6.2" 720p screen

5000 mAh battery

Moto G7:

$299

Snapdragon 632

4GB of RAM

6.2" 1080p screen

3000 mAh battery

The phones aren't waterproof but they all include a headphone jack. They also don't have NFC, and are running Android Pie.

The Moto G lineup used to be a big deal, but now I think that Motorola is losing the cheap phone market. What we're essentially getting is a set of boring phones that aren't particularly good at anything. I understand that you can't expect a lot at this price range, and actually the price was the main feature of the Moto G lineups. But now there are so many better offers that I find this lineup very hard to recommend against other Chinese devices. For me the only model that actually stands out here is the Power variant with its 5000 mAh battery (combined with a low-res screen and power efficient SoC) that should guarantee 2 days of use at the very least. But then at the same price you can get a Honor Play with 4GB of RAM and a 1080p screen. The regular G7 costs the same as the Pocofone, which features a high-end CPU, and for a little more you can even get a used OnePlus 6 or a LG G7 on sale.

Now another good feature associated with these phones is the software aspect, but then again while you might keep receiving security patches, Motorola rarely releases more than one new Android versions for their devices. So overall I'm kind of disappointed with this announcement and I personally think that the best offer at this price range is the Honor Play or something like that.

You are missing the G7 Plus, you should probably add it

I once planned to get an Asus Zenfone Max with a 5Ah battery and 5.5 inch display but then I saw 720p which was a deal breaker. Now G7 Power shoves that up to 6.2 inches? Yikes. Power saving is understandable but its 2019 hey... 

Used -700% storage

Posted · Original PosterOP
55 minutes ago, Mayushii said:

I once planned to get an Asus Zenfone Max with a 5Ah battery and 5.5 inch display but then I saw 720p which was a deal breaker. Now G7 Power shoves that up to 6.2 inches? Yikes. Power saving is understandable but its 2019 hey... 

Actually the G7 and G7 Plus have 1080p screens.

3 hours ago, IAmAndre said:

Actually the G7 and G7 Plus have 1080p screens.

Yeah but I'm talking about the G7 Power in particular. 

Used -700% storage

The price and specs are fine. It’s just not fair to compare Chinese value kings like the Xiaomi Mi 8 lite to this Motorola. It’s a different market entirely and it’s damn near impossible to out-value Xiaomi and other Chinese manufacturers. They often sell to break even or at a loss during flash sales. How do you compete with that!?

This Motorola G7 has a balanced spec sheet at a price people can afford. It’s a very boring product that will likely satisfy most people who don’t want the best camera or gaming performance.

Posted · Original PosterOP
43 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

The price and specs are fine. It’s just not fair to compare Chinese value kings like the Xiaomi Mi 8 lite to this Motorola. It’s a different market entirely and it’s damn near impossible to out-value Xiaomi and other Chinese manufacturers. They often sell to break even or at a loss during flash sales. How do you compete with that!?

This Motorola G7 has a balanced spec sheet at a price people can afford. It’s a very boring product that will likely satisfy most people who don’t want the best camera or gaming performance.

Considering that many of these phone makers like Xiaomi or Honor sell their devices on the European market, there's no excuse for Motorola. Plus Motorola can now be considered a Chinese manufacturer considering they have been acquired by a Chinese brand.

On 2/7/2019 at 3:48 PM, IAmAndre said:

Moto G7 Play:

$199

Snapdragon 632

2GB of RAM

5.7" 720p screen

3000 mAh battery

Moto G7 Power:

$250

Snapdragon 632

3GB of RAM

6.2" 720p screen

5000 mAh battery

Yeah, no thanks

Remember the good old times when Moto G was the money saver? Well, Goodbye Motorola

2 hours ago, IAmAndre said:

Considering that many of these phone makers like Xiaomi or Honor sell their devices on the European market, there's no excuse for Motorola. Plus Motorola can now be considered a Chinese manufacturer considering they have been acquired by a Chinese brand.

Eh...I guess you’re right. It’s truly a Lenovo product. 

And yet, the camera could be the saving grace. How is it compared to a Xiaomi? 

I mean...what are we paying for?