Best way to connect Composite (GC, PS2) to a Smart TV?

DracePhoenix

Hello LTT-Forum,
I've bought a 4k Smart TV with these connections:

fee_786_587_png.png.7b498904c8ddf10d56a9eb3977c03bb0.png

Additionally there are two adapter cables for YpbPr and L/R (im ignoring the L/R cable)
51q6ikRdElL._SY355_.jpg.674860082a1ec05ee7a99b80fc803601.jpg
now to my problem: I would like to attach my GameCube, PlayStation 2 to my TV (with hopefully not loosing any quality or adding latency)
So i need to somehow connect these41cLbEWGtkL._SX385_.jpg.cb9f646e8ad558981589cc5a114f9c8e.jpg

What would you recommend to be the best way to do so? Convert to HDMI and use HDMI or USB maybe?
Is there even a way to get from composite to component so i can use the 3,5mm YPbPr?

As i said I'd like to have it to not loose any quality and add (if possible) unnoticable latency.
Obviously the cheaper the better - i just want it to work and to feel just as if i'd be using a tv with SCART.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I've heard that there are TV's that can just take the yellow composite and have it put into the blue component, sadly this doesn't work on mine.

1 minute ago, TheFlyingTraut said:

They make rca to hdmi converters. Like $15 on Amazon. 

Do they decrease the quality or add noticeable latency?

Just for clearance sake, the yellow wire from composite is video, the red and white ones are (together) stereo audio. Pretty sure the green of YPbPr is compatible with the yellow of composite, but it kind of confuses me how there is only 1 (seeming RCA?) connector on the TV for audio.

Or is that a 3.5mm audio jack? If so, there are plenty of RCA to 3.5mm cables out there for next to nothing.

The second best thing would be getting a converter for composite to HDMI, but don't get your hopes up in terms of quality; it's really not that great via composite in general. Especially on larger panels.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

6 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Just for clearance sake, the yellow wire from composite is video, the red and white ones are (together) stereo audio. Pretty sure the green of YPbPr is compatible with the yellow of composite, but it kind of confuses me how there is only 1 (seeming RCA?) connector on the TV for audio.

Or is that a 3.5mm audio jack? If so, there are plenty of RCA to 3.5mm cables out there for next to nothing.

The second best thing would be getting a converter for composite to HDMI, but don't get your hopes up in terms of quality; it's really not that great via composite in general. Especially on larger panels.

10A93BB4831.jpg.cd4aebf3c659492ffc0322e9563e485d.jpg

I hope this image answers your question - it works in this combination btw, but the image is only black and white.
Both the green YPbPr and white L/R Audio are 3,5mm (on the TV)

10 minutes ago, DracePhoenix said:

10A93BB4831.jpg.cd4aebf3c659492ffc0322e9563e485d.jpg

I hope this image answers your question - it works in this combination btw, but the image is only black and white.
Both the green YPbPr and white L/R Audio are 3,5mm (on the TV)

Hmm, looking online a bit it seems like this could be fixed by going into your device's settings and setting it to composite mode (both TV and the other device).

Or, it's possible your TV has no composite video built in, which means you need to get some sort of adapter.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

This is basically why I bought a HDMI adapter for my gamecube. Costs a lot, but it works like a charm on my gamecube's digital out port.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

10 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Hmm, looking online a bit it seems like this could be fixed by going into your device's settings and setting it to composite mode (both TV and the other device).

Or, it's possible your TV has no composite video built in, which means you need to get some sort of adapter.

Sadly no composite mode.

4 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

This is basically why I bought a HDMI adapter for my gamecube. Costs a lot, but it works like a charm on my gamecube's digital out port.

I'd also like to use a PS2 - so I'd need something for both GameCube and PS2

12 minutes ago, DracePhoenix said:

Sadly no composite mode.

I'd also like to use a PS2 - so I'd need something for both GameCube and PS2

You'd need a universal converter box in that case that converts AV to HDMI. It's never going to look good on a TV like this though, it's still a blurry analog signal you're trying to push.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

what about this one? Ch 3

rf-3-rca-cable-2.jpg&f=1

unless you're already using the antenna port 

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

I use a ps2 to hdmi adapter. Their like 7 bucks on ebay. No noticeable latency added, quality is about the same as it ever was.

That being said a backwards compatible ps3 works way better (getting hard to find).

For gamecube I use a wii and a wii2hdmi adapter again like 7 bucks on ebay. Works way better than the ps2 adapter.