need a headset with high quality mic

themaniac

no they havent.

Oh please. You can't dispute some ones recommendation based on your assumption they haven't used the product before.

Majority of people in this forum will put a caveat on their recommendation if they are recommending something because they have read good reviews as opposed to actual experience with said product.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

why do people keep saying to get pioneer? in the amazon picture it looks super flimsy http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61SI860WsIL._SL1500_.jpg look at the left side where the headband connects into it

@ShearMe He could tell you pretty quickly why we recommend it a lot. or you could just go read this: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/70517-comparison-pioneer-se-a1000-vs-audio-technica-ath-ad500x/ It's an amazing value, as it's often like 60 USD on Amazon.

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

no they havent.

people recommend the pioneers because they are the cheapest open backed headphone available shearme owns and uses them I myself use an ath ad700 for FPS games the open backed headphones are better. don't trust my words? listen to the words of a "gamer"

why u guys so mad

Oh please. You can't dispute some ones recommendation based on your assumption they haven't used the product before.

Majority of people in this forum will put a caveat on their recommendation if they are recommending something because they have read good reviews as opposed to actual experience with said product.

nah i see people say to get the pioneer a lot on here, most of them havent even used them

why u guys so mad

nah i see people say to get the pioneer a lot on here, most of them havent even used them

why are we mad? Let's see, maybe its because you called us stupid kids for recommending products that are better suited to the task at hand.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

why are we mad? Let's see, maybe its because you called us stupid kids for recommending products that are better suited to the task at hand.

i asked why people say to get them because its flimsy. and you do seem mad because the guy hasnt used them before but is just saying to get it because thats what everyone says on here.

i asked why people say to get them because its flimsy. and you do seem mad because the guy hasnt used them before but is just saying to get it because thats what everyone says on here.

I'm saying it because I've been told, and I have read that it's good. and how can you say it's flimsy, when you haven't tried them?

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

so to state over again.. somewhat nicely again

the pioneers are the cheapest of the open backed headphones.

open backed headphones are the best for gaming due to their great staging and positional audio

the pioneers are a phenomenal deal

I've had my ad700's for over a year and a half and my corsair gaming headphones for 3 months longer than my ad700's I've broken my gaming headphones 5 times and have had to rma them over and over meanwhile the ad700 still looks as good as when I got them.

go ahead. make me repeat myself again I got the day off we can play this game

I'm saying it because I've been told, and I have read that it's good. and how can you say it's flimsy, when you haven't tried them?

look at the pic

What is your reason for posting in this thread? So far you just seem to be questioning everyone else's recommendations without qualification and you haven't actual proposed an alternative product.

What is your reason for posting in this thread? So far you just seem to be questioning everyone else's recommendations without qualification and you haven't actual proposed an alternative product.

Keep getting spammed by quotes like yourself

I was going to recommend a bunch but then I saw max of $150...

I was going to recommend a bunch but then I saw max of $150...

I can bump the max to $200 if its necessary

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

I can bump the max to $200 if its necessary

Well looks like its back down. If your in the US grab the Plantronics GameCom Commander as it has the best mic youll get for that http://goo.gl/MoLFGY . The limited edition launched at $300 and this normal one is normally like $200 but ever since cheristmas shopping season every now and they they go down to ~$100.

Other headsets with really good mic's would be sennheiser, beyerdynamic, and now AKG.

Well looks like its back down. If your in the US grab the Plantronics GameCom Commander as it has the best mic youll get for that http://goo.gl/MoLFGY . The limited edition launched at $300 and this normal one is normally like $200 but ever since cheristmas shopping season every now and they they go down to ~$100.

Other headsets with really good mic's would be sennheiser, beyerdynamic, and now AKG.

thanks

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

thanks

If you do get those be aware that they may be a bit tight when you first get them but theyll break in. I also kinda hook the back of my ear in first but that may just be me. The high passive noise canceling is quite nice BTW.

Otherwise the offerings form the other companies are nice as well. I have a pair of custom Beyerdynamic MMX300's coming monday as they had a deal where after customization they were cheaper than amazon's price on the retail pair. ill be able to give a comparison then. i expect the sound to be better but i wont bet surprised if the mic and passive noise cancellation are worse.

If you do get those be aware that they may be a bit tight when you first get them but theyll break in. I also kinda hook the back of my ear in first but that may just be me. The high passive noise canceling is quite nice BTW.

Otherwise the offerings form the other companies are nice as well. I have a pair of custom Beyerdynamic MMX300's coming monday as they had a deal where after customization they were cheaper than amazon's price on the retail pair. ill be able to give a comparison then. i expect the sound to be better but i wont bet surprised if the mic and passive noise cancellation are worse.

thanks what website did you customize the headsets on and once you get them can you tell me if the mic quality is better or worse

Spoiler

thanks what website did you customize the headsets on and once you get them can you tell me if the mic quality is better or worse

Here is the NA site for the Beyerdynamic MMX300 custom http://goo.gl/7YPB3p I would say its significantly out of your budget though so I would go with the Plantronics GameCom Commander I linked earlier on Amazon if you can as thats a steal since its the same headset that I got over a year ago for $250 when the LE version was on sale. But yes ill see what I can do about that mic comparison once the Beyerdynamic shows up.

Here is the NA site for the Beyerdynamic MMX300 custom http://goo.gl/7YPB3p I would say its significantly out of your budget though so I would go with the Plantronics GameCom Commander I linked earlier on Amazon if you can as thats a steal since its the same headset that I got over a year ago for $250 when the LE version was on sale. But yes ill see what I can do about that mic comparison once the Beyerdynamic shows up.

thanks

Spoiler

If you can find a good deal on a pair of V-MODA Crossfade LPs, I would suggest getting those and buying the BoomPro mic accessory. I have the mic and I think the sound quality is very good for a boom mic.

If you can find a good deal on a pair of V-MODA Crossfade LPs, I would suggest getting those and buying the BoomPro mic accessory. I have the mic and I think the sound quality is very good for a boom mic.

I will probably get a attachable mic or blue yeti if I have too

Spoiler

I have a set of turtle beaches somewhere and the mic is amazing

Why would you buy a headset made from turtles?

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review

Why would you buy a headset made from turtles?

Its a headset made by a beach with turtles on it, not the turtles on the beach. Get it right. 

20060718_napoleon_dynamite_2.jpg