Apex Legends - Poor SLI performance [FIX]

50 minutes ago, SatanicPanic said:

How come Ballfade?  I just tweaked the existing "Apex Legends" profile and seemed to be fine?

Maybe just no luck for me, it did boost fps a little. But when I looked at afterburner  only 1 card was working hard, while the other was on a union break. 

11 hours ago, Ballfade said:

The one in the inspector is not the one you want, if you are talking of the one actually named "Apex Legends"

I did my own profile

On 2/11/2019 at 10:19 PM, Ballfade said:

You are going to have those artifact. Also spot shadows above low tank fps and in general I don't find it worth it. what resolution you playing and what is fps with the sli profile?

I'm @4K I agree with your point about the shadows but the artifacts really disturb me. Giving I'm not getting more FPS, I just play on 1 GPU at the time.

44 minutes ago, NeoToxic said:

I'm @4K I agree with your point about the shadows but the artifacts really disturb me. Giving I'm not getting more FPS, I just play on 1 GPU at the time.

I play at high refresh 4k also, The artifacts only last for like the first 20 seconds or less of the map. You might not be setting up the profile correct. Feel free to hit me up if want to continue to try to get it to work.

On 2/11/2019 at 1:24 PM, erotokritos said:

hello, i have lenovo ideapad y510p with 2x GT755m. i have tried the titanfall profile and the 0x080000F5 profile, they both increase my fps dramatically from 15 to 60. But after 2-3 mins tha game crashes ? Any ideas ?  i get this error when i use Zondaa 's profile51704622_409372893167390_3699545594524598272_n.png.de16f4681970f54c01d46291fbaf4f03.png

On 2/11/2019 at 7:09 PM, sai228 said:

Same problem with the same laptop. Lol 

me too. same laptop same problem

From what I've seen, it seems some SLI bits don't work too well in menus, but works well in game.

Regardless, these appear to be the best profiles at the moment.

https://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=11922553&postcount=3225

Some newer games require DX11 specific hacks and/or DX11 broadcast. In the case of Apex, it looks like the Wargame/Titanfall SLI bits works best with the Battlefield 1 DX11 specific hacks.

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7-6850k @ 4.2GHz

GPU: 2x FE GTX 1080Ti

Memory: 16GB PNY Anarchy DDR4 3200MHz

Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme 4

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7GHz

GPU: GTX 1050

Memory: 8GB Curcial Ballistix DDR4 2133MHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H

It didn't work for me I have 2x GTX670s in SLI. So I thought I'd try out the Titanfall 2 SLI bit which did result in actually gaining performance. I only tried it for a bit though, there was a little glitch with some reflection in the tutorial (in the cave where you start). But the rest seems to be processed as normal.

The SLI bits for titanfall2 are:

0x000000F5

It seems many games use these SLI bits 

image.png

I am always right! Unless I am wrong, but in a case like that, I was right in being wrong!

PC: i7-3770k - R9 390 8G - GA-Z77X-UP4 TH - 12GB RAM 1600-9-9-9-24-T2 = 8GB ds dc & 4GB ss sc

Server: i7-4930k - Headless - Rampage IV Formula - 32 GB RAM 2400-11-13-13-35-T2 

After I posted this above I saw SatanicPanic's post I was thinking the same thing.

I am always right! Unless I am wrong, but in a case like that, I was right in being wrong!

PC: i7-3770k - R9 390 8G - GA-Z77X-UP4 TH - 12GB RAM 1600-9-9-9-24-T2 = 8GB ds dc & 4GB ss sc

Server: i7-4930k - Headless - Rampage IV Formula - 32 GB RAM 2400-11-13-13-35-T2 

On 2/14/2019 at 8:03 PM, Ballfade said:

I play at high refresh 4k also, The artifacts only last for like the first 20 seconds or less of the map. You might not be setting up the profile correct. Feel free to hit me up if want to continue to try to get it to work.

Yes indeed I want it xD.
Tried w/ the profile in the link @Frankenburger posted, same result, I lose 3-4fps and still get the artifacts the first 20 seconds.

And I tried both Titanfall SLI profile and Titanfall 2 (and even some more).

18 minutes ago, NeoToxic said:

Yes indeed I want it xD.
Tried w/ the profile in the link @Frankenburger posted, same result, I lose 3-4fps and still get the artifacts the first 20 seconds.

And I tried both Titanfall SLI profile and Titanfall 2 (and even some more).

Artifacts are a good indication that there's an issue with your setup. It could be memory related, considering how bandwidth heavy Apex is.

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

Well, I have a 9900K CPU so only 16 PCI lanes, but when I play with the default profile I don't have those so 1x16 or 2x8 shouldn't be a problem imo.

Tested some other settings, not getting any better results.

Going to sleep now, I really want to get higher than 57 fps on training mode (because in actual game I get an average 45).

17 minutes ago, NeoToxic said:

Well, I have a 9900K CPU so only 16 PCI lanes, but when I play with the default profile I don't have those so 1x16 or 2x8 shouldn't be a problem imo.

Tested some other settings, not getting any better results.

Going to sleep now, I really want to get higher than 57 fps on training mode (because in actual game I get an average 45).

I'm not sure you understand what I'm trying to say. Artifacts are usually caused by a hardware issue or fault.

The profile you downloaded is tested and confirmed working with GP104's, which means the artifacting isn't a result of simply enabling SLI.

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

7 hours ago, Frankenburger said:

I'm not sure you understand what I'm trying to say. Artifacts are usually caused by a hardware issue or fault.

The profile you downloaded is tested and confirmed working with GP104's, which means the artifacting isn't a result of simply enabling SLI.

Well, I don't have any problem in other games like GTA V or Witcher 3 :3

Guys I found settings that give me the absolute best FPS I've had so far.  There are occasions where it seems to stutter despite the FPS being high, but this is best performance I've had yet without any real artifacts (except for some flickering in the main menus)

FYI - I have dual Titan X (Maxwell) GPUs:

apexSLI2.jpg

apexSLI.jpg

This boosted your FPS with SLI 1080TI's? I'm running the same setup and using this method I'm getting worse frames than with one card...

Could you share more details with me perhaps @Zondaa?

23 hours ago, KickAssDave said:

Guys I found settings that give me the absolute best FPS I've had so far.  There are occasions where it seems to stutter despite the FPS being high, but this is best performance I've had yet without any real artifacts (except for some flickering in the main menus)

FYI - I have dual Titan X (Maxwell) GPUs:

apexSLI2.jpg

apexSLI.jpg

Why do you put GPU count to 4?

On 2/19/2019 at 9:25 PM, HugsAndKisses said:

Why do you put GPU count to 4?

In all honesty, probably no need to.  I've seen this done a few times elsewhere.  Probably has zero effect.  The more important setting is the "autoselect" for SLI mode and the SLI compat and Specific hacks.

Did you give it a go?

In 419.17 drivers :

Application SLI Profiles

Added or updated the following SLI profiles:

•Apex Legends

On 2/24/2019 at 7:38 PM, NeoToxic said:

In 419.17 drivers :

Application SLI Profiles

Added or updated the following SLI profiles:

•Apex Legends

I am sorry to disappoint you, but the New SLI Profile either refuses to kick in, or the scaling is bad
I am going to stick with one card, I am really upset at all the issues!

Edit: I found out it was G-Sync playing havoc with SLI! Turning it off (shame though), and I get about 30-50% more frames even with TXAA on. Really strange! On the other hand turning TXAA off and G-Sync on is a similar story, I get more than both on. Must be bandwidth or game engine ripping SLI apart when both are on. G-Sync with SLI and TXAA do sometimes play along but for APEX not so much.