Electronic Arts Stocks Takes A Nosedive Again

YoloSwag

Reported by various media sources. Also you can check the stock's value yourself here.

Please note the following data was taken from Google Finance. Some pricing variances may or may not occur.

1553993323_EAStocks1.PNG.083321b178170750ebff32207abe34b8.PNG

A 5-day graph that shows stock price movement.

Well it really is a nose dive. 

112361968_EAStocks.PNG.b123f6c3d67780c44126e25d70afc9e2.PNG

Here's a graph showing 1 year stock price movement.

Around the same time last year stocks were on the ~$120s ...but also seems to have taken a nosedive on the 8th of February 2018. Probably due to disappointed investors looking at 3rd Fiscal Quarter reports. So this might not be really new for EA.

Also looking at this 1-year graph, EA did recover from the December 2018 dip. So it doesn't mean EA won't recover from this.

Please note while this news seems bad if you invested in EA recently, EA's stocks are generally higher in 2017 and 2018 than in previous years. But I doubt you'd see the steady increase it showcased the previous years.

Here's a video of Youtuber YongYea explaining it.

The video description does contain more sources.

Something to note: CFO Blake Jorgensen blames the drop in the Battlefield series on developers focusing on single-player campaigns and not releasing a Battle Royale mode.

IMHO - We have too much BR games already. They're even launching another BR game called Apex Legends. Also, wasn't Star Wars: Battlefront (2015)'s problem was it lacked a single-player campaign the same as BlackOps 4 which by the way launched with a BR mode? They forgot to blame their poor PR strategy of “Accept it or don’t buy it”.

These companies are very detached from their consumer. It's like they think the stocks will perform better as long as they give out the same generic formula. Consumers/customers determine sales and from sales the profitability of a company and from this the interest of investors. Maybe just make complete games again(???)

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

Well, that's expected when a game doesn't sell as well as anticipated... especially a big franchise like BF. As for why this happened, honestly I'm not sure - I don't think it's the single player being bad, it has always been trash in battlefield games ever since they introduced a CoD style campaign. I don't think it's the lack of a BR mode either, though they may have lost a lot of customers to Fortnite and PUBG.

It may be that people are just no longer interested in Battlefield-like games, or they've been burned by the Battlefront fiascos. I myself haven't bought a Battlefield game in years due to their season pass nonsense and their insistence on making the multiplayer closer and closer to CoD, which I never liked.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Gee, piss on customers, shove stupid loot garbage into everything and re-release same shit every year in an incomplete form and expect increase in profits. EA, did you forget how to business? I used to wait games in excitement. These days I can't even be bothered. I didn't care much about other games from EA, but I cared a lot about Need for Speed. I loved these series, but after shit with NFS Payback, they managed to piss me off too. Now, instead of enthusiasm, next NFS release will be based on pessimism: "Gee, I bet it'll suck just the same as Payback".

I don't know about gaming industry, but I'm sure that's not how you make money...

Who would have thought if you keep making games people don't like they end up not buying them?

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Maybe they'll start learning that releasing unfinished games and telling the people not to buy it actually causes people to not buy games. Who would've thought.

But this is EA, so who am I kidding.

4 minutes ago, Sauron said:

I myself haven't bought a Battlefield game in years due to their season pass nonsense and their insistence on making the multiplayer closer and closer to CoD, which I never liked.

I remember getting BF3 for free then finding out there's lots of "packs" just like COD.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 was a great game imo. I wished they continued it.

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

3 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Who would have thought if you keep making games people don't like they end up not buying them?

Just wait till they yet again blame it on piracy... They always turn to that scape goat...

If EAs shares drop any lower, they'll be giving them away in loot boxes.

Spoiler

"C'mon, give me that pink weapon skin I really want.... Dammit!! It gave me another EA share! I swear these loot boxes are rigged to only give you trash"

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

7 minutes ago, YoloSwag said:

I remember getting BF3 for free then finding out there's lots of "packs" just like COD.

BF3 wasn't like that on release, which is why I felt taken advantage of when they introduced a season pass later on that also provided people who bought it with priority queue and other "exclusive" bullshit. I never touched a battlefield game since.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Spotty said:

If EAs shares drop any lower, they'll be giving them away in loot boxes.

Reveal hidden contents

"C'mon, give me that pink weapon skin I really want.... Dammit!! It gave me another EA share! I swear these loot boxes are rigged to only give you trash"

Yeah but they'd still try to sell those lootboxes though.

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, YoloSwag said:

this is what has turned me off from fps competitive gaming for most part

along with lack of private servers now days

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

BF3 wasn't like that on release, which is why I felt taken advantage of when they introduced a season pass later on that also provided people who bought it with priority queue and other "exclusive" bullshit. I never touched a battlefield game since.

The introduction of "Deluxe Editions" and others confused me at first.

I was expecting to buy a complete game and find out there are different editions that come with different perks.

It was like they were planning to sell slices of pizzas and not the whole box.

You'd get the box, the first 3 slices are still cooking, you'd pay for the whole thing now even though you don't have the rest of the slices, sometimes the slices that come after the 3 aren't even what you ordered.

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

With ea being an embodiment of everything that is wrong with the gaming industry, any news about ea not doing well is music to my ears.

