?

3 hours ago, Ravendarat said:

You forgot a hard drive in that build, obviously $100 is plenty for a drive but its worth pointing out you are missing it. Do you have ANY hardware out of your previous rig that can be reused?

im using my hdd and ssd from my current pc and gonna transfer it to the new one

other than the drives my current pc is going to my brother

4 hours ago, Naxa said:

im using my hdd and ssd from my current pc and gonna transfer it to the new one

other than the drives my current pc is going to my brother

You might as well go with an 8 core R7 2700 as you can fit it in your budget seeing as you don't need storage.

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700 3.2 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($229.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC - Freezer 34 eSports DUO CPU Cooler  ($39.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI - B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($110.41 @ B&H) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB WINDFORCE OC Video Card  ($364.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: NZXT - H500 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($52.00 @ Newegg) 
Total: $967.36
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-12 06:09 EST-0500