Hacking Nvidia's Drivers!

@Avidean Do you have gpu intensive thing on the pc? i think in settings you need. to set the gpu to render that.

main rig:

CPU: 8086k @ 4.00ghz-4.3 boost

PSU: 750 watt psu gold (Corsair rm750)

gpu:axle p106-100 6gbz msi p104-100 @ 1887+150mhz oc gpu clock, 10,012 memory clock*2(sli?) on prime w coffee lake igpu

Mobo: Z390 taichi ultimate

Ram: 2x8gb corsair vengence lpx @3000mhz speed

case: focus G black

Cooler: mugen 5 rev b,

Storage: 860 evo 1tb/ 120 gb corsair force nvme 500

backup

8gb ram celeron laptop/860 evo 500gb

Any idea on how to get video ports on my Asus P104 working? It has 1 HDMI and 1 DP

@dartraiden I finally finished my pc finally. installed the 16.04 ubuntu with the graphics card not in. set bios to integrated default. you said you got a p106 to work on linux, so how did you do it without bricking your pc? heard nvdia can brick linux pc.

main rig:

gpu:axle p106-100 6gbz msi p104-100 @ 1887+150mhz oc gpu clock, 10,012 memory clock*2(sli?) on prime w coffee lake igpu

backup

21 hours ago, Snowarch said:

@dartraiden I finally finished my pc finally. installed the 16.04 ubuntu with the graphics card not in. set bios to integrated default. you said you got a p106 to work on linux, so how did you do it without bricking your pc? heard nvdia can brick linux pc.

What era are you from? I never herd nvidia bricking a linux pc an I am a old linux user myself. Also 16.04 in 2020! Why man? 

hate gnome 3 de, but like unity 7 de so will wait till it becores a flavor. i looked into arch, but between not being a linux pro, and the fact there isnt really a way ro get unity over arch, (unity for arch package is 4 years old), well it wouldnt help to swap. also 18.04+ raises system requirements. as a games i need every resource i can get. 

and i found this out. my friends tried on laptops and had issues so this is why i was scared to throw it in my system. worked like a charm when i did tho. 4k playable and no brick. know any peogram like cpuG that would let me see graphics card usage? i tried cpuG and it crashes on launch.

@Shibly

main rig:

backup

Has anyone tried COD warzone?  I am getting this error and can't get the game running 

AbWDx1MO5i.png

On 3/14/2020 at 4:37 AM, Mirror Reaper said:

Has anyone tried COD warzone?  I am getting this error and can't get the game running 

AbWDx1MO5i.png

Same. Seems like we cannot play the game without update the card. Which we can't. Sad. If anyone found a fix please let us know. 

hi guys. has anyone looked for something similar to lutris in windows? some app which could force the use of specific hardware, namely graphic card?

btw i was even looking for some software that could make a launcher for games, so i could make a launcher like eidus, which would have the same effect.

there were some apps, but i could not get them to work properly. mostly the problem was the games having issues with the launchers.

@Smakjat777 @Mirror Reaper What driver does the game need? ubuntu lets you update the card, could try a vmware windows machine or wine. i have driver version 418 and 430, but 430 causes an issue with linux steam. also you can change drivers easily. 

heres how i installed it on my new system in profile. make sure you have an igpu or it'll fail.

install ubuntu with the p106 outside the system. make sure you can boot into the os. run software updater. turn off your system with shutdown and gui. put the card in. login. select nvdia driver in additional tab. then use the command to add nvdia's ppa. you can swap between drivers in additional tab. can get a 265 gb ssd or hdd and keep one plugged in at time if worried about windows install. im using ubuntu 16.04 as my os and have secure boot off. 

may work may not.

main rig:

backup

3 hours ago, Snowarch said:

@Smakjat777 @Mirror Reaper What driver does the game need? ubuntu lets you update the card, could try a vmware windows machine or wine. i have driver version 418 and 430, but 430 causes an issue with linux steam. also you can change drivers easily. 

heres how i installed it on my new system in profile. make sure you have an igpu or it'll fail.

install ubuntu with the p106 outside the system. make sure you can boot into the os. run software updater. turn off your system with shutdown and gui. put the card in. login. select nvdia driver in additional tab. then use the command to add nvdia's ppa. you can swap between drivers in additional tab. can get a 265 gb ssd or hdd and keep one plugged in at time if worried about windows install. im using ubuntu 16.04 as my os and have secure boot off. 

may work may not.

bro just use nvidia version of pop os, works right out of the box.

