Jump to content
Phishing Emails & YouTube Messages - Fake Giveaway Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BCYTECH

SD Card Issue

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey guys,

Recently, I found out that my spare Sony SD Card (4GB) has not been able to work on my existing camera.
In the past, I have used this SD card and it works.

When I insert the SD Card, the camera can't seem to detect the SD card in it.
I tried to load the SD card into the computer and it detected and still able to work.

On the other hand, my camera is still able to work with another SD card with the same brand.

Can anyone advice how to resolve?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 2/5/2019 at 6:31 AM, TrigrH said:

if it works in a PC, get what you need off it then format it in the camera.

Thanks for your suggestion! Will try it later and hopefully everything will be alright. I will make an update here soon

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 2/5/2019 at 1:31 PM, TrigrH said:

if it works in a PC, get what you need off it then format it in the camera.

Umm...how am I suppose to format it on the camera when the camera can't detect the SD card??

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2019 at 11:11 PM, BCYTECH said:

Hey guys,

Recently, I found out that my spare Sony SD Card (4GB) has not been able to work on my existing camera.
In the past, I have used this SD card and it works.

When I insert the SD Card, the camera can't seem to detect the SD card in it.
I tried to load the SD card into the computer and it detected and still able to work.

On the other hand, my camera is still able to work with another SD card with the same brand.

Can anyone advice how to resolve?

How old is the card? There was a time when the SDHC standard (>= 4GB sized cards) hadn't been formalized, but the tech to build them existed, so manufacturers made 2 and 4 GB cards using the straight SD standard. Some devices were hard coded to only accept up to 1GB SD cards, and so would fail to read cards larger than that. (Though, on the other hand, that time was almost 10 years ago...)

Does the camera just say "No Card" or does it give an error?


Main System (Byarlant): Ryzen 5 1600X | Asus B350-F Strix | Corsair H80i V2 | 16GB G.Skill DDR4 3200MHz CAS-14 | Reference Nvidia GTX 770 2GB | Samsung 960 PRO 512GB/Samsung 970 EVO 500GB/HGST 7200RPM 1TB | Corsair CX650M | Mellanox ConnectX-2 10G NIC | Anidees AI-07BW Case

 

FreeNAS Server (Veda): Core i3-4170 | Supermicro X10SLL-F | Corsair H60 | 32GB Micron DDR3L ECC 1600MHz | 4x 3TB WD Reds/4x 10TB WD Whites/1x Samsung PM961 128GB/1x Kingston SSD 16GB | Corsair CX430M | Mellanox ConnectX-2 10G NIC | LSI 9207-8i LBA | Fractal Design Node 804 Case (side panels swapped to show off drives)

 

Media Center (Jesta): Core i7-2600 | Asus H77M-PRO | Stock Cooler | 8GB No-name DDR3 | EVGA GTX 750Ti SC | Sandisk UltraII SSD 64GB/Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Corsair CX450M | Hauppauge ImpactVCB-PCIe | Asus Xonar Sound | LG UH12NS30 BD-ROM | Silverstone Sugo SG-11 Case

 

Laptop (Rozen-Zulu): Sony VAIO VPCF13WFX | Core i7-740QM | 8GB Patriot DDR3 | GT 425M | Kingston 120GB SSD | Blu-ray Drive | (Still my favorite typing keyboard)


Tablet (ReGZ): Asus T102HA | Samsung EVO+ microSD 128GB

 

Testbed/Old Desktop (Kshatriya): Xeon X5470 @ 4.0GHz | ZALMAN CNPS9500 | Gigabyte EP45-UD3L | 8GB Nanya DDR2 400MHz | XFX HD6870 DD | OCZ Vertex 3 Max-IOPS 120GB | Corsair CX430M (?) | HooToo USB 3.0 PCIe Card | NZXT H230 Case

 

Camera: Sony A7II (w/ Meike Grip) | Sony SEL2870 | Sony SEL55F18F | Sony SEL24240 | PNY Elite Perfomance SDXC cards

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 2/13/2019 at 10:13 PM, AbydosOne said:

How old is the card? There was a time when the SDHC standard (>= 4GB sized cards) hadn't been formalized, but the tech to build them existed, so manufacturers made 2 and 4 GB cards using the straight SD standard. Some devices were hard coded to only accept up to 1GB SD cards, and so would fail to read cards larger than that. (Though, on the other hand, that time was almost 10 years ago...)

Does the camera just say "No Card" or does it give an error?

Um the camera just doesn't show the SD card photos or doesn't show like the number of pics that can be taken left (the memory counter)

Should I try formatting the SD card from the laptop instead?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BCYTECH said:

Um the camera just doesn't show the SD card photos or doesn't show like the number of pics that can be taken left (the memory counter)

Should I try formatting the SD card from the laptop instead?

What is the make/model of camera?

 

Look through the camera menus and see if there is a "format" option available. Failing that, try formatting in a computer.


Main System (Byarlant): Ryzen 5 1600X | Asus B350-F Strix | Corsair H80i V2 | 16GB G.Skill DDR4 3200MHz CAS-14 | Reference Nvidia GTX 770 2GB | Samsung 960 PRO 512GB/Samsung 970 EVO 500GB/HGST 7200RPM 1TB | Corsair CX650M | Mellanox ConnectX-2 10G NIC | Anidees AI-07BW Case

 

FreeNAS Server (Veda): Core i3-4170 | Supermicro X10SLL-F | Corsair H60 | 32GB Micron DDR3L ECC 1600MHz | 4x 3TB WD Reds/4x 10TB WD Whites/1x Samsung PM961 128GB/1x Kingston SSD 16GB | Corsair CX430M | Mellanox ConnectX-2 10G NIC | LSI 9207-8i LBA | Fractal Design Node 804 Case (side panels swapped to show off drives)

 

Media Center (Jesta): Core i7-2600 | Asus H77M-PRO | Stock Cooler | 8GB No-name DDR3 | EVGA GTX 750Ti SC | Sandisk UltraII SSD 64GB/Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Corsair CX450M | Hauppauge ImpactVCB-PCIe | Asus Xonar Sound | LG UH12NS30 BD-ROM | Silverstone Sugo SG-11 Case

 

Laptop (Rozen-Zulu): Sony VAIO VPCF13WFX | Core i7-740QM | 8GB Patriot DDR3 | GT 425M | Kingston 120GB SSD | Blu-ray Drive | (Still my favorite typing keyboard)


Tablet (ReGZ): Asus T102HA | Samsung EVO+ microSD 128GB

 

Testbed/Old Desktop (Kshatriya): Xeon X5470 @ 4.0GHz | ZALMAN CNPS9500 | Gigabyte EP45-UD3L | 8GB Nanya DDR2 400MHz | XFX HD6870 DD | OCZ Vertex 3 Max-IOPS 120GB | Corsair CX430M (?) | HooToo USB 3.0 PCIe Card | NZXT H230 Case

 

Camera: Sony A7II (w/ Meike Grip) | Sony SEL2870 | Sony SEL55F18F | Sony SEL24240 | PNY Elite Perfomance SDXC cards

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×