Will changing my existing fans reduce the noise?

Hi,

I've gotten to the point where I can no longer stand the annoying aircraft engine coming from my Desktop.

I'm currently still using the stock fans that came with my Corsair Hydro Series H100i which I've now discovered are the problem.

So really I'm just wanting to know would it make a difference replacing the fans on my CPU cooler?

Cheers.

Yeah it'll help. Get some good fans, though. Changing from the stock fans to cheap sleeve bearing cooler master or off brand fans will probably give no boost in silence/performance.

The be quiet! Pure Wings 2 120/140mm PWM (pwm is the controllable ones, but thats if you didn't know) are a good deal right now, in the USA. They're around $10-$12 USD and are nice, quiet, and move a good deal of air. 

Make sure you buy fan splitters if your motherboard doesn't have enough headers.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

5 minutes ago, mxk. said:

Yeah it'll help. Get some good fans, though. Changing from the stock fans to cheap sleeve bearing cooler master or off brand fans will probably give no boost in silence/performance.

The be quiet! Pure Wings 2 120/140mm PWM (pwm is the controllable ones, but thats if you didn't know) are a good deal right now, in the USA. They're around $10-$12 USD and are nice, quiet, and move a good deal of air. 

Make sure you buy fan splitters if your motherboard doesn't have enough headers.

I was also looking at Noctua NF-S12A range aswell or maybe some Corsairs RGB fans.

5 minutes ago, Strayan_Bass said:

I was also looking at Noctua NF-S12A range aswell or maybe some Corsairs RGB fans.

I think these are a good deal. Not the ugly brown, good value.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/VNBTwP/noctua-nf-p12-redux-1700-pwm-708-cfm-120mm-fan-nf-p12-redux-1700-pwm

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

The stock fans for the Corsair H100i are silent, however the problem is that people tend to use the (damn) fan curves or auto speeds which stress the motor of these fans and makes them go crazy or even full blast when there's no need for it.

Go into your BIOS setup and set the fans to run at X static speed depending on your overclock and ambient temp, replace the X by some of the speeds below, where O is overclock and A is ambient

If O=<4GHz and A is <30°C then 500 RPM

If O=<4GHz and A is >30°C then 600 RPM

If O=<4.5GHz and A is <30°C then 650 RPM

If O=>4.5GHz and A is >30°C then 750 RPM

hope it works

edit: plug the fans directly to your mobo headers, ditch that Y splitter cable, it's pointless.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

21 hours ago, mxk. said:

21 hours ago, Strayan_Bass said:

NF-S12A's are optimized for airflow and don't have very good static pressure. They wouldn't perform very well on the H100i. PW2's are similar in this regard albeit not as extreme. 

If you're planning to replace the fans, I recommend something with better static pressure. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

13 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Have you tried to control speeds? If yes, and noise still is issue, then getting quieter fans is solution.

Yes, I've tried adjusting fan speed still no improvement :(

32 minutes ago, Strayan_Bass said:

If it's not improving at all, you're probably not controlling fan speeds correctly. What headers are the fans plugged into? If the motherboard, what motherboard do you have?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 hour ago, Strayan_Bass said:

You mean nothing between full speed and 50% or not enough for you? If it's former, then those fans aren't issue and changing them wouldn't help. Other loud parts are GPU and any HDD.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv