Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RickyMrBoss

Fitness tips? Badly Underweight

3 hours ago, Umberto said:

225 pounds at 5'10" is well over obesity level bmi

Yes and the BMI scale is horribly innacurate. Everybody is built differently. I'm not tall but not short. I'm not fat. I have less than 1% body fat. It's muscle on me. According to the scale I should weigh around 150 pounds. I would look like a skeleton at that weight. 

Current Build

I5 4460

Hyper Evo 212

Gigabyte Z87X-D3H

WD 1TB HDD

XFX RX 480 RS 4GB

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr3 1600 Patriot Ram

Mixture of Phanteks and Thermaltake Fans

Phanteks P400S

honestly i wouldnt stress over it.  im about 6ft as well, and up until i was 22, i was never more than 130.(i barely broke 100 before highschool).  im 28 now and about 150

keep eating, dont starve yourself and dont stress about it.  time will take over

7 minutes ago, Zusafek said:

Yes and the BMI scale is horribly innacurate. Everybody is built differently. I'm not tall but not short. I'm not fat. I have less than 1% body fat. It's muscle on me. According to the scale I should weigh around 150 pounds. I would look like a skeleton at that weight. 

BMI is worthless.  it doesnt take into account fat vs muscle(which weighs more).  so very fit short people can be considered "obese"

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Just now, Tsuki said:

honestly i wouldnt stress over it.  im about 6ft as well, and up until i was 22, i was never more than 130.(i barely broke 100 before highschool).  im 28 now and about 150

keep eating, dont starve yourself and dont stress about it.  time will take over

BMI is worthless.  it doesnt take into account fat vs muscle(which weighs more).  so very fit short people can be considered "obese"

Exactly. My older brother only stands 5'5" and weighs 275 pounds. He's short, stocky and almost as wide as a door. According to the BMI index he's morbidly obese. But he isn't. 

Current Build

I5 4460

Hyper Evo 212

Gigabyte Z87X-D3H

WD 1TB HDD

XFX RX 480 RS 4GB

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr3 1600 Patriot Ram

Mixture of Phanteks and Thermaltake Fans

Phanteks P400S

27 minutes ago, Zusafek said:

Im not sure if you're trolling but you don't have 1% body fat lol. Unless you are a dwarf or a giant, and not a bodybuilder, BMI is a good indicator. There's a 35 lbs span at your height to have a normal BMI which is a pretty big margin of error to account for different body compositions, and you are 50 lbs over the upper limit so far beyond any margin of error. 

This guy is 5'10" and probably around 225 lbs to slighty more in this picture

But he's on gear and fitness is his job. 

225 lbs at 5'10" is only normal if you have a warped sense of reality. 

6 hours ago, Umberto said:

225 pounds at 5'10" is well over obesity level bmi

I mean the guy could look something like this, but he'd have to be heavy into the bodybuilding scene for that. And if that's the case, kudos to him:50c7fd49514f041d714119ceeda0f341.jpg.659ff883513c39fe9c93705fcb59e2f1.jpg

Damn....

4 minutes ago, BlockedTheShot said:

I mean the guy could look something like this, but he'd have to be heavy into the bodybuilding scene for that. And if that's the case, kudos to him:50c7fd49514f041d714119ceeda0f341.jpg.659ff883513c39fe9c93705fcb59e2f1.jpg

Plus these people gotta eat a lot of meals throughout a day. They could spend like $500 a day for food alone. 

14 minutes ago, Subway said:

Plus these people gotta eat a lot of meals throughout a day. They could spend like $500 a day for food alone. 

well the guy in pic is about ~200 pounds. checking with a tdee calculator(Disclaimer: this is a good resource, but is not percise as every human is different)  he needs about 3000 calories(assuming he lifts 3-5 times a week), even when you consider how much calories you need to lean bulk(only about 200-300, to gain 1-2 pounds a month, so you don't gain too much fat on top of that), It's not too bad to eat the amount of food required to look like that(IMO, but then again i can gulp down 2500 calories due to the gym and still not gain anything). However, you need to be committed(to bulking and gaining mass and be doing this for a good amount of time).

However, if this guy were to have a schedule like michael phelps or kobe bryant had(multiple cardio workouts throughout the day), that would be a different story

Damn....

