Desktop background always blurry?

GAMINGGUY

I have an ultrawide 1080p 21:9 LG monitor. I download 21:9 Wallpapers but they always look blurry, like they are 1920x1080 instead of 2560x1080. Any help?

5 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Whats the resolution of the image you downloaded?

2560x1080

2 minutes ago, GAMINGGUY said:

2560x1080

Wheres that information coming from?

Are you using scaling?

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

16 minutes ago, GAMINGGUY said:

I have an ultrawide 1080p 21:9 LG monitor. I download 21:9 Wallpapers but they always look blurry, like they are 1920x1080 instead of 2560x1080. Any help?

Let us know the website of where you're getting these images from, or attach one of them to your next post. I have a feeling that the source image itself is not actually 2560x1080 or something wonky is going on with the way you have your background scaling set in Windows.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

On 2/9/2019 at 2:42 PM, kirashi said:

Let us know the website of where you're getting these images from, or attach one of them to your next post. I have a feeling that the source image itself is not actually 2560x1080 or something wonky is going on with the way you have your background scaling set in Windows.

I just search them on google and click save image.

2 hours ago, GAMINGGUY said:

I just search them on google and click save image.

Coolio - I bet you're grabbing the preview image, which is a lower resolution than the actual image on the actual site hosting them. Again, if you give us a sample image we can confirm if it's actually 2560x1080 or not.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

38 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Coolio - I bet you're grabbing the preview image, which is a lower resolution than the actual image on the actual site hosting them. Again, if you give us a sample image we can confirm if it's actually 2560x1080 or not.

Here ya go :) 

wp1923015.jpg

6 minutes ago, GAMINGGUY said:

Here ya go :) 

Awesome, thanks! The resolution of that is definitely well above most monitor resolutions, however, when zooming to actual size in Chrome (or another image viewer) the geometric lines on the image don't look that sharp themselves, either due to the compression that comes with JPG images, or due to the source image not being sharp.

You can test this by making your own geometric background in Photoshop, then saving it as various filetypes - JPG is 80% quality each time you save by default, but you can set Photoshop to 100% if desired (although there is still some compression even then) or you can use PNG to save a lossless (albeit potentially much larger) image.

1 hour ago, kirashi said:

Awesome, thanks! The resolution of that is definitely well above most monitor resolutions, however, when zooming to actual size in Chrome (or another image viewer) the geometric lines on the image don't look that sharp themselves, either due to the compression that comes with JPG images, or due to the source image not being sharp.

You can test this by making your own geometric background in Photoshop, then saving it as various filetypes - JPG is 80% quality each time you save by default, but you can set Photoshop to 100% if desired (although there is still some compression even then) or you can use PNG to save a lossless (albeit potentially much larger) image.

Thank you so much! your a very knowledgeable source :)))