Apex Legends - Poor SLI performance [FIX]

Have an SLI setup and tried playing Apex Legends but got poor performance? Then look no further!

So I have a 1080ti SLI setup and when i first launched the game upon release, i had immediately noticed that the utilization of GPU2 was minimal (Had the MSI Afterburner overlay enabled)

I immediately recalled a time where this had once happened to me before... TITANFALL 2.

Anyway the default SLI profile that nvidia runs on the game sucks. Maybe they'll release a driver update in the future with a profile that increases gpu utilization but for now you can try this:

1. Download Nvidia Inspector

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvidia-inspector-download.html

2. Extract all the files in the Zip to a folder of your choosing

3. Run the nvidiaprofileinspector.exe (make sure it's ran as administrator)

4. Click on the settings box located next to the driver version (image shown below)

inspector.png.b058a7795db8c63f37eb31a8d4b50647.png

5. Click on the Profiles bar at the top and locate Apex. As there's no profile currently defined for the game, it'll be named via it's directory such as:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Apex Legends\r5apex.exe

inspectorprofile.png.9eaef07577897494c111404fae8b72ad.png

6. Now on the SLI compatibility bits line, click on it's SettingValue (should be 0x00000000 by default) and change it to the above.

7. Once done, click apply and you should be good to go!

This gave me a huge fps increase in the game and hasn't given me any issues thus far.

Let me know if this does/ doesn't work for you, I'm curious!

P.S Sorry about the poor quality screenshots, I'm not on my home PC as I type this fix out and mostly recalling the steps from memory

Hopefully this solution works for you as it did for me

Laptop: Gigabyte AERO 15X - i7 8750h, gtx 1070, 16gb ddr4, 2TB Samsung NVME

Current Build:NZXT h440, Intel i7 5930k, Corsair H100i, Asus x99 deluxe, 16gb Corsair Vengeance 2666mhz LPX, Evga 1080ti hybrid SLI, Evga supernova 1200w, Lg 34gk950f monitor, 2x Samsung 850 Pro in Raid 0 <p>

Hi!

Had to register just to thank you. I've been struggling and troubleshooting for the last 2 days. This fix helped and both GPU's are finally in sync. Getting a decent 80-100 fps now compared to the 20-40fps I was getting before. Thank you, you're a LEGEND.

3 hours ago, funkeh said:

Hi!

Had to register just to thank you. I've been struggling and troubleshooting for the last 2 days. This fix helped and both GPU's are finally in sync. Getting a decent 80-100 fps now compared to the 20-40fps I was getting before. Thank you, you're a LEGEND.

Hello,

Glad I was able to help! That is such an immense FPS gain! What gpu's are you using?

Current Build:NZXT h440, Intel i7 5930k, Corsair H100i, Asus x99 deluxe, 16gb Corsair Vengeance 2666mhz LPX, Evga 1080ti hybrid SLI, Evga supernova 1200w, Lg 34gk950f monitor, 2x Samsung 850 Pro in Raid 0 <p>

Made an account as well just for this, thank you so much from 60 to 120 fps.

Btw EVGA 970 SSC SLI.

2 hours ago, Zondaa said:

Hello,

Glad I was able to help! That is such an immense FPS gain! What gpu's are you using?

80-100 fps was maybe abit of a strech (in the practice zone). Still pushing a solid 60-80fps in game though. I got two old 680 cards, they still work surprisingly well considering their age.

Hey, so i was going to do this but ive run in to a problem.. 

When searching for Apex in the game list it doesnt show up? Can i somehow add a profile or something? I see 3 different Apex but none named Apex legends.. 

would be grateful for any help i could get! 

Thanks 

//Abbeo

Yo,

I'm having some trouble implementing this fix.

I'm either blind, dumb or illiterate but I can't find the game through the profile selector.

Like you said it has no nice name like "Apex Legends" but I can't find anything resembling it's filepath either.

I've tried creating a new profile, selecting the "r5apex.exe" file and changing it's sli compatibility bits, but only get about 20-25 fps in the menu from that, most likely since the created profile uses the global base profile settings, some of which I'm guessing are supposed to be changed for the game.

So in the end I can't test the change in sli settings.

My profile selector only gives me predefined profiles with names of the games themselves, and since you can't reverse search for profiles with a selected ".exe" file i'm stumped at how i'm supposed to procceed.

