BETTER Phone WiFi in 30 Seconds!

Or use Blokada and use it in the same way. And if you have Android 9 you can configure it in android settings. And it works for mobile connection as well, not only wi-fi afaik. 

I did not watch the video. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Been using 1.1.1.1 for a while on a PiHole (Raspberry Pi installation). It is faster, although, I found some sites cannot be resolved and still have to enable Google DNS as a backup when 1.1.1.1 fails.

You guys should do a video on PiHole.net. it's super easy to set up. I even have openvpn configured on it so I can VPN to the RaspBerry Pi/PiHole and ads are blocked on mobile and wifi no matter where I'm at. I get the benefits of 1.1.1.1 DNS plus no ads and access to my home network, for $35 one time purchase. :).

Ahh, a new public dns?

Can this give me access to government blocked site?

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

When I installed it on my Moto G5, Android kept bugging me that 1.1.1.1 is draining the battery too fast… even though Battery settings said it used a grand total of 3mAh over a day.

i get around 2-6 ms ping with cloud flare, but i dont think i will ever use this on my phone, i use my pc more for like websites, and forums and reddit and such 

so it helps more in that case 

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

26 minutes ago, geo3 said:

If I use this won't I lose the ability to resolve things on the local network?

Only if you rely on a remote dns server for your local network addressing.

PIA supports custom DNS in latest version, no need to choose between a VPN or custom DNS anymore.

Tested on Android 8.1 and 9.0.3 and on macOS 10.14.2. 

22 minutes ago, kedstar99 said:

Another dumb video with little research. It seems to be common with anything to do with Linux, or Networking that Linus and his research team seem to understand jack shit.

It doesn't explain DNS over TLS, DNS over QUIC or DNScrypt. How maybe having dns requests over TCP and TLS may be slower on certain devices. It doesn't explain anything about how the DNS propagates and oversimplifies it 'like a phonebook'.

A DNS query is a lot more than just a flat response. The response location that is sent back is important too.

Local DNS queries with an ISP can return local cached servers, local CDNs etc.... These would be geographically closer  and potentially faster overall connection despite having a longer DNS query.

In contrast, a global DNS server like 1.1.1.1 may not have these local IPs recorded. As such, it may point you to a ip that is in fact a lot further away. But that is ok because the 'DNS' request is blazing fast....

As usual, your networking knowledge completely ignores this and focuses on just a glorified ping test. 

In addition, so far nobody seems to actually check if your browser is actually performing the correct DNS lookup. On Android PI despite using a VPN or changing the DNS, termux still reports 8.8.8.8 as the DNS server used.

You might be watching the wrong channel...

Why would 1 dot provide this service for free?

Seems like they'd be making money from advertising as it's a free service.

3 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

Ahh, a new public dns?

no

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

I usually don't care about DNS settings but 20ms less HOT DAM

If I set these DNS in my router I need to set them also in every device connected to the network? Thanks!

8 hours ago, fpo said:

Why would 1 dot provide this service for free?

Seems like they'd be making money from advertising as it's a free service.

Research, as well as trying to offer a better, more secure DNS service, they publish interesting facts about what random traffic they get.

https://blog.cloudflare.com/announcing-1111/ 

I have an issue with this video Apple DOES allow you to manually configure your DNS settings on iOS I do not know why they think you cant 

13 minutes ago, Bradyboy26 said:

I have an issue with this video Apple DOES allow you to manually configure your DNS settings on iOS I do not know why they think you cant 

What? They didn't say that. They said you could, but that you have to do it for every wifi network you're connecting to..

I actually tried this on my computer and the internet didn't work, when I tried to load a web-page it would say: "Cannot find DNS server" or something like that.

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.

if we change the DNS on the router, does that help? i.e. do we still need to change DNS on all devices? (Excluding mobile data connections from mobile)

So what will happen to a query which I send from my Computer whose adapter properties are set to google DNS which is connected to the wifi/lan network

On 2/4/2019 at 11:18 PM, kedstar99 said:

Another dumb video with little research. It seems to be common with anything to do with Linux, or Networking that Linus and his research team seem to understand jack shit.

It doesn't explain DNS over TLS, DNS over QUIC or DNScrypt. How maybe having dns requests over TCP and TLS may be slower on certain devices. It doesn't explain anything about how the DNS propagates and oversimplifies it 'like a phonebook'.

A DNS query is a lot more than just a flat response. The response location that is sent back is important too.

Local DNS queries with an ISP can return local cached servers, local CDNs etc.... These would be geographically closer  and potentially faster overall connection despite having a longer DNS query.

In contrast, a global DNS server like 1.1.1.1 may not have these local IPs recorded. As such, it may point you to a ip that is in fact a lot further away. But that is ok because the 'DNS' request is blazing fast....

As usual, your networking knowledge completely ignores this and focuses on just a glorified ping test. 

In addition, so far nobody seems to actually check if your browser is actually performing the correct DNS lookup. On Android PI despite using a VPN or changing the DNS, termux still reports 8.8.8.8 as the DNS server used.

If he did this no one is going to get the video, this would be way too detailed for LTT! DNS lookups are not as intuitive as they look for us compared to your average joe.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

On 2/4/2019 at 1:18 PM, SupaKomputa said:

Ahh, a new public dns?

theirs other places for that lol....