Need help connecting my powered subwoofer and passive bookshelf speakers to pc

TheReclaimerRx7

Hello, I'm having difficulty setting up my active subwoofer and passive bookshelf speakers to my pc, is there something that I need in order for it to all work together. I tried plugging the rca to 3.5mm headphone jack to the back of the subwoofer and the other end to my pc but only my subwoofer worked.

IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0550.jpg

you are missing an ampifier (like a receiver), that's only the input for the subwoofer, and you dont have any means to send the speaker sound out.

2 minutes ago, Danioki said:

you are missing an ampifier (like a receiver), that's only the input for the subwoofer, and you dont have any means to send the speaker sound out.

oh is that all I need? do you think you can recommend me a amplifier that my subwoofer and bookshelf speakers can connect to? Thank you so much.

uff my receiver is a yamaha from 10 years ago, so i don't think i can give advace with newer things ahahahah. but there is planty of peope here. and they will come :)

Just now, Danioki said:

uff my receiver is a yamaha from 10 years ago, so i don't think i can give advace with newer things ahahahah. but there is planty of peope here. and they will come :)

oh okay thank you for your help. I'll wait.

and remember to first check the power (wattage) need of you speakers, and the impedance of the speakers.

1 minute ago, johnny5c said:

Something like this will work, 

https://www.parts-express.com/pyle-pca2-mini-stereo-power-amplifier--310-2000

Connect the amp to your PC with your 3.5mm/RCA cable and then use the speaker level inputs and outputs on the sub.

oh okay, would this work too? My bookshelf speakers says recommended amplifier power 25-100 watt RMS. Would it be better to get the 90 watt one?   https://www.amazon.com/Power-Home-HiFi-Stereo-Amplifier/dp/B0071HZ5LE/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1548789819&sr=1-3&keywords=100+watt+amp

1 minute ago, TheReclaimerRx7 said:

oh okay, would this work too? My bookshelf speakers says recommended amplifier power 25-100 watt RMS. Would it be better to get the 90 watt one?   https://www.amazon.com/Power-Home-HiFi-Stereo-Amplifier/dp/B0071HZ5LE/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1548789819&sr=1-3&keywords=100+watt+amp

That will work just fine.  I've used these Pyle amps in a lot of projects like arcade cabinets and they're pretty decent for the price.  They'll handle down to a 2 Ohm load too so works great with any speaker.