Youtubers gets false copyright striked & extorted for money to get the copyright strikes removed, and Why the CC system is flawed.

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

Update 

LOL 

backup

video got copyright striked 

Spoiler

In a terrible abuse of YouTube's copyright system, a YouTuber is reporting that scammers are using the platform's "three strike" system for extortion. After filing two false claims against ObbyRaidz, the scammers contacted him demanding cash to avoid a third - and the termination of his channel.

As reported on many occasions, this system is open to all kinds of abuse but a situation highlighted by a YouTuber called ‘ObbyRaidz’ takes things to a horrible new level.

The YouTuber, who concentrates on Minecraft-related videos, reports that he’s received two bogus strikes on his account. While this is nothing new, it appears the strikes were deliberately malicious with longer-term plan to extort money from him

“I have been striked twice and basically extorted,” ObbyRaidz revealed this morning. “If I don’t pay this dude he’s going to strike a third one of my videos down.”

DyF_rQfU8AAhUUQ.jpg

He also replied showing a screenshot of them saying “why would you post this on twitter” and that they’re going to strike him a third time and that they’re trying to get his twitter banned, this is basically like ellinity trying to copystrike pew's video just because she was angry. 

DyGOFY8UUAAxWxQ.jpg

DtN3JAA.png

Youtuber 1 ObbyRaidz

Youtuber 2 Kenzo with the same problem and same person who's extorting money

n7pSrWh.jpg

youtube did eventually step in, but it never really does unless your post gets viral, else you're screwed.

you would think that's the end of it , 

Bonus

Spoiler

and here's someone WHO HAS the license to use the music and there's no way of adding that license to his channel somewhere where he can get whitelisted and so he has to dispute every video as it still gets a copyright strike claim by a 3rd party even though he has the license, he has to mail the original creator everytime to get the video whitelisted, as even the original creator has no way to whitelist an channel as a whole, 

so he ends up getting abused by a 3rd party who very well knows they're gonna make money before before removing the strike or bluffing as no one would go to a court to settle this every time. 
so he was forced to change his outro song despite having all the necessary proof of license. 

Sources : https://torrentfreak.com/youtube-strikes-now-being-used-as-scammers-extortion-tool/

SImilar Posts in the Past 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

There was a post here a week or two ago about a guy who wrote music, didn't copyright any of it and let others use it with due credit, and his whole channel got destroyed from some dicks who decided to copyright all of his stuff. It honestly baffles me why people do this... like... do the world a favor and voluntarily live in a cardboard box.

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

46 minutes ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

In a terrible abuse of YouTube's copyright system, a YouTuber is reporting that scammers are using the platform's "three strike" system for extortion.

IIRC its solved and the Account on Youtube banned.

What Paypal did is not known (yet)...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Welcome to the YouTube, where rules change all the time and everyone has a different set of rules. If the target was some higher sub count account, this wouldn't have been a thing because YT "cares", just like higher sub count accounts get special treatment when it comes to the 5 second de-monetization bot (have <1m subs and have a bit odd dialect -> de-monetized under 5 seconds, have 10m subs and make a video where you crack a joke about suiciders body -> de-monetized hours after public outcry). I would bet my life on if pewdiepie was to upload the whole Avengers: Endgame today, YT wouldn't do a shit before Walt Disney or Marvel has sued pewdiepie.

Old news, I've already heard this from Gloria Borger a true source of information. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

2 hours ago, Doobeedoo said:

Old news, I've already heard this from Gloria Borger a true source of information. 

Well then !hy didnt you posted it here?9_9

too bad youtube doesn't care about his creators, unless they're corporate or stars

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

2 minutes ago, thedude4bides said:

They only wanted won fiddy?  Amateurs....

Well since they're looking BTC they'll probably use the money to buy either pre-paid CCs, PayPal cash, or cash that was due to be shredded.

That $75 in BTC could get them some nice stuff on the Deep/Dark Web.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Why would anyone target a small channel like this? Not exactly breaking the internet here. Something is fishy a lot of attention!

"having a punishment of some sort for people wrongly copyright striking a channel? Pffft, that's silly"

-Susan, probably

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

26 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Why would anyone target a small channel like this? Not exactly breaking the internet here. Something is fishy a lot of attention!

