Anybody have any experience with the Cyberpower PC ASRock B360m "Xtreme" Motherboard?

MWVO94

Like the title says does anybody have any experience with the Cyberpower PC ASRock B360m "Xtreme" Motherboard? I haven't been able to find much of anything online about it interested in how it compares to other B360m mobos for example the ASRock B360m Pro4 etc. It came in the Cyberpower PC GXIVR3800WST Prebuild. I have a couple of pictures also if that helps.

PC 3.jpg

PC 4.jpg

PC 5.jpg

• 1 month later...

I purchased what I'm sure it's basically the same system as you I have been very very pleased thus far because I have already added an nvme Ram reorganized all of the storage added multiple cooling fans Etc and everything I do to it it just takes in stride.  I realize cyberpower has branded the board for its pre-build but it seems to have all the features of a standalone component was full service expandability

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

just to put it out there for others because i know this is an old thread but this board is the ASRock B360m Pro4 all they did is skip the dvi vga p2 ports and the io cover and put a different paint scheme on it but they are the same in every way other you can even flash the pro 4 bios onto it

Updating the CyberpowerPC/ASrock B360M Xtreme board BIOS to 4.20

FWIW, you can upgrade your CyberpowerPC/ASrock B360M Xtreme board BIOS to the latest AsRock version of 4.20, simply download:
https://download.asrock.com/BIOS/1151/B360M%20Pro4(4.20)WIN.zip

Then unzip, once unzipped, edit and save the file: ASROM.ini to represent the following: 

[ROM]
File=B360MP44.20
[AFUX86]
Path=AfuWin\AfuWin32
Program=AFUWIN.exe
Param=/CAPSULE /B /P /N /L /X
[AFUX64]
Path=AfuWin\AfuWin64
Program=AFUWINx64.exe

Once the aforementioned file has been edited/saved, start the the update process by running "ASROM.exe", select Y to complete the UEFI reboot update and wait; the system will update and reboot accordingly.

As for potential catches, first, the boot-up logo "CYBERPOWERPC" will be replaced with "ASrock", lastly, it's likely that CyberpowerPC will void your board(s) warranty, although you can convert back to the original OE BIOS if needed (I'll write a follow-up on the reversal) and finally the name of the board will change to "ASrock B360M Pro4". 

Lastly, this has only been tested on the CyberpowerPC/ASrock B360M Xtreme board (not the B360) found in the GXiVR3800WST model, although the ASrock B360M Xtreme board was used in other models; I'd suggest confirming with HWiNFO.

Why update the BIOS to 4.20, first, it was recommended by ASrock for anyone upgrading to a 9th gen. CPU, secondly, CyberpowerPC has basically stated that their OE version of the BIOS will end of life at version 4.10. It's your call, while it's an older motherboard, it's remains viable and ASrock is still providing BIOS updates, as well the ASrock applications become  viable, such as AsRock A-Tuning and AsRock APP Shop, found here: https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/B360M%20Pro4/index.asp#Download

A-Tuning is moderately useful for OC/Fan tuning and the APP Shop was useful for updating drivers without manual download/installation methods being a necessity. 

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!  I've updated/reversed/re-updated two (2) of my own CyberpowerPC/ASrock B360M Xtreme boards without incident, it would have been three, however the last one came with an ASUS board. Please understand this method is simply bypassing the ROMID verification and if you attempt to flash an incorrect board, it could lead to a brick.

• 2 months later...

Bought one over a year ago and recently swapped over to a Crucial MX500 1TB M.2 drive.  Not sure what the issue was exactly, but it was a pain to get the drive to recognize.  Went with a fresh install of Windows 10. 

Only issue I am having is the audio "Mic" 3.5mm inputs do not work.  Using a Fnatic REACT headset that works on other PC's, but not with this one.  It shows as an active recording device, but will not record, no green bars.  

I tried the audio drivers mentioned here and even did the BIOS update posted by Xerxes.  Several troubleshooting attempts, but not getting anywhere.  If anyone else is having the same issue with their mic inputs, please share.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I have this board and am upgrading from an i5 9400 to an i9 9900. Do I need to update my BIOS to do so?

• 9 months later...
On 5/3/2020 at 5:03 PM, XxXerxesXxX said:

FWIW, you can upgrade your CyberpowerPC/ASrock B360M Xtreme board BIOS to the latest AsRock version of 4.20, simply download:

Then unzip, once unzipped, edit and save the file: ASROM.ini to represent the following: 

[ROM]
File=B360MP44.20
[AFUX86]
Path=AfuWin\AfuWin32
Program=AFUWIN.exe
[AFUX64]
Path=AfuWin\AfuWin64
Program=AFUWINx64.exe

Once the aforementioned file has been edited/saved, start the the update process by running "ASROM.exe", select Y to complete the UEFI reboot update and wait; the system will update and reboot accordingly.