Maybe, just maybe they'll realise that people are actually fed up with the microtransactions, convoluted release schedule and nonsense dlc (not to mention games loaded with drm)

How have they not realized that even from a FINANCIAL standpoint, companies that avoid these cash grabs end up being more sucessfull in the long run- look at cdprojektred's witcher 3 for instance- no drm, no microtransacitons, 14 peices of free dlc and two new paid dlc's that surpass the quality of the origional game, its no surprise it ended up being one of the most sucessfull games of its generation.

6 minutes ago, YoloSwag said:

The introduction of "Deluxe Editions" and others confused me at first.

I was expecting to buy a complete game and find out there are different editions that come with different perks.

It was like they were planning to sell slices of pizzas and not the whole box.

You'd get the box, the first 3 slices are still cooking, you'd pay for the whole thing now even though you don't have the rest of the slices, sometimes the slices that come after the 3 aren't even what you ordered.

Yes, I know what you mean. It reminds me of this:

ZxJBm5G.jpg

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

Just now, CTR640 said:

Yes, I know what you mean. It reminds me of this:

The bendy straws are not included and are sold as part of a collectors edition which does not include the some DLCs lol

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

Just now, YoloSwag said:

The bendy straws are not included and are sold as part of a collectors edition which does not include the some DLCs lol

Hahaha, didn't see the straw being missed! I am afraid that's exactly how I see the EA's filthy business tricks.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

Remember times when Deluxe Edition meant receiving same game as everyone else, but in a metal box with game maps, gadgets and accessories, posters and stickers or magnets? I never cared much about all this stuff, but I still have Red Alert 3 Collectors Edition with all this stuff and it was quite nice. These days, they just give you stupud ingame skins, some sprays and some extra in-game credits and that's that. Lazy and lame.

1 hour ago, YoloSwag said:

CFO Blake Jorgensen blames the drop in the Battlefield series on developers focusing on single-player campaigns and not releasing a Battle Royale mode

Naturally. After all, who cares about story mode aside from people who like Titanfall, God of War, Battlefield 1, etc?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Naturally. After all, who cares about story mode aside from people who like Titanfall, God of War, Battlefield 1, etc?

I haven't played any multiplayer of any Medal of Honor or Battlefield. Always only for single player.

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

God of War is the only real single player game there, and the only actually good one

I myself blame telling your customers not to buy your game

1 minute ago, Eaglerino said:

God of War is the only real single player game there, and the only actually good one

I myself blame telling your customers not to buy your game

The single player campaign of BF1 was probably my favorite part, and Titanfall was regarded very highly for having an excellent single player (which I also absolutely love), so the fact that the CEO says "Durr we should replace single player with a fortnite clone" it's a clear sign that he's pretty out of touch. I don't mean to say it should be single player only, but single player should be a string suit of the franchise.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

For me battlefield died after Bad Company 2. I did get BF3 and it was fun at first but it was missing something. BF4 was a total clone of BF3 and Hardline too except longer loading times. Battlefield 1 (why not restarting from 1) and finally 5 which i haven't played but from gameplay i see it's the same as BF3-4-Hardline-1.

1 hour ago, YoloSwag said:

They forgot to blame their poor PR strategy of “Accept it or don’t buy it”.

Yeah, not the best way to market your game.  I did buy BFV though.  It's fun, I like it more than BF1.  Also I don't really see the point of a battle royale mode for the type of game it is...

Also, since they just released APEX Legends, why would Dice want to compete with Respawn for battle royale players, especially considering APEX Legends is free...?  

Edit:

Another thought occurred to me.  Investors may be down on EA since a lot of their revenue stream is loot boxes...which more and more countries are trying to regulate or ban and in general its a ***** business practice for the consumer.

My Rig:

-i7 7700k @ 4.8 Ghz, delid

-ASRock Z270-ITX/ac mobo 

-16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V @ 3000Mhz

-RX 580 Sapphire Nitro+

-240 AIO, Celsius S24

-Crucial MX300 525GB, 2TB HDD

-Fractal Design Define Nano S

-650 80+ Gold semi modular from EVGA

-1080p 75Hz dell monitor

1 hour ago, k.m.p said:

I agree EA's done a lot of shitty and crappy things on repeated occasions but i don't think that's why their sales are so poor. 

In fact, i think its just people are tired of the sort of games they put out. Honestly, when have you seen them innovate?

Blizzard used to be hailed as the golden standard as the gaming industry, and now? Most people I talk to don't even touch their games and don't even mention my nephews and nieces, its all about fortnite and league of legend for them. 

Call it a generation gap, the old is done with gaming and moving on with their life and the new (kids) are not interested in what their pops are used to playing. 

Perfect example is the MMO genre, it's practically dead aside from WOW

5 minutes ago, Bcat00 said:

I agree EA's done a lot of shitty and crappy things on repeated occasions but i don't think that's why their sales are so poor. 

In fact, i think its just people are tired of the sort of games they put out. Honestly, when have you seen them innovate?

Blizzard used to be hailed as the golden standard as the gaming industry, and now? Most people I talk to don't even touch their games and don't even mention my nephews and nieces, its all about fortnite and league of legend for them. 

Call it a generation gap, the old is done with gaming and moving on with their life and the new (kids) are not interested in what their pops are used to playing. 

Perfect example is the MMO genre, it's practically dead aside from WOW

True, for a game to be successful in this market it can't rely on a preexisting fanbase of the previous game, it has to do something new and fresh that appeals to players.

'more of the same' games only work for a short while before people get bored, needless to say the shitty things they've done does not help the situation in any way