T-Shirts for woman, in the Linus Store?

Hello, the lttstore is great. But why are there only clothes for men in the Linus Store? The T-shirts may go for small breasts. Do you know how many women are watching your channel?

Well i don't know the details but i do know this.

Recently LTT decided to no longer work with a third party to get merch to viewers.

They basically buy right now a bunch of t-shirts in bulk and work with an ex-employee from NCIX that has a shipping business right now to get LTT shirts to customers.

Before they used companies like teespring that basically took care of the printing and shipping, which allowed them to offer t-shirts in much more sizes, including male/female specific ones.

Today a majority of viewers is male, so most t-shirts they sell are bought by males. Thing is that females are in such a minority it's probably not worth it to hold a stock of female t-shirts as well because they now need to be sure they sell all their stock. And because there are quite a few designs and sizes it's going to be a LOT more difficult to manage female t-shirt inventory.

Maybe when the LTT store is more mature (it's only a few weeks/months old) they might decide to also get some female t-shirt stock. But for now i assume they don't have any because the demand is a lot lower than male t-shirts and too risky atm to get some stock, or maybe it's planned in the future, i dunno.

The facts are this:

Only a small amount of viewers are female.

Only a small amount of viewers buy merch.

A small amount of a small amount is a very small amount.

How small, i don't know, i don't have the numbers, but it's not too far fetched that it's such a small amount it's not worth their time and effort right now.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Okay, bottom line:

there are no t-shirts for women, because it makes no sense in your world to print a few t-shirts for so few. Because it doesn't make any sense from a market economy point of view.

Good.

This statement is unbelievably associal. I really hope very much that this does not correspond to reality.

On the other hand, you could make the motifs available for download. Then progressive thinking people could print it on women's shirts?

As @samcool55 said, it's not financially viable for them to do something like that at the moment (given the facts that we know), if they manage to get a good deal with a company that would handle all the shipping and printing, then sure. (This is also why the shipping rate is very high)

14 minutes ago, DrDos said:

On the other hand, you could make the motifs available for download. Then progressive thinking people could print it on women's shirts?

Why would they do that? What would be the point of having a store if anyone can just print their own shirts?

Your rhetorical question tells me you're not a woman and you didn't understand the situation. Resulting from non-existent emphati.

Fortunately you don't speak representatively for LinusTechTips.

2 hours ago, samcool55 said:

Well i don't know the details but i do know this.

Recently LTT decided to no longer work with a third party to get merch to viewers.

They basically buy right now a bunch of t-shirts in bulk and work with an ex-employee from NCIX that has a shipping business right now to get LTT shirts to customers.

Before they used companies like teespring that basically took care of the printing and shipping, which allowed them to offer t-shirts in much more sizes, including male/female specific ones.

Today a majority of viewers is male, so most t-shirts they sell are bought by males. Thing is that females are in such a minority it's probably not worth it to hold a stock of female t-shirts as well because they now need to be sure they sell all their stock. And because there are quite a few designs and sizes it's going to be a LOT more difficult to manage female t-shirt inventory. 

Maybe when the LTT store is more mature (it's only a few weeks/months old) they might decide to also get some female t-shirt stock. But for now i assume they don't have any because the demand is a lot lower than male t-shirts and too risky atm to get some stock, or maybe it's planned in the future, i dunno.

The facts are this:

Only a small amount of viewers are female. 

Only a small amount of viewers buy merch.

A small amount of a small amount is a very small amount. 

How small, i don't know, i don't have the numbers, but it's not too far fetched that it's such a small amount it's not worth their time and effort right now.

i mean, i can understand the frustrations of the OP, and I can understand that demand might not be that high for women's shirts. That being said, it's possible that they could hold a small amount of stock for women's sizes with different designs. It just really comes down to them being asked to do so. However, I don't really see anywhere on the merch store where it specifies what gender the shirts are for so i don't see why a woman couldn't wear one.

Wow what you guys are saying is the definition of sexism that you have to face as a woman in a male dominated world. 

No I won’t accept that due to being in the minority I can’t buy merch. And I won’t buy a men’s shirt cause they don’t fit me. 

I can’t believe how mad I’m right now about reading those comments. 

Btw. I really would like to order a form fitting LTT shirt too. 

And guys why are you so keen on keeping us women out of the tech community? 

32 minutes ago, Weltraumforscherin said:

Wow what you guys are saying is the definition of sexism that you have to face as a woman in a male dominated world. 

No I won’t accept that due to being in the minority I can’t buy merch. And I won’t buy a men’s shirt cause they don’t fit me. 

I can’t believe how mad I’m right now about reading those comments. 

Btw. I really would like to order a form fitting LTT shirt too. 

And guys why are you so keen on keeping us women out of the tech community?  

not being able to buy a shirt you want really doesn't come under "keeping women out of the tech community.

as i said though, i understand the frustrations of the OP as it would be nice to have specific shirts available in the cut i prefer too.

