Juniiii

Do you still play Grand Theft Auto V  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still play Grand Theft Auto V

• Yes but I do not enjoy it as much
    • No never played it
    • Yes and still do enjoy it very much
    • No stopped playing it

As for me, the game is still playable but not as enjoyable as it used to be, days when you’d grind missions all day to get a zentorno and flex on people, now it’s just flying cars and bikes with orbitial strikes and half car half submarin, all this just ruined the game for me but I still play it. Oh forgot to mention the laser guns! GTA turned into saints row

I like the game but it's hard to enjoy since I have trouble running it.

But thats a me problem.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

Only ever cared to Single Player.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

21 minutes ago, WikiForce said:

i stopped play online since a while ago as it used to take almost half an hour to load the session even while having a decent connection with low ping. Now, i only occasionally play Single Player mode with trainer, not many mods though as they don't work well with my pc and cause the game to crash for some reason.

The loading times and ping and all is alotttt better than what it was before.

Online never worked for me. Technically it did but out of 3 attempts and 3 "dead before I even got a weapon" games I gave up. Single player I still play from time to time, it's great fun especially with mods. 

Well I just log in here and there to see what new content they have online. Usually its worth a couple hours of playtime every 1-2 months. Not a bad return if you break it down to the €60 I paid back then... must have spent something around 200-300h ingame by this point.

3 hours ago, DaMainMan said:

Well I just log in here and there to see what new content they have online. Usually its worth a couple hours of playtime every 1-2 months. Not a bad return if you break it down to the €60 I paid back then... must have spent something around 200-300h ingame by this point.

I mainly do fivem, I do visit the game itself once in a while, online is just filled with money drops at this point.

Occasionally jump in just to drive around, listening to music. Online has become way too grindy over the past few years, and it's too hard finding public servers without hackers. Also its annoying as hell that every time you log in to online you spend the first 10 minutes answering 600 phone calls and texts telling you to buy a bunker, buy an office, buy an airfield, buy a yacht, buy a nightclub, buy this newly released car, etc.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

I haven't played the game after the nightclub update . I usually play heist few survivals and rarely play races and I don't like to being killed by  "flying vehicles" as there are plenty of em now. I remember my vehicle turn to a boat, carrying people with me, fire flames water and many more ! But like I said its GTA so its fun.

My Rig

HP Omen 16 | 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13700HX | 16 GB DDR5 RAM | NVIDIA Geforce RTX 4060 8 GB | 512GB PCIe Gen4 NVMe TLC M.2 SSD |

16.1-inch (40.9 cm) 1920 x 1080 165Hz | RGB Backlit Keyboard |

Does anyone noticed civilian cars are scripted during CEO missions?

4 hours ago, Lukyp said:

Wym?

I started playing on PS3 and now i bought it for PC and I'm enjoying it again. GTA Online is painful with the loading times but I'm having a good time on FiveM Servers.

Just now, dyamondz said:

I started playing on PS3 and now i bought it for PC and I'm enjoying it again. GTA Online is painful with the loading times but I'm having a good time on FiveM Servers.

Fivem is where it’s at

On 2/6/2019 at 6:22 AM, Pi31415 said:

this is what gta was meant for 

And here I am playing gta v LSPDFR and chasing criminals 4 life 

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

On 2/5/2019 at 9:53 AM, Juniiii said:

As for me, the game is still playable but not as enjoyable as it used to be, days when you’d grind missions all day to get a zentorno and flex on people, now it’s just flying cars and bikes with orbitial strikes and half car half submarin, all this just ruined the game for me but I still play it. Oh forgot to mention the laser guns! GTA turned into saints row

I used to like the game on pc, then rockstar started hunting down hackers that gave out free cash and removing hacked cash from player's accounts(gta is a complete microtransaction fest without these hackers imo)

Damn....

4 hours ago, BlockedTheShot said:

I used to like the game on pc, then rockstar started hunting down hackers that gave out free cash and removing hacked cash from player's accounts(gta is a complete microtransaction fest without these hackers imo)

i got my share of 500 mill and still have it to this day

Time to get this conversation a boost...