1 hour ago, BlockedTheShot said:

Like I said, unless you are a bodybuilder. And if you "don't really exercise", you will hardly look like that - it takes a few years of lifting and eating to get roid traps like that

First off, the whole BMI crap is based on a generalization.  There are factors like health history, genetics, and so much more that go into that.  My suggestion is to see a nutritionist to find a healthy plan for you, avoid the 99% bs supplements, and to calorie count your way with healthy foods and balanced meals.  My guess is that you're most likely not eating enough to keep your weight healthy.  If you wanna develop muscle both whey and creatine can help, but you really don't need supplements if you take in the right amount of protein for you.  You can also maybe get a good trainer too who doesn't bro train.  Also, there's no quick healthy way to get the results you probably want.  It takes time, dedication, and so on to build muscle properly.  A lot of bodybuilders lie their asses off and are really just using steroids.  The infomercial people are all full of shit hence why they're doing infomercials.  One other thing, you probably have a gym teacher.  Talk to them.

Bloodshed and the Fenris-Wolf:

| CPU:  Ryzen 9 3900x | CPU Cooler:  Dark Rock Pro 4 | Paste:  Kryonaut | Motherboard:  ASUS ROG x570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RAM:  G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 | Boot Drive:  Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME | Storage Drives:  Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2-2280+Western Digital WD Blue 2 TB 2.5"+Toshiba N300 8 TB 3.5" 7200RPM+Toshiba X300 4 TB 3.5" | GPU:  ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP Extreme Core | Case:  Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB | PSU:  EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply w/CableMod E-Series Cable Kit (Black/Red) | Case Fans:  2 Corsair SP140 49.49 CFM 140 mm Fans | Displays:  BenQ PD2700U 27.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz+Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQ 27.0" 2560x1440 165 Hz+MSI Optix MAG322CR 31.5" 1920x1080 180 Hz | Mouse:  Corsair M65 RGB ELITE | Keyboard:  Ducky Shine 7 Blackout - MK Exclusive First Release - RGB LED Double Shot PBT Mechanical Keyboard with Silent Red Switches | Mousepad:  Gaya Entertainment Oversized Gaming Mousepad Doom | Audio:  AKG K712 PRO Headphones+Audio-Technica ATR2500-USB Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone+Kingston HyperX Cloud II 7.1 Channel Headset+iBasso IT01 Dynamic Driver Audiophile In-Ear Monitors/Earbuds (Black)+Pair of Mackie MR624s(came with stands+isolation pads) | OS:  Windows 10 Pro |

Bifröst(ROG Zephyrus M GU502):

| CPU:  i7-9750h | RAM:  32GB Dual Channel 2666mhz CL 19(Stock+Samsung 16GB DDR4 PC4-21300, 2666MHZ, 260 PIN SODIMM, 1.2V, CL 19 ) | Storage:  1TB SSD with Optane | GPU:  Nvidia RTX 2060 | Display:  144hz 3ms | Mouse:  Corsair M65 Pro |

Didn't read thread but it takes months for results

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

2 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

A lot of bodybuilders lie their asses off and are really just using steroids.

Still lift their asses off.

The guy in the last picture doesn't go twice a week for 45 mins. The other previous one either.

0,01% of the Instagram stars are natty tbh. Only famous Youtuber that's probably natty is Jeff Cavaliere.

Desktop: 7700k @ stock, 32gb ddr4 @ 3000, 1080Ti, Maximus IX Hero.

Laptop 1: Asus Zephyrus 701 - i7-9750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 2070 RTX

Laptop 2: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

24 minutes ago, Raskolnikov said:

Still lift their asses off.

The guy in the last picture doesn't go twice a week for 45 mins. The other previous one either.

0,01% of the Instagram stars are natty tbh. Only famous Youtuber that's probably natty is Jeff Cavaliere.

I didn't look over the pictures, to be honest, and I don't really pay attention to youtubers for health advice.  I was also commenting more about something Arnold said.  He himself stated that he and a lot of competitive bodybuilders use/d steroids and made up lies over the years of how they "got their results".  Some were making ridiculous claims of excessive amounts of protein daily, but the thing is if you took in the amount of protein they were claiming then it would turn mostly into fat.

