This Chinese Motherboard Shows Intel LIED...

When 8th gen Intel Core launched, the need for a new chipset was in doubt from the outset. ONDA certainly doubted it... But did they stop to ask if they should?

Buy an ONDA H310C-CD3: https://lmg.gg/8KV6y

Buy a far less suspect H310 motherboard:
On Amazon: http://geni.us/FFi3F
On Newegg: https://lmg.gg/8KV6s

Emily @ LINUS MEDIA GROUP                                  

congratulations on breaking absolutely zero stereotypes - @cs_deathmatch

2 minutes ago, Vrctic C0BRV said:

PLEASE SOMEONE CREATIVE MAKE THIS FACE A MEME

2019-01-29.png

Post it here 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Anthony!  You mad man.  

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

Did you guys actually check if the CPU was boosting properly? Sure seems like it very much wasn't.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

We need a full PC build with cheap Chinese-exclusive (Intel E6500K, AMD RX 470D, GTX 1060 5GB) or strange parts (BGA to LGA CPU, forward-compatible H110 board) from China.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

Also, you guys still remember this?

bit-tech: Can you go into more technical detail about why the new CPUs are not backwards-compatible with Z270 motherboards?

Andrew: Actually, it depends on Intel’s decision.

bit-tech: So it’s not a physical limitation? Intel said it was to do with power delivery.

Andrew: Not really. It [the power delivery] makes a little bit of difference, but not much.

bit-tech: So if you wanted and Intel let you, you could make Z270 compatible?

Andrew: Yes, but you also require an upgrade from the ME [Management Engine] and a BIOS update. Intel somehow has locked the compatibility.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

2 hours ago, GabenJr said:

When 8th gen Intel Core launched, the need for a new chipset was in doubt from the outset. ONDA certainly doubted it... But did they stop to ask if they should?

Buy an ONDA H310C-CD3: https://lmg.gg/8KV6y

Buy a far less suspect H310 motherboard:
On Amazon: http://geni.us/FFi3F
On Newegg: https://lmg.gg/8KV6s

oooooooo! i need to see this vid I havent yet ;)

There's an MSI Gigabyte board that does the same thing as this Chinese one. One moment. Probably ships faster too and won't fry anything...

n8t6435c7zb21.png

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

Why won't it support DDR4 modules? It isn't the memory controller because it lies in the CPU, which supports DDR3 or DDR4 modules AFAIK..

3 hours ago, SkyHound0202 said:

We need a full PC build with cheap Chinese-exclusive (Intel E6500K, AMD RX 470D, GTX 1060 5GB) or strange parts (BGA to LGA CPU, forward-compatible H110 board) from China.

It's been done by (IIRC) Craft Computing.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

just wanted to quote a chinese guys youtube comment that claims to have experience with these.

"kenny so 

Dear linus, I'm KENNY, a budget gaming PC builder in HK, and im always working around with chinese MB, yours is not the most unthinkable chinese MB I've been working with, chinese MB on LGA1151 are much more then you can imagine, and actually the one you're playing with was not meant to work with high end CPU like 8700k, it's meant for budget PC with a i3 8100, g4560, G5400 with ECC REG DDR3 (yes, your board dose support) since they are as cheap as rubbish in China, the reason you can't get the full power out of your CPU is because you haven't run through your BIOS yet, all the power control value has to be manually config manually to make your cpu turbo up in the right way, if your are not tuning it right, only one of the 6 cores will turbo up to the right speed. thats how you lost your CPU performance, you can make it right in BIOS or through INTEL XTU. And about Intel lied....Actually they do, i'm sure what they've done is just changed the microcode the make your MB unable to recognize older CPUs , the truth is we've found out all 100,200,300 chipsets can support through all 4 generations of 6,7,8 and 9 with a simple bios MOD, not only chinese MB can do that, just add in the microcode of the generation of the cpu you want, even a h110 can perfectly support a 9900k, and a z390 can run a 6700k, and we've also seen some chinese geeks had a breakthrough to run a Xeon E-2186G on a Z170 motherboard. The home gaming ITX rig i'm using myself, is using a i7 9700K engineering sample with a ASUS Z170i PRO GAMING, and it worked just fine with a GTX 1080Ti and DDR4 3000 and even overclockable... because In HK 100 and 200 MB are dirt cheap, like around US$15~US$20 to get a perfect condition 2nd handed ASUS, GIGABYTE, MSI, ASROCK....etc And also because we HK buyer wont have to pay extra transport fee to get those cheap server retired ECC RAM and cheap CPUs form taobao and aliexpress, I3 8100 and i5 8400 on a h110 and b150 MB become one of my best choice besides X79 and Lga 1156 to build budget gaming PCs with. thats why i'm always messing with all those bios adding in the CPU microcode i needed, So I'm pretty sure with this~ you just search online and you can easily find packed microcode module to add into EFI bios, its just as simple as adding a NVMe support to 2~4 gen MB, And BTW, almost every DDR3 MB can do ECC REG support too, also a little mod of the BIOS will do....

"

5 hours ago, Hunter259 said:

Did you guys actually check if the CPU was boosting properly? Sure seems like it very much wasn't.

That would involve them actually taking time to investigate and test products for more than an hour and a half. That shit went out the window when they decided to just pump numerous videos out every day, quantity over quality or something like that xD

Did I miss something?

This is a 300 series motherboard that is backwards compatible.

This is not a 200 series motherboard that is forwards compatible with new 8th gen CPUs like linus was talking about at the beginning...

So intel didn't lie?

6 hours ago, GabenJr said:

When 8th gen Intel Core launched, the need for a new chipset was in doubt from the outset.

5 hours ago, SkyHound0202 said:

Also, you guys still remember this?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Ok so now at the end of the video I see linus talks about forwards compatibility again.

Great, so the intro starts about one topic (forwards compatibility), the entire video is on a different topic (backwards compatibility), and then he concludes "we don't know anything about the first topic"

Wow, great job making everything confusing just to put an incorrect title on the video.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

3 hours ago, Enderman said:

Ok so now at the end of the video I see linus talks about forwards compatibility again.

Great, so the intro starts about one topic (forwards compatibility), the entire video is on a different topic (backwards compatibility), and then he concludes "we don't know anything about the first topic"

Wow, great job making everything confusing just to put an incorrect title on the video.

I mean they just assumed that DDR3 was the cause of the performance loss instead of checking the damn core clocks like a normal person would. Absolutely lazy.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

6 hours ago, danwat1234 said:

Why won't it support DDR4 modules? It isn't the memory controller because it lies in the CPU, which supports DDR3 or DDR4 modules AFAIK..

Because DDR3 ram is much cheaper than ddr4, especially in China. And this is a H310C board which is a budget motherboard...