Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GabenJr

Hacking Nvidia's Drivers!

Recommended Posts

On 11/12/2019 at 1:32 AM, Edgar R. Zakarian said:

Im doing this on a ryzen based system on Windows 1903 :o Still working for me. Should i be worried about the future?
I hope I won't get trouble out of the card, finally got it running. 
Else it was a stupid decission and I should've just gone with an RX 580

I'm also running a Ryzen system (3200g) but I keep on bumping into code 43 whenever I install any version of the driver,Is there a way u could help me with it

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2020 at 6:31 AM, Pavlogal said:

As long as the motherboard has video output yes

THIS IS INCORRECT.

On 1/12/2020 at 11:51 PM, AZRLRYLGH said:

Hi everyone! I just wanted to know if this P106 gpu works with an Lga 1156 build. Can you help me guys please?

If you are using an Intel build, you will need a fourth generation Core processor-- so Haswell, or better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, poorboy said:

THIS IS INCORRECT.

If you are using an Intel build, you will need a fourth generation Core processor-- so Haswell, or better.

Erm, NO. I am running this in 2nd gen intel although its not perfect. My post is here for reference: 

 

It is explained with steps there for anyone with old hardware like mine and a p106.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2020 at 9:51 PM, AZRLRYLGH said:

Hi everyone! I just wanted to know if this P106 gpu works with an Lga 1156 build. Can you help me guys please?

Yes, follow this: 

although it is not perfect but if you have both card and system in hand then you can make it work. But if the card is yet to be bought then I would suggest upgrading. My tweak works but not for dx12 and vulcan in modded driver mode. I currently have not enough time to check the reg hack path as that one works better but crashes after windows update. Wanted to solve this but as i told, not enough time.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys I've tried to modify alot of drivers,and all of them show code 43 in device manager. I've tried DDU,I'm using a p106-90.Can anyone send me a current version of their own driver configured

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2020 at 2:50 PM, LeDetructor said:

Guys I've tried to modify alot of drivers,and all of them show code 43 in device manager. I've tried DDU,I'm using a p106-90.Can anyone send me a current version of their own driver configured

Dude you don't need to modify any drivers anymore. That's old news xD get the latest working driver. I think 417.22.

Anything above Nvidia disabled support for p106. 

So get that driver. I install without modifications. Then there are 2 registry files you need to delete. I can find them for you once I get home from work. Once you delete those you can use Nvidia control panel as well 


Intel i5-7600K  | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo  |  MSI H110 PC MATE  |  2x8GB Crucial Ballistix LT Sport 2400MHz  | MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X 11GB Radeon HD 7770 1GBDark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | Toshiba 250GB 2.5" Drive -Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive |  

 

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | VEGA 11 | ASUS P106-100 6GB V1 | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Samsung 120GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 450W PSU |

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Edgar R. Zakarian said:

Dude you don't need to modify any drivers anymore. That's old news xD get the latest working driver. I think 417.22.

Anything above Nvidia disabled support for p106. 

So get that driver. I install without modifications. Then there are 2 registry files you need to delete. I can find them for you once I get home from work. Once you delete those you can use Nvidia control panel as well.

I've tried that way and it shows code 43 in the device manager(device stopped working)and sometimes code 10(insufficient resources)I've plugged in the 6 pin and running a 3200g.I tried deleting Adapter Type and change enable ms hybrid to 1, Still code 43

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2020 at 12:03 PM, LeDetructor said:

I've tried that way and it shows code 43 in the device manager(device stopped working)and sometimes code 10(insufficient resources)I've plugged in the 6 pin and running a 3200g.I tried deleting Adapter Type and change enable ms hybrid to 1, Still code 43

Sounds like your issue is more physical? Maybe loose connection? 

Which windows version are you running ? 


Intel i5-7600K  | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo  |  MSI H110 PC MATE  |  2x8GB Crucial Ballistix LT Sport 2400MHz  | MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X 11GB Radeon HD 7770 1GBDark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | Toshiba 250GB 2.5" Drive -Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive |  

 

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | VEGA 11 | ASUS P106-100 6GB V1 | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Samsung 120GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 450W PSU |

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Edgar R. Zakarian said:

Sounds like your issue is more physical? Maybe loose connection? 

