Login fails - username

Midevil Chaos

Today, for some reason, when I tried login in with my username, it said that my username is not associated with any known account. However, I can log in fine with my email address. This started only happening today. And yes, my username appears to be the same, so no change in it that should trigger the error message.

It seems to work correctly for me, including for a name with spaces in. Are you sure you had the right username?

HTTP/2 203

9 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

It seems to work correctly for me, including for a name with spaces in. Are you sure you had the right username?

Yup. Only have one saved username (which is exactly the same for different places). I will try again later on once I get up. Heading to bed. Maybe it's because I am using a private browser - I tend to do that when I open different youtube tabs lol. I just don't like my youtube feed to change (just because of a single video lol). So, I am wondering if that is the cause, where the site isn't accepting the username because of that?

16 minutes ago, Midevil Chaos said:

Yup. Only have one saved username (which is exactly the same for different places). I will try again later on once I get up. Heading to bed. Maybe it's because I am using a private browser - I tend to do that when I open different youtube tabs lol. I just don't like my youtube feed to change (just because of a single video lol). So, I am wondering if that is the cause, where the site isn't accepting the username because of that?

Private browsing shouldn't make any difference. I just tried logging in using your username and a random password (in private browsing), and it accepted the username but said the password was incorrect.

HTTP/2 203

9 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Private browsing shouldn't make any difference. I just tried logging in using your username and a random password (in private browsing), and it accepted the username but said the password was incorrect.

I tried again, and I get this message: "The Display Name or Email Address you entered does not belong to any account. Make sure that it is typed correctly."

24 minutes ago, Midevil Chaos said:

I tried again, and I get this message: "The Display Name or Email Address you entered does not belong to any account. Make sure that it is typed correctly."

What browser are you using?

HTTP/2 203

Just now, colonel_mortis said:

What browser are you using?

Palemoon. The error only started occurring yesterday though. I never had an issue before then.

4 minutes ago, Midevil Chaos said:

Palemoon. The error only started occurring yesterday though. I never had an issue before then.

Assuming it has the same dev tools as Firefox, can you try again, but with an incorrect password. Immediately before you submit the login form, open the dev tools (usually F12) and switch to the network tab, then submit it. Once the error page loads, right click on one of the rows in the network section and copy -> all as HAR. Then in a PM (it contains potentially sensitive cookies) paste it and send it to me.

HTTP/2 203

35 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Assuming it has the same dev tools as Firefox, can you try again, but with an incorrect password. Immediately before you submit the login form, open the dev tools (usually F12) and switch to the network tab, then submit it. Once the error page loads, right click on one of the rows in the network section and copy -> all as HAR. Then in a PM (it contains potentially sensitive cookies) paste it and send it to me.

There doesn't seem to be anything  like that. I tried taking a look at the code and compared it to firefox's and did not see any similarities.

15 minutes ago, Midevil Chaos said:

There doesn't seem to be anything  like that. I tried taking a look at the code and compared it to firefox's and did not see any similarities.

Does the same issue occur in Firefox (or Chrome)?

HTTP/2 203

24 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Does the same issue occur in Firefox (or Chrome)?

It appears that is does. You know how Gmail allows periods like midevil.chaos instead of midevil chaos and it would allow you to log in? I always used the same format here, but it doesn't seem to work here anymore. I just realized that my username that you see doesn't have a period in there. However, I always used to log in like midevil.chaos instead of midevil chaos. I just use the period in the login because it's easier to type in. Has there been any changes to the code that prevents this?

46 minutes ago, Midevil Chaos said:

It appears that is does. You know how Gmail allows periods like midevil.chaos instead of midevil chaos and it would allow you to log in? I always used the same format here, but it doesn't seem to work here anymore. I just realized that my username that you see doesn't have a period in there. However, I always used to log in like midevil.chaos instead of midevil chaos. I just use the period in the login because it's easier to type in. Has there been any changes to the code that prevents this?

There haven't been any changes to the code for months, so I'm not sure why that would ever have worked. Weird.

HTTP/2 203

2 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

There haven't been any changes to the code for months, so I'm not sure why that would ever have worked. Weird.

Before it stopped working for me, I hadn't actually logged onto the site for a while. So it is possible it's been that long, Not sure to be honest when the last time was that I logged onto the site.

You might want to try changing your username in settings to something else and then change it back to the original username. Or just change it all together if you don't really care what it is. Worth a try I suppose...

3 hours ago, Tera Byte said:

You might want to try changing your username in settings to something else and then change it back to the original username. Or just change it all together if you don't really care what it is. Worth a try I suppose...

Oh no, I love it. Not risking anyone else using it by changing it lol.

Never happened to me.

I often type the wrong password but that's because its way to long.

Won’t visit often..

2 hours ago, MrFixitBlankFace said:

its way to long.

No such thing.

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

3 hours ago, MrFixitBlankFace said:

Never happened to me.

I often type the wrong password but that's because its way to long.

Yeah, no. I doubt I would type in the wrong password 5 straight times

On 2/11/2019 at 9:31 PM, VegetableStu said:

you can only change usernames once every 180 days ._.

Dang...

• 2 weeks later...