Audio glitches via 3.5mm and wireless usb

Puma911

Title pretty well sums it up. When the issue occurs it lasts about 5 minutes where every 5 seconds it sounds like a robotic glitch.This happens every hour or every couple hours and I have primarily experienced it in Chrome and Spotify

I have an old cheap logitech 5.1 plugged into the 3.5mm on the back of the motherboard (Sabertooth 990fx R2.0).

Same issue occurs with headphones in that jack as well as with my wireless corsair void pros.

Different programs, Different methods of interface. Figure THAT one out lol

Edit- The only common Item in the audio chain is the audio components on the motherboard itself. Should I buy an audio card? eeek.

AMD FX 8350, ASUS Sabertooth 990fx R2.0, Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4x4GB 1866, PNY GTX780, Corsair HX850, Phantom 630, Samsung 120GB SSD, WD Black 2TB HDD

Rest in peace, legend.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, Gigabyte RTX 3070, 32GB RAM, 4TB Samsung SSD, and a crippling depression that causes me to buy games and not play them lol

1 minute ago, Puma911 said:

Title pretty well sums it up. When the issue occurs it lasts about 5 minutes where every 5 seconds it sounds like a robotic glitch.This happens every hour or every couple hours and I have primarily experienced it in Chrome and Spotify

I have an old cheap logitech 5.1 plugged into the 3.5mm on the back of the motherboard (Sabertooth 990fx R2.0).

Same issue occurs with headphones in that jack as well as with my wireless corsair void pros.

Different programs, Different methods of interface. Figure THAT one out lol

What does your CPU use look like. If the CPU get's overloaded, I've seen some weird sound issues on some of my older rigs. Might be worth looking at.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

1 minute ago, KaminKevCrew said:

What does your CPU use look like. If the CPU get's overloaded, I've seen some weird sound issues on some of my older rigs. Might be worth looking at.

I wish it were that simple but It happens with one chrome tab watching youtube and I have an fx 8350 with an h100i on the sucker lol

Edited by Puma911
spelling

AMD FX 8350, ASUS Sabertooth 990fx R2.0, Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4x4GB 1866, PNY GTX780, Corsair HX850, Phantom 630, Samsung 120GB SSD, WD Black 2TB HDD

Rest in peace, legend.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, Gigabyte RTX 3070, 32GB RAM, 4TB Samsung SSD, and a crippling depression that causes me to buy games and not play them lol

Have you tried disabling hardware acceleration? Both Chrome and Spotify has it. 

Other than, that my best guess would be the drivers. 

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

16 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

Have you tried disabling hardware acceleration? Both Chrome and Spotify has it. 

Other than, that my best guess would be the drivers. 

hmm. I'll have to do some reading on hardware acceleration. Didn't know chrome could use the gpu. 

I've actually never done this but If I uninstall the audio driver will it be available to download again right there in device manager?

Rest in peace, legend.

1 minute ago, Puma911 said:

hmm. I'll have to do some reading on hardware acceleration. Didn't know chrome could use the gpu. 

I've actually never done this but If I uninstall the audio driver will it be available to download again right there in device manager?

You can usually grab it from your motherboard's support page.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

5 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

You can usually grab it from your motherboard's support page.

Gotcha thanks. Sometimes I wonder how I ever built this thing lol oh yeah. with LTT videos.<3

Rest in peace, legend.