Which windows version are you running ? 

I've tried 1909 and 1903

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, LeDetructor said:

I've tried 1909 and 1903

Could that card just be defect or dead ? It is a p106 mining card and I assume you bought it used like I did. 


Intel i5-7600K  | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo  |  MSI H110 PC MATE  |  2x8GB Crucial Ballistix LT Sport 2400MHz  | MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X 11GB Radeon HD 7770 1GBDark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | Toshiba 250GB 2.5" Drive -Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive |  

 

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | VEGA 11 | ASUS P106-100 6GB V1 | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Samsung 120GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 450W PSU |

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Edgar R. Zakarian said:

Could that card just be defect or dead ? It is a p106 mining card and I assume you bought it used like I did. 

Try it in another system if possible?


Intel i5-7600K  | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo  |  MSI H110 PC MATE  |  2x8GB Crucial Ballistix LT Sport 2400MHz  | MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X 11GB Radeon HD 7770 1GBDark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | Toshiba 250GB 2.5" Drive -Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive |  

 

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | VEGA 11 | ASUS P106-100 6GB V1 | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Samsung 120GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 450W PSU |

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Edgar R. Zakarian said:

Try it in another system if possible?

Should I use its warranty for an exchange,the GPU fan is running and the gpu is  producing heat so is i possible that it is dead

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Edgar R. Zakarian said:

Try it in another system if possible?

Are you using a p106 in ur device now?If so what is the windows version Im getting code 43 after deleting adaptertype and changing enablemshybrid's value to 1.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've tried to install 417.22 but i get error every time nvidia installer failed.... plz tell me how to solve it.....

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Anmol800 said:

I've tried to install 417.22 but i get error every time nvidia installer failed.... plz tell me how to solve it.....

 

Not compatible or code 43

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, LeDetructor said:

Are you using a p106 in ur device now?If so what is the windows version Im getting code 43 after deleting adaptertype and changing enablemshybrid's value to 1.

1909 I think . 
yeah my living room 2300g is using a P106 for gaming and everything else.
I just set nvidia control panel to prioritize high performance processor

 

EDIT:

here 

image.thumb.png.7f6fff44ebe6fb1edbac713eff126031.png

image.thumb.png.8a1e51e66c377eda20d1487287cc3967.png


Intel i5-7600K  | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo  |  MSI H110 PC MATE  |  2x8GB Crucial Ballistix LT Sport 2400MHz  | MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X 11GB Radeon HD 7770 1GBDark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | Toshiba 250GB 2.5" Drive -Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive |  

 

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | VEGA 11 | ASUS P106-100 6GB V1 | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Samsung 120GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 450W PSU |

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Edgar R. Zakarian said:

1909 I think . 
yeah my living room 2300g is using a P106 for gaming and everything else.
I just set nvidia control panel to prioritize high performance processor

 

EDIT:

here 

image.thumb.png.7f6fff44ebe6fb1edbac713eff126031.png

image.thumb.png.8a1e51e66c377eda20d1487287cc3967.png

I Think its a defective component in the GPU,either dead 6pin connector or something else,Im currently exchanging with the seller,maybe that might be the problem

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dartraiden said:
  • clean all NVIDIA drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller
  • bcdedit /set testsigning on
  • reboot
  • try to install these driver

Does this work for me?And do i need to do the registry changes

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dartraiden said:
  • clean all NVIDIA drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller
  • bcdedit /set testsigning on
  • reboot
  • try to install these driver

Im experiencing a code 10 before registry hacks and code 43 after registry hacks(windows 1909)r3 3200g, a320m

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, dartraiden said:

So this is not a driver problem, but smth hardware-related...

Could it be a pcie lane bottleneck,I have a Ryzen 3 3200g and it only supports 8 pcie lanes.i have a m.2 SSD (SATA) too

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×