Electronic Arts Stocks Takes A Nosedive Again

YoloSwag

It's seems these days if you fart in an elevator tech stocks will drop.  Not surprised when the whole market is volatile, we should be technically having a 1980's meltdown but for whatever reason the economy refuses to die.  This is probably good. but also explains why everyone is a but tense about about earnings.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

2 hours ago, Bcat00 said:

Perfect example is the MMO genre, it's practically dead aside from WOW

No. WoW is the MMO that is dead after countless poor decisions from Activision-Blizzard.

As of August 31, 2018... FFXIV had 14 Million Active subscriptions. The MMO genre is not dead, people are just tired of WoW because Blizzard continued to take out things that should of been obtainable in the game and put it on the blizzard store. (Mounts,Pets,ETC). The game also has been a complete shitshow the last 5-6 years which lead to a massive player drop off.

Simply put, make a game that makes your customer want to quit their job over. Microtransactions and shitty gameplay experiences do not keep players loyal. Don't make your game political (BF5).  

who would have guessed if you demonise your most loyal fanbase they would stop buying your game

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

at least their will be anthem, new ip means chance to turn a new leaf

Spoiler

anthem-microtransactions.original.jpg

oh....

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

4 hours ago, Sauron said:

Well, that's expected when a game doesn't sell as well as anticipated... especially a big franchise like BF. As for why this happened, honestly I'm not sure - I don't think it's the single player being bad, it has always been trash in battlefield games ever since they introduced a CoD style campaign. I don't think it's the lack of a BR mode either, though they may have lost a lot of customers to Fortnite and PUBG.

It may be that people are just no longer interested in Battlefield-like games, or they've been burned by the Battlefront fiascos. I myself haven't bought a Battlefield game in years due to their season pass nonsense and their insistence on making the multiplayer closer and closer to CoD, which I never liked.

It isn't surprising with BF5, not just EA forcing politics into the game or the "if you don't like it don't buy it" which is the worst thing a company can tell a consumer, but rushing the game to launch with tons of bugs,only a few maps and guns,no custom rent a server program which helps to build and retain a playerbase rather than joining into random servers.

I would agree people are probably tired of the Battlefield-like games because there hasn't been anything that new, even some of the Battlefield youtubers are asking EA to do something like another Bad Company title, yet EA/Dice doesn't seem to know why people like the Bad Company games.

Although the season pass "premium" DLC was better than what EA is doing with BF5, EA promised the players a ton of free content for buying the deluxe edition yet all it turns out to be are a few weapon or character cosmetics here and there, at least with the paid season pass EA was giving their customers some decent maps and weapons.

2 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

not just EA forcing politics into the game

Honestly ain't nobody got time for that - having a woman in a videogame is not political unless you really want to make it so, and even if it were the impact on the enjoyability of the game is absolutely minimal. The only people I can see boycotting the game exclusively for that don't deserve consideration.

5 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

rushing the game to launch with tons of bugs,only a few maps and guns,no custom rent a server program which helps to build and retain a playerbase rather than joining into random servers.

Now that's a valid complaint. I didn't know that it was particularly buggy.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Others have mentioned it, but it's hardly surprising considering the bad press EA has generated over the years.

5 hours ago, Sauron said:

As for why this happened, honestly I'm not sure

Allow me to illustrate.

We need more boys in My Little Pony!  We need new characters to convert Pinky-Pie, Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash to characters like 'War horse', 'Cavalier', 'Artax' and 'The Horse Mask' and have them fighting and dismembering each other & baddies to attract a better demographic than silly little crybaby girls.  MLP can't rely on just the little girl market and needs to be more welcoming to others, their interests, values and goals.

If you don't agree, or understand why this plan is brilliant you're an overly emotionally unhinged pussy and need to man up.

Now continue to buy MLP...Or else.

7 minutes ago, MoonSpot said:

Allow me to illustrate.

We need more boys in My Little Pony!  We need new characters to convert Pinky-Pie, Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash to characters like 'War horse', 'Cavalier', 'Artax' and 'The Horse Mask' and have them fighting and dismembering each other & baddies to attract a better demographic than silly little crybaby girls.  MLP can't rely on just the little girl market and needs to be more welcoming to others, their interests, values and goals.

If you don't agree, or understand why this plan is brilliant you're an overly emotionally unhinged pussy and need to man up.

Now continue to buy MLP...Or else.

Honestly, I wouldn't expect anyone but a child to be upset there was a woman in a videogame. If the demographic for battlefield games is exclusively immature sexists then maybe it's time for the franchise to die.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

49 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Honestly ain't nobody got time for that - having a woman in a videogame is not political unless you really want to make it so, and even if it were the impact on the enjoyability of the game is absolutely minimal. The only people I can see boycotting the game exclusively for that don't deserve consideration.

Now that's a valid complaint. I didn't know that it was particularly buggy.

I don't mind women being in the game at all, people complaining about that seems to be just a small group trying to ruin it for everyone else, but its what  @MoonSpot mentioned,EA trying to attract a demographic that really isn't even the main audience buying a Battlefield game, that isn't bad at all and i'd be glad if it were to get more people into the game but EA went so far to call anyone that disagreed with the decision uneducated.

Some of the bugs are pretty minor but still should have been fixed before release, like the prone bug where it would keep standing you up, and the glitchy bipods that don't always deploy are stuff Dice fixed but were still very annoying.

Time to release another FIFA

4 hours ago, Bcat00 said:

I agree EA's done a lot of shitty and crappy things on repeated occasions but i don't think that's why their sales are so poor. 

In fact, i think its just people are tired of the sort of games they put out. Honestly, when have you seen them innovate?