Bloodshed and the Fenris-Wolf:

| CPU:  Ryzen 9 3900x | CPU Cooler:  Dark Rock Pro 4 | Paste:  Kryonaut | Motherboard:  ASUS ROG x570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RAM:  G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 | Boot Drive:  Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME | Storage Drives:  Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2-2280+Western Digital WD Blue 2 TB 2.5"+Toshiba N300 8 TB 3.5" 7200RPM+Toshiba X300 4 TB 3.5" | GPU:  ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP Extreme Core | Case:  Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB | PSU:  EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply w/CableMod E-Series Cable Kit (Black/Red) | Case Fans:  2 Corsair SP140 49.49 CFM 140 mm Fans | Displays:  BenQ PD2700U 27.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz+Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQ 27.0" 2560x1440 165 Hz+MSI Optix MAG322CR 31.5" 1920x1080 180 Hz | Mouse:  Corsair M65 RGB ELITE | Keyboard:  Ducky Shine 7 Blackout - MK Exclusive First Release - RGB LED Double Shot PBT Mechanical Keyboard with Silent Red Switches | Mousepad:  Gaya Entertainment Oversized Gaming Mousepad Doom | Audio:  AKG K712 PRO Headphones+Audio-Technica ATR2500-USB Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone+Kingston HyperX Cloud II 7.1 Channel Headset+iBasso IT01 Dynamic Driver Audiophile In-Ear Monitors/Earbuds (Black)+Pair of Mackie MR624s(came with stands+isolation pads) | OS:  Windows 10 Pro |

Bifröst(ROG Zephyrus M GU502):

| CPU:  i7-9750h | RAM:  32GB Dual Channel 2666mhz CL 19(Stock+Samsung 16GB DDR4 PC4-21300, 2666MHZ, 260 PIN SODIMM, 1.2V, CL 19 ) | Storage:  1TB SSD with Optane | GPU:  Nvidia RTX 2060 | Display:  144hz 3ms | Mouse:  Corsair M65 Pro |

Posted · Original PosterOP

UPDATE:

I changed my diet like 2 weeks ago and started to eat wayyyy more eggs and proteins overall, also started drinking ensure every other day.

Today I weighed myself and it was the first time I weighed 123 pounds, finally a different number than 118 -122

I changed my exercises a little, im doing something called system 6, and i do exercises 7 days out of 2 weeks (one day i do them the next day i rest and so on)

20190218_192004.jpg

Carbohydrates are the key to weight gain. Breads, pastas, starchy foods, and sugary foods.

It's difficult to advise on how to gain weight in a healthy way because, for some people, they can eat healthy food all day until they feel sick and still not gain weight.

But as long as you're eating 3 balanced meals a day of healthy food which contain at least as many calories as you burn off then there's not really a problem with being under a certain weight, is there? So I wouldn't worry so much about being "badly underweight".

On 2/7/2019 at 7:12 AM, BinaryShadow said:

This sounds like a familiar story, I'm 6' 3" and approx. 55kg and have been for nearly 20 years (mid 30's now). Have tried things in the past but never noticed any real difference.

I'm interested to see if you manage your goal.

Jesus, i just can't grasp the fact you're like 5 inch taller than me and under half m weight. Just with a quick guestimate you'll be needing like 3.5kish cal a day with a 3/4 day workout week. Only problem is 3k or more cals a day = hefty food bill / week.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

You should gain weight healthily

- Eat good-for-health foods. For example, vegetables, fruits, meat.

- Have many meals per day. Eat whenever you feel hungry.

- Do excercise. It's good for your health and increase your hunger for food :)

- Be positive. Smile often as it helps with your good health and mind

- Avoid eating while playing games, watching TV, or doing other tasks. I have a bad habbit of gaming (now on mantigames) and eating along the way. I know it won't do any good to my stomach in the long run.

- After eating, take a light rest. Don't sleep or do other things right away.

- Take multivitamins

- Have enough sleep - This is VERY important

- Don't be stress out too much over trivial things. And don't overthink them.

Hope it helps! You can do it!!

On 2/5/2019 at 8:06 PM, RickyMrBoss said:

So im a 17 year old that stopped doing any physical activity at around my 14, and this new years my resolution was to grow muscle as fast as i can(in a healthy way) and gain weight, any advice?

Im 17 (as already mentioned)

I weight 120 pounds

And im 6 ft tall

And i know that 120 for a 6ft guy is not good

I started doing excercise and stuff 

But for you to have an idea, my first day of excercise was on January 2 and i could barely do 15 push ups, now as of today(feb 5) i can do 45-50

But still no weight gain, im stuck at 118-122 pounds 

Pls help 

Thanks

Actually, if anything, doing a lot of exercise will make you lose more weight (Calories in -> Calories out).