Any tips?

Searching for the filepath yields nothing btw.

// Nakite

Ello again,

I'm going to export my profile for Apex, hopefully it'll work for you guys. Bare in mind that G-SYNC is enabled in the profile so if you don't have/use gsync then disable it.

Follow the screenshot to import said profile :)

image.png.97bdaf3e3b1d16743996d3065dfa0c8d.png

Good luck

after.nip

Didnt work for me unfortunately. Got 2x GTX1080s and still got approx 10fps in menus and game. Imported SLI profile as well as making my own. If someone else has any luck with another profile, please share it

Are you on the latest driver?

3 hours ago, Zondaa said:

Are you on the latest driver?

Yes, i am on the latest driver

same with me 1080's sli 5-10 fps in menu with the latest driver and this profile 

I have the same issue (nearly) i only hit 24-25 FPS in menu and game with your profile if someone has the solution...

Edit : Forget to mention that i have an SLI of 2 GTX 97, also, i don't know exactly why but i can't import your profile, i mean : when i import it it litteraly change nothing..

after importing the profile nothing happens really, i still et 0% load on my 2nd gpu. same problem as i had on BFV but since i could get to BFV profile page i could fix that .. 

Is ther something i should do to get the APEX game in the list perhaps? 

thanks

The original poster is on an old version of nvidia inspector. I am on 2.1.3.10. He is on v1.9.7.3. 

I too am having the same issue as others are having not being able to scroll down and select the file path. I was able to click the "create new profile" button and then add the directory of the filepath to that profile. BUT unable to find the titanfall 2 profile within the SLI compatability bits. 

I went to his version and also found the same difficulty. So not sure. 

3 hours ago, funkyseth said:

The original poster is on an old version of nvidia inspector. I am on 2.1.3.10. He is on v1.9.7.3. 

I too am having the same issue as others are having not being able to scroll down and select the file path. I was able to click the "create new profile" button and then add the directory of the filepath to that profile. BUT unable to find the titanfall 2 profile within the SLI compatability bits. 

I went to his version and also found the same difficulty. So not sure. 

If you read my post in it's entirety you'd see that I was not on my pc on the time and replicated the screenshots on my laptop with images from google.

To those who are still having issues, the game may be defaulting to the integrated gpu rather than your Nvidia cards.

I haven't experienced this issue because of my cpu lacking integrated graphics.

To quote the poster who discovered this issue:

"For some reason Apex was defaulting to my integrated Intel graphics rather than my GTX 1070. Forced Apex to use my GTX under global settings and I am now back to regular FPS expectations."

Hope that helps 

I'm using V2.13, There's an actual profile for apex legends now, so you can search it by name.
The only thing that I can't seem to find is the profile in the compatibility bits for titanfall 2.
I think it might be under a different name on the new version.

i just checked in v2.13, there is now Apex Legends profile in there so idunno what scooterprint is talking about.

So I got this to work on 2.1.3.10. You are able to get the directory by clicking the arrow next to the home icon. It popped up in the drop down created from clicking on said arrow. After that I just put in what the OP said, and SLI is working like a charm.  Also I notice while trying to get sli working, that if my g-sync was set to windowed and full screen, the game turned into a slideshow. Setting it to only full screen fixed the issue.

EDIT: Also anyone looking for the bit on the "newer" version of inspector, it will be on the (DX10+11) drop down. Look for Wargame: AirLand battle, Titanfall is located with that.

i see mine under the arrow, probably due to the imported profile, sadly its for the origin game folder on my C drive and its not where i have the game installed xD 

1 hour ago, Abbeo said:

i see mine under the arrow, probably due to the imported profile, sadly its for the origin game folder on my C drive and its not where i have the game installed xD 

Hmm I never imported the file the OP later linked.   How the heck you get it to install somewhere else? I have tried putting games on origin in different drives and it always gives me some error. Then again I didn't try with this game. Any luck yet?

I've tried this on my rig (970 sli) and I get mixed results. Either the menu runs at 6 FPS, or running very high FPS, but HUGE drops and stuttering when compared to running without a profile.

We're close, but not there yet.

So, i tried with the compatility bits 0x080000F5 (Shooter Game) and the result is a little bit better in my case but no THAT much than one running card ... if that can help some of you