On 2/5/2019 at 12:53 PM, Juniiii said:

As for me, the game is still playable but not as enjoyable as it used to be, days when you’d grind missions all day to get a zentorno and flex on people, now it’s just flying cars and bikes with orbitial strikes and half car half submarin, all this just ruined the game for me but I still play it. Oh forgot to mention the laser guns! GTA turned into saints row. Online is just filled with money drops at this point. 

Well it is a six year old game. I can understand why you think it's ruined. The game is what you make it, online or offline. And it's far from Saints Row. Sure money drops exist but there's ways of dealing with them, both beneficially and passively if you know what I mean.

On 2/5/2019 at 1:05 PM, mxk. said:

I like the game but it's hard to enjoy since I have trouble running it. But thats a me problem.

Have you tried lowering the graphic settings? What are your PC specs?

On 2/5/2019 at 1:05 PM, WikiForce said:

i stopped play online since a while ago as it used to take almost half an hour to load the session even while having a decent connection with low ping. Now, i only occasionally play Single Player mode with trainer, not many mods though as they don't work well with my pc and cause the game to crash for some reason.

Online runs just fine now. When modding, you have to read and follow all directions and know what you're doing to begin with. Crashes happen but it's trial and error imo.

On 2/5/2019 at 1:06 PM, Princess Cadence said:

Only ever cared to Single Player.

You're missing out big time if you've never played online. It's like a whole new game with just as much variety.

On 2/5/2019 at 3:01 PM, FlappyBoobs said:

Online never worked for me. Technically it did but out of 3 attempts and 3 "dead before I even got a weapon" games I gave up. Single player I still play from time to time, it's great fun especially with mods. 

You're gonna die this way if you're really low ranked. You can always just go passive to get used to how things work. Online can be just as fun as single player, if not more fun.

On 2/5/2019 at 3:13 PM, King Poet said:

Single Player + Modded to death = hours of mindless destruction.

A very good way to describe modding GTA 5 right there. Throw in the word endless and that's what it is in a nutshell.

On 2/6/2019 at 8:23 AM, DaMainMan said:

I used to do this same thing for years. Now I'm hooked again because there's still so much going on with the game. Just hit hour 466 today. A couple of weeks ago, that number was around 280 hours. I took so much of a break, I'm back in the grind I was once in back on Xbox 360. The game is just so much better on PC in 1440p at 75-125 fps.

On 2/6/2019 at 1:18 PM, Spotty said:

Occasionally jump in just to drive around, listening to music. Online has become way too grindy over the past few years, and it's too hard finding public servers without hackers. Also its annoying as hell that every time you log in to online you spend the first 10 minutes answering 600 phone calls and texts telling you to buy a bunker, buy an office, buy an airfield, buy a yacht, buy a nightclub, buy this newly released car, etc.

Oh it's definitely a grind, you got that right. I've been playing everyday for the past couple of weeks(after taking a break for a year or two) and every single day I log in finding a public server without hackers is actually a breeze. All you gotta do is go to find a new session until you hit a lobby with less than 8 people in it. Takes roughly 1-7 tries, max. And the more friends you add, the easier it is to get to know the grinders that enjoy low populated lobbies so once you log in all the time, getting thrown into their low populated lobbies is very simple and more frequent. Sure you'll run into hackers but you must understand that there's two types of hackers, friendlies and grievers. Friendlies can help you out in more ways than one. Grievers you just go to a new session once you know they're there, problem solved. As for those 600 phone calls, they go away once you buy a bunker, buy an office, buy a hangar, buy a nightclub, etc, etc. Never got a single text telling me to buy a yacht or new sports car though. Not sure why or how you're getting texts like that.

On 2/7/2019 at 8:51 AM, Tech Guru said:

I haven't played the game after the nightclub update . I usually play heist few survivals and rarely play races and I don't like to being killed by  "flying vehicles" as there are plenty of em now. I remember my vehicle turn to a boat, carrying people with me, fire flames water and many more ! But like I said its GTA so its fun.

Numerous ways to deal with flying vehicles, numerous. For starters, you do know you can buy those same flying vehicles right? You can also snag them when they go on sale. As for those modders, just go to find a new session, problem solved. GTA 5 has to be fun for it to still be coming out with new DLC's and a highly populated online community.