As for potential catches, first, the boot-up logo "CYBERPOWERPC" will be replaced with "ASrock", lastly, it's likely that CyberpowerPC will void your board(s) warranty, although you can convert back to the original OE BIOS if needed (I'll write a follow-up on the reversal) and finally the name of the board will change to "ASrock B360M Pro4". 

Lastly, this has only been tested on the CyberpowerPC/ASrock B360M Xtreme board (not the B360) found in the GXiVR3800WST model, although the ASrock B360M Xtreme board was used in other models; I'd suggest confirming with HWiNFO.

Why update the BIOS to 4.20, first, it was recommended by ASrock for anyone upgrading to a 9th gen. CPU, secondly, CyberpowerPC has basically stated that their OE version of the BIOS will end of life at version 4.10. It's your call, while it's an older motherboard, it's remains viable and ASrock is still providing BIOS updates, as well the ASrock applications become  viable, such as AsRock A-Tuning and AsRock APP Shop, found here: https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/B360M%20Pro4/index.asp#Download

A-Tuning is moderately useful for OC/Fan tuning and the APP Shop was useful for updating drivers without manual download/installation methods being a necessity. 

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!  I've updated/reversed/re-updated two (2) of my own CyberpowerPC/ASrock B360M Xtreme boards without incident, it would have been three, however the last one came with an ASUS board. Please understand this method is simply bypassing the ROMID verification and if you attempt to flash an incorrect board, it could lead to a brick.

Is this procedure legit? I too have the Asrock B360m Xtreme motherboard with v P3.00 BIOS. After retiring this rig in a few years I'm planning on using it as a Linux tinker box with an i9 9900 (currently has i7 8700). The update of the Microcode probably wouldn't hurt either.

• 3 months later...
On 5/3/2020 at 3:03 PM, XxXerxesXxX said:

[ROM]
File=B360MP44.20
[AFUX86]
Path=AfuWin\AfuWin32
Program=AFUWIN.exe
[AFUX64]
Path=AfuWin\AfuWin64
Program=AFUWINx64.exe

I literally registered to say THANK YOU! I am a small business computer repair shop. A customer brought me this PC with this exact board. I wanted to ensure the BIOS was the latest but could not find drivers/bios for this board for the life of me. Came across this post, Following your procedure worked like a charm. "ASROCK" logo replaced the "CYBERPOWERPC" logo and bios loaded just fine showing the 4.20 version.    It should be noted when you edit the ASROM.ini file, you are simply adding an additional switch "/X" under "Program=" and "Param=" and saving it.  Again CONFIRMED WORKING! 

• 1 month later...

Thank you - thank you - thank you!!! You made a frightening experience a simple one. It worked flawlessly. You have no idea how hard it is to find ANY info regarding updating a motherboard that the manufacturer says doesn't exist (ASRock doesn't list it but it is theirs).

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/3/2020 at 6:03 PM, XxXerxesXxX said:

[ROM]
File=B360MP44.20
[AFUX86]
Path=AfuWin\AfuWin32
Program=AFUWIN.exe
[AFUX64]
Path=AfuWin\AfuWin64
Program=AFUWINx64.exe

made an acc on here just to say ty, this worked like a charm. i had always wondered how to upgrade my board and this worked. also heads up to people trying this, it takes a while to install and whatnot, like my screen went black for 5min after reboot, so don't try to turn it off or anything, it's working in the bg. (coming from an impatient guy who thought about it)

• 1 month later...
On 5/3/2020 at 6:03 PM, XxXerxesXxX said:

[ROM]
File=B360MP44.20
[AFUX86]
Path=AfuWin\AfuWin32
Program=AFUWIN.exe
[AFUX64]
Path=AfuWin\AfuWin64
Program=AFUWINx64.exe

can you show how to reverse this, ever since I've done this update I've had problems and cant reverse it.

can you show how to reverse this, ever since I've done this update I've had problems and cant reverse it.

• 3 months later...

does this board have  a light anywhere on  it?  a recent power  surge this weekend may have shorted mine out.  ive confirmed psu is putting out power still and im trying to figure out  if the button on the case is out or if the board is fried as there is no obvious, physical evidence.  any help would be great.  nothing happens when power button is  pressed, no fans, no noise, no  lights, no nothing.