Pushups will build some muscle, but they won't make you "ripped".

Frankly, you need to increase your calorie intake. You need to eat more. Ideally, make it balanced, with some amount of fats and sugars and carbs, and with plenty of protein if you want to "get ripped" or gain a lot of muscle.

If you want to gain muscle, doing dead lifts/power lifts and lots of weight training is going to be the direction you want to take. If you can afford it, get a personal trainer at a local gym (even just once per month to give you some exercises and track your progress).

Furthermore, go to your doctor and talk about your weight. They should be able to give you a referral to a registered nutrition expert, who can help you craft what kinds of foods (and how much) you should be eating.

DO NOT just eat a bunch of ice cream or other junk food. Yeah you'll gain weight, but you'll also make yourself quite unhealthy.

But the very basic:

Eat more calories than you burn. Science will do the rest.

For Sale - iPhone SE 32GB - Unlocked - Rose GoldSold

Spoiler

* Intel i7-4770K * ASRock Z97 Anniversary * 16GB RAM * 750w Seasonic Modular PSU *

* Crucial M4 128GB SSD (Primary) * Hitachi 500GB HDD (Secondary) *

* Gigabyte HD 7950 WF3 * SATA Blu-Ray Writer * Logitech g710+ * Windows 10 Pro x64 *

You need to eat more to gain weight, and come along with right amount of exercises. Since your 17, you are still growing man. Don't stress yourself.

21 minutes ago, Contreras said:

You need to eat more to gain weight, and come along with right amount of exercises. Since your 17, you are still growing man. Don't stress yourself.

I weighed 120 pounds until I went to College, then I gained an easy 20+ pounds.

A lot of people find it hard to gain weight when they are young. For most of them, once they get into their late 20's and 30's, it becomes much easier (too easy, some would say).

For Sale - iPhone SE 32GB - Unlocked - Rose GoldSold

Spoiler

* Intel i7-4770K * ASRock Z97 Anniversary * 16GB RAM * 750w Seasonic Modular PSU *

* Crucial M4 128GB SSD (Primary) * Hitachi 500GB HDD (Secondary) *

* Gigabyte HD 7950 WF3 * SATA Blu-Ray Writer * Logitech g710+ * Windows 10 Pro x64 *

It's easy to loose the first 20lbs and a challenge going forward.  All those health tip books and diet plans gimmics are just same as any other and quickly loose 20lbs.

Multi-Vitamins are worthless and do not dissolve properly.  The best Vitamin is liquid form and about $25 -  Natures Way - Alive !

https://www.amazon.com/Natures-Way-®Multivitamin-Food-Based-Antioxidants/dp/B0019I8NXS

For excercises watch Youtube Military Bootcamp training.   Dedicate 1 day to running 1 hour and alternate next day to Muscle Failure.  - Good Military muscle failure are Fludder Kicks and Monkey Fu@$ers.  Jumping Jacks are called Side Straddle Hop - sung in cadence of 3 = 1.  You'd be doing 1,500 Jumping Jacks no problem by 4th week of Boot Camp.  Relax on the Weekends and ride a bike, but not needed

Really fun and great exercise ? Spend $300 on a professional DDR Metal dance pad. You can wear sneakers of them and stomp the crap out of it and it won't break.

CPU i7 4960x Ivy Bridge Extreme | 64GB Quad DDR-3 RAM | MBD Asus x79-Deluxe | RTX 2080 ti FE 11GB |
Thermaltake 850w PWS | ASUS ROG 27" IPS 1440p | | Win 7 pro x64 |

Yes, The Monkey F-er will F- you up ;)

CPU i7 4960x Ivy Bridge Extreme | 64GB Quad DDR-3 RAM | MBD Asus x79-Deluxe | RTX 2080 ti FE 11GB |
Thermaltake 850w PWS | ASUS ROG 27" IPS 1440p | | Win 7 pro x64 |

Do you want to be jacked but unhealthy?

Probably not...

-No refined sugar

-Time dependent eating

-Intermittent fasting

-Limited carbs

-High fiber and resistant starch

-High protein 

-Moderate fat from healthy sources