TV audio Optical Output to analogue speakers

Ahoy Hoy

So got a modern LG tv with optical audio out. Can do up to 5.1 over the optical audio output.

Currently got a 2.1 set up of high-end speakers which all use XLR.

I need a way to go from optical output on the TV to either jacks or XLR.

Bonus points if it also gives me some sort of audio control as when the TV is using optical audio the TV doesn't have volume control as its expecting some sort of sound bar which would have its own volume control.

extra bonus points if it can also accept a second audio signal from my computer. If not ill just throw a mixer before the speakers.

35 minutes ago, Ahoy Hoy said:

So got a modern LG tv with optical audio out. Can do up to 5.1 over the optical audio output.

Bonus points if it also gives me some sort of audio control as when the TV is using optical audio the TV doesn't have volume control as its expecting some sort of sound bar which would have its own volume control.

extra bonus points if it can also accept a second audio signal from my computer. If not ill just throw a mixer before the speakers.

Would something like this do the trick?

https://focusrite.com/usb-c-audio-interface/clarett-usb/clarett-2pre-usb

Edit just realized that thing is like $600 sorry 

I have one of these and its a great little unit your not going to get 5.1 out of it but it gives you Optical in, USB in and RCA out + headphone amp / dac.

https://www.amazon.com/FX-Audio-Optical-Coaxial-Amplifier/dp/B072JJT7SF

On 2/3/2019 at 8:00 PM, Ahoy Hoy said:

you need a dac. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Audioengine-D1-Premium-Interface-Connector/dp/B006IPH5H2/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1549732020&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=audioengine+dac&psc=1&smid=ANNASRW22SIOH

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)