Blizzard used to be hailed as the golden standard as the gaming industry, and now? Most people I talk to don't even touch their games and don't even mention my nephews and nieces, its all about fortnite and league of legend for them. 

Call it a generation gap, the old is done with gaming and moving on with their life and the new (kids) are not interested in what their pops are used to playing. 

Perfect example is the MMO genre, it's practically dead aside from WOW

I was hesitating to even touch Overwatch because it looked like a total unplayable clusterfuck in every video. But once you start playing it, it's actually a pretty good game. It's what, like 3 years old now and it looks AMAZING. Some might brush against its cartoony looks, but when you look at reflections, lighting, shading and shadows, it's absurdly detailed. And runs at like 300 billion frames per second.

I've also played Warcraft 3 and all StarCraft games, but always single player, never online. And their games have always been amazing, from technical and gameplay aspect.

Good, let them burn.

I can only hope that the IP gets sold off and others can pick up and unfuck everything EA has done in the last few years.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I'm not too thrilled about Battlefield V.  It seems like the same old game play 20 years ago but nicer graphics. I thought I was getting the full game with RTX card and not paying extra for those add-ons...no way.

Anthem Demo was a complete disaster. I never heard of a company releasing a Demo with so many issues right before the game comes out few weeks later.  Typical Corporate Pig Ethics and Merry-Go-Round of Shenanigans. Top heavy unorganized with too many Chiefs Micro-Managing and not enough Indians

CPU i7 4960x Ivy Bridge Extreme | 64GB Quad DDR-3 RAM | MBD Asus x79-Deluxe | RTX 2080 ti FE 11GB |
Thermaltake 850w PWS | ASUS ROG 27" IPS 1440p | | Win 7 pro x64 |

It's really not hard to explain why the game didn't sell well.  It was pushed back to November 20th, so it had a smaller window than usual to sell.  And while it wasn't a disaster, it just wasn't good enough to convince people who already had their heart set on Red Dead, Black Ops, Spider-Man or other really well-done titles that were out weeks earlier.  As much as the haters want to fantasize that it's about the social agenda, the reality is much more boring than that.

48 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Good, let them burn.

I can only hope that the IP gets sold off and others can pick up and unfuck everything EA has done in the last few years.

I hope that EA would sell the Battlefield IP, but I wouldn't be surprised if EA killed off the Battlefield franchise since they've been fucking up their games since the rushed launch of BF4 just so they could beat COD and the failure of Hardline which many said should have been a BF4 DLC. And only caring about sales not making games that their consumers want, an example with BF5 is implementing a battle royale mode that most players don't want and is a waste of money that EA could be putting towards fixing the game and adding maps.

36 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

I hope that EA would sell the Battlefield IP, but I wouldn't be surprised if EA killed off the Battlefield franchise since they've been fucking up their games since the rushed launch of BF4 just so they could beat COD and the failure of Hardline which many said should have been a BF4 DLC. And only caring about sales not making games that their consumers want, an example with BF5 is implementing a battle royale mode that most players don't want and is a waste of money that EA could be putting towards fixing the game and adding maps.

It would be so easy to come back from where they are.

Revert the classes to exactly the way they were in BFBC2 (support goes back to being assault, medic gets the LMG, engineer is engineer and give the damned mortar binoculars back to the recon class), revert the guns and equipment back to that as well. Maybe keep minor customization options for cosmetic stuff for guns and the soldier you play as, have decent level design.

That's really all they need to do. Besides making hardcore with spotting and minimap as the normal mode, and the hardcore mode just turns those off and turns team damage on.

Oh. And custom servers. Bring those back.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

2 hours ago, Sauron said:

Honestly, I wouldn't expect anyone but a child to be upset there was a woman in a videogame. If the demographic for battlefield games is exclusively immature sexists then maybe it's time for the franchise to die.

You missed some of what the analogy was illustrating; and just like forgetting a pinch of salt when cooking, even though its a very small thing, ruins the dish completely.

I hear the stock market is like Battlefield; just a bunch of microtransactions. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

oh is this wall street again?

also, EA, where is my The Sims 5 online? I'm still surprised there isn't a battle royale with them

So that's why origin released a F2P battle royale.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

That is all I can say

SmartSelect_20190206-225515_Discord.jpg

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

5 hours ago, MoonSpot said:

You missed some of what the analogy was illustrating; and just like forgetting a pinch of salt when cooking, even though its a very small thing, ruins the dish completely.

The problem is that the people who didn't want women represent only a tiny fraction of the complaints. The majority of which were asking on exactly what was DICE's direction.

Were they going fictional or were they trying to be more faithful to real WWII events? Because if they're going for the latter, there are brilliant real-world examples of female soldiers in the Second World War, many of which are supremely underrated. Barely anyone gave a shit about females in multiplayer. 

Their handling of the controversy also left a heap to be desired. 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

9 hours ago, mr moose said:

It's seems these days if you fart in an elevator tech stocks will drop.  Not surprised when the whole market is volatile, we should be technically having a 1980's meltdown but for whatever reason the economy refuses to die.  This is probably good. but also explains why everyone is a but tense about about earnings.

Yes, market resiliency is great. Huge dips do have some recovery time but at least it does recover and doesn't not spell the end.

I like how a lot of companies now are just refusing to die. This is a good thing in the sense that they are at least trying to do something.

Good thing for the economy overall. I remember Sony lol.

Hopefully EA wakes up, makes better and innovative games, and gives back the Disney Star Wars license thing, it doesn't do them great and is probably expensive to maintain.

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

Deserved, at the same time though I've always been a massive fan of the battlefield series. 3 has always been my favourite. 5 is good but you can tell it needs more work. I just like the feeling of complete open warfare.

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s