Where to start if I wanna learn circuits?

iLostMyXbox21

So I have become interested in circuitry recently, I’ve been wanting to learn how to use an Arduino and I wanna learn soldering. Basically I wanna learn circuitry to do motherboard / case modifications, and also for making stuff.

but where would I start? I know nothing of circuits. Can someone point me in the right direction?

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

You should be looking at Mechatronics. This is what I've studied in University. Mechatronic engineering focuses a lot on digital circuitry, telecommunications etc.

Soldering is super easy to learn unless you're an alcoholic with vibrators for hands. You might end up with 2nd degree burns and some ruined soldering tips. YouTube is your best friend here if you want to learn at home.

Same goes for learning circuitry. My advice is find some entertaining DIY channels that works with micro-controllers such as Arduino and have tutorials on how to program and use them.

Learning different components such as MOSFETS, controllers, resistors etc will be one of the biggest and tedious parts. If you want to know how chips works, then you will have to learn transistors which is IMO the hardest part of digital science.

And lets not forget the thing that powers the whole thing - electricity. You will have to learn at least basics on electricity. Alternating Current, Direct Current, volts, amps and all that jazz.  Good channel to learn some of it would be ElectroBOOM.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

4 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

You should be looking at Mechatronics. This is what I've studied in University. Mechatronic engineering focuses a lot on digital circuitry, telecommunications etc.

Soldering is super easy to learn unless you're an alcoholic with vibrators for hands. You might end up with 2nd degree burns and some ruined soldering tips. YouTube is your best friend here if you want to learn at home.

Same goes for learning circuitry. My advice is find some entertaining DIY channels that works with micro-controllers such as Arduino and have tutorials on how to program and use them.

Learning different components such as MOSFETS, controllers, resistors etc will be one of the biggest and tedious parts. If you want to know how chips works, then you will have to learn transistors which is IMO the hardest part of digital science.

And lets not forget the thing that powers the whole thing - electricity. You will have to learn at least basics on electricity. Alternating Current, Direct Current, volts, amps and all that jazz.  Good channel to learn some of it would be ElectroBOOM.

Okay thanks for the advice

and my hands do shake, but not from alcohol lmao (my anxiety) 

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

On 2/8/2019 at 4:02 AM, PopsicleHustler said:

I have a cousin studying this electronics stuff, second year in gymnasium. I've done some circuitry modding and repairs and I know some basics, but that shit was so far beyond I had very little clue what I was looking at when he showed me the circuitry schematics in KiCad and all the math behind it in his notebooks. I was like holy shit, I can fix you a broken circuitry or replace components that exhibit physical defects of some sort, but have not even the slightest clue what the F all this is. Funny how that works lol.

To learn soldering, you should start with a few soldering kits, like from Gearbest or Banggood, I can recommend you to use the TS100 soldering iron, I would say its always bes choice

I took a DC circuits class & an arduino class at my community college.

DC Circuits is pretty basic as it's mostly just current, resistance & voltage as 90% of the class. (There are complexities with it but it revolves around that mostly) then when you learn what components do & how to use them, the arduino is easy.

The arduino is programmed in C & reads/writes voltages for most of its functionality.

idk how I learned to solder but the breadboards are pretty awesome because you can make a circuit without soldering. Then you draw the schematic on a piece of paper.