How can i pair 128GB ram with i9-9900k?

VxZ

Ok, i was aiming at 64gb at first but i found out that the i9-9900k supports 128GB.

And yes having 128gb is very helpful for my work

The thing is, i couldn't find any mobo that supports more than 64gb ram, all of them are 64gb max,

And also since i9-9900k only accepts 4 sticks (dual channel), I couldn't find any 4*32 kits, I tried searching everywhere (Amazon, Newegg.. etc) 

So what am i missing :( 

thank you

8 minutes ago, VxZ said:

Ok, i was aiming at 64gb at first but i found out that the i9-9900k supports 128GB.

The thing is, i couldn't find any mobo that supports more than 64gb ram, all of them are 64gb max,

And also since i9-9900k only accepts 4 sticks (dual channel), I couldn't find any 4*32 kits, I tried searching everywhere (Amazon, Newegg.. etc) 

So what am i missing :( 

thank you

top MSI and asus boards support it with a bios update

https://www.pbtech.co.nz/news/1503/128GB-RAM-Support-for-Z390-Motherboards-

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/msi-z390-motherboard-128gb-ram-bios,38330.html

They are making tall boy RAM sticks now so I imagine they should be available soon.  I've seen a couple things about them now and one was from ASUS, but on a smaller form factor motherboard.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

2 minutes ago, nick name said:

They are making tall boy RAM sticks now so I imagine they should be available soon.  I've seen a couple things about them now and one was from ASUS, but on a smaller form factor motherboard.  

those are only supported by 2 slot motherboards atm

1 minute ago, TrigrH said:

That's great, but here comes the second problem, the kits

I can only find 8 * 16 ram kits but no 4*32 kits

The only solution I can see is buying 4* 32 alone not as kits, but I'm afraid about combability and such 

11 minutes ago, VxZ said:

so 128gb is helpful but using a xeon board isn't?

1 minute ago, emosun said:

so 128gb is helpful but using a xeon board isn't?

Well, after effects don't seem to love more cores, most of my work is on it + 64 ram gets eaten easily fast and i have lots of background programs opened, also i have kinda of a high budget so i want the best performance i could get for it :)

4 minutes ago, VxZ said:

Well, after effects don't seem to love more cores

if you aren;t giving after effects anything to do , then yeah your cpu load will be low. i can 99% 24 cores just fine.

and keep in mind that having a high budget isnt always the best excuse to buy excess ram , fully knowing that there exist ddr2 machine with 128gb of totally slow uselss ram , money that could have been saved for a better platform.

well alrighty. bye

33 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

those are only supported by 2 slot motherboards atm

they work on 4 slot boards. Look at the supported boards here

https://www.anandtech.com/show/13694/double-height-ddr4-gskill-zadak-2x32gb-ddr4-3200

22 minutes ago, emosun said:

if you aren;t giving after effects anything to do , then yeah your cpu load will be low. i can 99% 24 cores just fine.

and keep in mind that having a high budget isnt always the best excuse to buy excess ram , fully knowing that there exist ddr2 machine with 128gb of totally slow uselss ram , money that could have been saved for a better platform.

well alrighty. bye

They removed the render multiple frams on seprate threads thing in 2015. The main frame render thread is single theaded.

Look here, the best chips are the highest clocked ones https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/After-Effects-CC-2017-2-CPU-Comparison-Skylake-X-Kaby-Lake-X-Broadwell-E-Kaby-Lake-Ryzen-7-977/

54 minutes ago, emosun said:

well alrighty. bye

Well i just need that ram, projects are crashing on my 16GB system, and no it isn't an excuse, thanks

1 hour ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

they work on 4 slot boards. Look at the supported boards here

https://www.anandtech.com/show/13694/double-height-ddr4-gskill-zadak-2x32gb-ddr4-3200

Please give me the names of these boards?

3 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

Please give me the names of these boards?

Did you read the link?

1. ASUS ROG Maximus XI Apex (Z390)
  2. ASUS ROG Maximus XI Gene (Z390)

and more will be added soon or already have been added

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

yea, it listed those board have 4 dimms and will work with 32gb udimms, what did you see?

really the apex and gene have 4 slots? are the other 2 on the back of the motherboard? ahahha?

Just now, TrigrH said:

really the apex and gene have 4 slots? are the other 2 on the back of the motherboard? ahahha?

well oops, but support is comming to other boards with 4x dimms.

8 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

They removed the render multiple frams on seprate threads thing in 2015. The main frame render thread is single theaded.

well then dont do that if its slow