On 2/8/2019 at 5:39 AM, Lukyp said:

Yup. Along with scripted npc enemies during missions in general. Some of the AI is actually pretty smart and just unpredictable enough to earn praise. The DD heist setup missions for starters. On hard, you have to put in the hours to master them dudes.

On 2/8/2019 at 10:16 AM, dyamondz said:

The loading times aren't so bad once you get the hang of how they work.

19 hours ago, BlockedTheShot said:

They still exist, I assure you. And there's ways of keeping the cash. Spending it immediately is a great way to start. Make your transaction history look normal is also wise. Deposits or transactions of a million or ten million is obvious. A deposit of a hundred thousand and big transaction spends scattered here and there with other earnings in between is normal, know what I mean?

14 hours ago, Pi31415 said:

i got my share of 500 mill and still have it to this day

A lot is possible when you know what you're doing.

Just now, Dr. Historic Low said:

finding a public server without hackers is actually a breeze

All you gotta do is go to find a new session until you hit a lobby with less than 8 people in it. Takes roughly 1-7 tries,

lol. Needing to rejoin the servers half a dozen times to find a server without hackers. Easy.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

As for those 600 phone calls, they go away once you buy a bunker, buy an office, buy a hangar, buy a nightclub, etc, etc. Never got a single text telling me to buy a yacht or new sports car though. Not sure why or how you're getting texts like that. 

I can't afford to buy all that shit. And I'm not really interested in that stuff anyway.
I think it sends you some texts or emails or something when they have a new vehicle in stock, or there's a special discount on something. Don't always get them, but I'm pretty sure I've got a few in the past.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

lol. Needing to rejoin the servers half a dozen times to find a server without hackers. Easy.

Today I logged in I was immediately in a lobby with one other person. He left a few minutes later and voila, a server all to myself. Did all my grind for a few hours then hopped off. Went back online later tonight and was thrown into a highly populated lobby. Got an invite from a friend a moment later, joined his game and was in a server with just him and me. Another server all to ourselves. The half a dozen times drops the more friends you add. That's why I said 1-7 and not just 7.

4 minutes ago, Spotty said:

I can't afford to buy all that shit. And I'm not really interested in that stuff anyway.
I think it sends you some texts or emails or something when they have a new vehicle in stock, or there's a special discount on something. Don't always get them, but I'm pretty sure I've got a few in the past.

You can when you put in work. Once you get just 3 MC businesses, a nightclub and a terrorbyte, you're set to make millions a day. I make around a million or two an hour, depending on what's double money. Right now the nightclub produces money at double the usual rate and popularity increases at double the rate so a lot of my money is made by it right now. And the good thing about the nightclub, it's even more passive than the MC businesses. You literally can do nothing and make millions from their deliveries alone. The bunker is about to go double money in the coming weeks as well as the DD heist finales. I have them so mastered, I plan to make a ton from them. Selling cars was just double money last week, I grinded a good 20 million from that thing in just a week. And I only play about 4-6 hours a day. 

24 minutes ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Have you tried lowering the graphic settings? What are your PC specs?

Yeah I lowered my graphics settings. My PC can't run dirt shit (besides CSGO) so it doesn't matter. My specs are "Current PC" in my signature.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

38 minutes ago, mxk. said:

My PC can't run dirt shit (besides CSGO) so it doesn't matter.

Looks as though your GPU is a 1070ti? I only have a 1070 and my PC runs GTA 5 just fine. Is it the fact that you're using a laptop? What resolution is your monitor or laptop?

Looks as though your GPU is a 1070ti? I only have a 1070 and my PC runs GTA 5 just fine. Is it the fact that you're using a laptop?

Lol, you couldn't tell it was my CPU that is the issue? It's on par with an i5-2400. Its so fucking bad that I can't run anything but old call of duty games and counter strike. It's not a laptop, just fyi. What made you think it was a laptop?

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

1 minute ago, mxk. said:

Lol, you couldn't tell it was my CPU that is the issue? It's on par with an i5-2400. Its so fucking bad that I can't run anything but old call of duty games and counter strike. It's not a laptop, just fyi. What made you think it was a laptop?

My mistake. I tried editing my comment after I read the rest of your specs and realized what it was. Have you tried running the game in 900p?