Thermal paste. Is higher "W/m-k" better or worse?

Luke

I've been looking at some thermal pastes and it shows this for example "1.500W/m-k". I don't know what this means exactly i tried to look it up and it was confusing i just need to know is it the higher the number the better the conductivity or is it the other way around? Thanks!

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

W/m-k stands for 'watts per meter kelvin'. It refers to the heat transfer via conduction; the higher the figure, the better the paste can conduct heat. However, make sure you consider the type of paste (and what you need it for) before you start comparing these heat conductivity numbers. Hope this helps!

W/m-k stands for 'watts per meter kelvin'. It refers to the heat transfer via conduction; the higher the figure' date=' the better the paste can conduct heat. However, make sure you consider the type of paste (and what you need it for) before you start comparing these heat conductivity numbers. Hope this helps! [/quote']

Do you have any suggestions for the type of paste? I'm just swapping a CPU in the computer down stairs for something better i wont be overclocking or anything.

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 []