@Mirror Reaper I also failed to run COD warzone. I failed to run any DX 12 game anyways. Seems like this card doesnt like DX 12, at least in my case. mine is a 2600k system so there may be other things in play here. can we spoof the nvidia driver version somehow?

@Shibly the room 3 on steam uses Dx11. can run it on 418 driver, but not 385. tried yhrough photon not regular wine. 

main rig:

backup

On 3/15/2020 at 9:34 AM, Smakjat777 said:

If anyone found a fix please let us know. 

You can try to spoof driver version (I don't know if this game will work)

SecureBoot should be disabled before this steps (you can re-enable it at the end)

- download and unpack driver

- modify /Display.Driver/nv_dispi.inf: replace 11/29/2018, 25.21.14.1722 by 03/04/2020, 26.21.14.4259

- bcdedit /set testsigning on

- reboot

- install driver
- do a registry hack

- bcdedit /set testsigning off

- reboot
- set P106 as default GPU via Nvidia Control Panel

- try to run the game

2 minutes ago, dartraiden said:

SecureBoot should be disabled before this steps (you can re-enable it at the end)

- modify /Display.Driver/nv_dispi.inf: replace 11/29/2018, 25.21.14.1722 by 03/04/2020, 26.21.14.4259

- reboot

- install driver
- do a registry hack

- reboot

- try to run the game

did you managed to run any kind of DX 12 game on this card with acceptable framerates? if yes then i will follow through and edit the version. for some weird reson I was never able to run any dx 12 game with over 12 fps.

21 hours ago, dartraiden said:

- reboot

- install driver
- do a registry hack

- reboot

- try to run the game

I got "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" 

This is strange because driver works without problems for me. Code 43 usually happens when Windows quietly updated the driver (> 417.22) and the user after that tries to remove the AdapterType key.

it is best to do it without an Internet connection or prohibit WinUpdate to update drivers through group policies

13 hours ago, dartraiden said:

This is strange because driver works without problems for me. Code 43 usually happens when Windows quietly updated the driver (> 417.22) and the user after that tries to remove the AdapterType key.

it is best to do it without an Internet connection or prohibit WinUpdate to update drivers through group policies

the driver was still 417.22, my guess Nvidia worked with Microsoft to prevent users from spoofing drivers for this gpu. Or simply it's just my case.

My bad, I installed the wrong driver :)

Any version change (even downgrade to 400.66 for example) causes an error.

perhaps this is result of mismatch between the version of inf and version of sys/dll/exe

btw, I successfully launched the game on 417.22 and able to play training mission

1 hour ago, dartraiden said:

My bad, I installed the wrong driver :)

Any version change (even downgrade to 400.66 for example) causes an error.

perhaps this is result of mismatch between the version of inf and version of sys/dll/exe

btw, I successfully launched the game on 417.22 and able to play training mission

do i need to do this??

On 3/20/2020 at 12:44 AM, dartraiden said:

- reboot

- install driver
- do a registry hack

- reboot

- try to run the game

to run the game?? currently i have the 417.22 with registry hack 

do i need to do this

Nope, does not work.

But I successfully started CoD: Warzone just with 417.22 and a reghack, without other modifications. The game warned me that more recent drivers are better, but it started without errors.

7 minutes ago, dartraiden said:

Nope, does not work.

But I successfully started CoD: Warzone just with 417.22 and a reghack, without other modifications. The game warned me that more recent drivers are better, but it started without errors.

for me it crash on the intro saying an directx error (error code: dev error 5759)

1 hour ago, Orion98 said:

for me it crash on the intro saying an directx error (error code: dev error 5759)

got it run, yay!

what i did:

let windows update install graphic drivers.

then roll-back to previous driver with device manager

the re-apply the reg hack

and now it notifys about the out-date driver but it runs and it's very playable