Because they're an easier target.

With big channels it's much quicker and easier for them to get copyright claims resolved since YouTube doesn't want to lose one of their cash cows to a copyright strike.

Man I remember 2016 YouTube, you know when you didn't risk getting anally obliterated from YT's AIDS-infested copyright bullshit whenever you uploaded a video.

Those were good times.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

4 minutes ago, flibberdipper said:

Man I remember 2016 YouTube, you know when you didn't risk getting anally obliterated from YT's AIDS-infested copyright bullshit whenever you uploaded a video.

Those were good times.

man i remember 2006-2011 youtube, where google wasn't pulling off stuff like this and all youtube was was a funny video site that wasn't taken seriously

Damn....

8 minutes ago, 1kv said:

Because they're an easier target.

With big channels it's much quicker and easier for them to get copyright claims resolved since YouTube doesn't want to lose one of their cash cows to a copyright strike.

Doesn't look like extortion tbh but I guess that's the idea

17 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

"having a punishment of some sort for people wrongly copyright striking a channel? Pffft, that's silly"

-Susan, probably

YouTube have to conform to the DMCA, so what the claimant says goes.

YouTube themselves have no control over it, although I do feel that the way they handle these situations, even with their limited powers is just not acceptable.

Also YouTube do ban channels that file false copyright strikes, it's just that it takes a while and nobody knows if they'll even do it.

1 minute ago, RorzNZ said:

Doesn't look like extortion tbh but I guess that's the idea

"Pay up or we will destroy your yt channel...."

Yeah, totally not extortion... (/s)

4 minutes ago, 1kv said:

YouTube have to conform to the DMCA, so what the claimant says goes.

That being said, YouTube does work outside the DMCA quite a bit, e.g. the latest string of YouTube hitting channels with 3 false strikes simultaneously. It hasn't come to light in any resolutions about false claims cases that the claimant was punished so if YouTube made this info a lot clearer and easier to access it would help the people concerned about false strikes. I feel like it would have been useful ammo for the channel owner to scare off the scammers with. 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

"Pay up or we will destroy your yt channel...."

Yeah, totally not extortion... (/s)

From the screenshots looks like they were going to do that anyway. Seems racially charged.

41 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Because YT cares more for bigger channels. You try the same with some multi million subbed channel and you will be banned in the first place because YT doesn't let their "bots" handle that important cases. Hell, YT might even secretly give a medal to the one behind this, because there's a good way to deal with "the money sucking leeches" (aka. small channels) which have caused YT to be in such a bad state moneywise (it's a miracle that YT even still has adsense open for almost everyone, I really thought they were planning to make it invite only club).

3 minutes ago, Thaldor said:

Because YT cares more for bigger channels. You try the same with some multi million subbed channel and you will be banned in the first place because YT doesn't let their "bots" handle that important cases. Hell, YT might even secretly give a medal to the one behind this, because there's a good way to deal with "the money sucking leeches" (aka. small channels) which have caused YT to be in such a bad state moneywise (it's a miracle that YT even still has adsense open for almost everyone, I really thought they were planning to make it invite only club).

Has nothing to do with the size of the channel. This is seen on both ends of the spectrum. 

YT will only get involved based on how loud you yell. 

20 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Doesn't look like extortion tbh

10 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Seems racially charged

What indicates this exactly? I'm not getting any racial vibes whatsoever, and the threat of closing a channel for money isn't really unrealistic for extortion.

Primary PC:

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

What indicates this exactly? I'm not getting any racial vibes whatsoever, and the threat of closing a channel for money isn't really unrealistic for extortion.

If you read what VegetableStu linked: https://web.archive.org/web/20190131015506/http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqptsk

Seems a lot of effort just for $150. 

I would think the best way to copyright claim a video would be to just contact the site directly, rather than filing a slapstick form. You should be required to have prof of ownership/copyright. I get this is supposed to be a one size fits all kinda system, but that just doesn't work here. It only hurts. Shit like this has happened so many times, I'm honestly surprised Google hasn't changed how this whole system works. It's very obvious that a good majority of claims are false, whether to be extorted for money, or just because someone hates a creator. Google really needs to step its damn game up here, this is madness.