That being said, I do think there was some sexism; but you can use that as a teaching point as getting angry online just tends to not really do anything except make you feel worse.

1 hour ago, Sylvie said:

i mean, i can understand the frustrations of the OP, and I can understand that demand might not be that high for women's shirts. That being said, it's possible that they could hold a small amount of stock for women's sizes with different designs. It just really comes down to them being asked to do so. However, I don't really see anywhere on the merch store where it specifies what gender the shirts are for so i don't see why a woman couldn't wear one.

They could hold indeed a small amount of stock for women, if OP asks LMG nicely to get a few of them, who knows what might happen ?

And there is indeed no gender mentioned anywhere on their store so for all i care they are unisex t-shirts...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

3 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

They could hold indeed a small amount of stock for women, if OP asks LMG nicely to get a few of them, who knows what might happen ?

And there is indeed no gender mentioned anywhere on their store so for all i care they are unisex t-shirts...

Yeah, my point exactly.

I can understand the frustartions of the posters, but I think it really depends on things like supply/demand, a small stock for the ladies seems reasonable, possibly increasing it if the demand is there? really it comes down to just asking the right people in the right way.

I'm a woman myself, and I just like stripy/cutsie tops so I probably wouldn't wear a linus shirt all that much, but maybe some day i'll be able to buy one just to support his group ~w~

2 hours ago, DrDos said:

Okay, bottom line:

there are no t-shirts for women, because it makes no sense in your world to print a few t-shirts for so few. Because it doesn't make any sense from a market economy point of view.

Good.

This statement is unbelievably associal. I really hope very much that this does not correspond to reality.

Well, the fact is that there aren't any t-shirts for men either. There are just t-shirts, no gender specified.

And what's the point of having the design anyway? The point of merch from LTT's standpoint is to get some income. They want money. That's why merch exists.

3 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Well, the fact is that there aren't any t-shirts for men either. There are just t-shirts, no gender specified.

And what's the point of having the design anyway? The point of merch from LTT's standpoint is to get some income. They want money. That's why merch exists. 

i mean i looked at the merch before posting here and i'd agree that the shirts don't look geared towards specific genders. however, some women's shirts are cut differently to make them easier to wear for those with larger breasticles. and i do think a smaller stock of something like that would be possible if a small number of women buy them, maybe increasing if the demand is there. I think that's a reasonable ask.

3 hours ago, DrDos said:

Your rhetorical question tells me you're not a woman and you didn't understand the situation. Resulting from non-existent emphati.

I really hate this garbage. You aren't X so you cannot understand. As if the human brain is incapable of understanding wanting to buy something and it not being available in the size that fits you. As if somehow that is something that only ever happens to women!

They also do not have children's sizes, Tall sizes, or Sizes between 4-10XL. They don't stock what they cannot readily sell. It's a business.

5 hours ago, DrDos said:

If their demographic was flipped, then we'd have the opposite happening; the store would be filled with clothing for women and non for men.

If you're going to run a business then you have to know your audience and/or customers.

Also, that question was not rhetorical, I genuinely want to know why you think that's a good idea from a business standpoint .

8 hours ago, samcool55 said:

That's complete bullshit. There's no excuse for not having t-shirts for women, despite how small the market for them is.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

I can confirm, the LTT shirts are fine for small breasts. 

7 minutes ago, Geography said:

That's complete bullshit. There's no excuse for not having t-shirts for women, despite how small the market for them is.

The analytics showed that the female demographic was about 1% of viewer count, the small percentage is probably the same kind of reason @Chett_Manly said for different sizes. If LMG has to buy in bulk and 1% of their audience will buy from something that could comprise of 15% of their stock (which is probably a conservative estimate, if they're at bare minimum for their current stock it would be 50%) then there's poor business in that, they would probably decide not to sell shirts of they were obligated to buy so many they wouldn't sell.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

15 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

<dumb excuses>

So you're saying that it's better to be sexist, than it is to lose a little bit of money?

And I'm 100% sure that LTT will survive even after losing a little bit of money on a bunch of t-shirts.

EDIT: I'm also very disappointed in the people who said that "not selling women's t-shirts is okay". You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

I doubt that we are only 1% of ltt’ s audience. We’re do you got your numbers? 

Women are 51% of the worldwide population. There is no reason to ignore us. Btw. Those T-shirts marketed as unisex is a farce. They are men’s fit. I’m disappointed. I just wanted to buy merch and I’m not able to get a shirt with wouldn’t look ridiculous on me. 

Please be kind. I really don’t like these hateful responses. But if you don’t like women to wear ltt shirts it’s ok. But don’t try to proof your argument with false numbers, just to be right. 

And if anybody could provide me with real numbers I would be glad. 

1 minute ago, Weltraumforscherin said:

I doubt that we are only 1% of ltt’ s audience. We’re do you got your numbers? 

Youtube analytics showed that not long ago. not 100% perfectly accurate but still.

I was surprised myself, I expected something like above 20%

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Your post is sexist , and the excuse is that "we can discriminate because we make more money that way" is not okay.