Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marziin111

Custom Loop

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello guys,

 

as I am pretty new to water cooling I wanted to ask if you can check my selected parts.

 

The PC has the following specs:

Phanteks Evolv X

Asus Maximus Hero Xi (WiFi)

i7 9700K

RTX 2080ti

1000 Watt beQuiet PSU

 

As I made good experiences with EK WB I wanted to stick with them for the most parts. If there is a better solution for any part, I'd like to here your recommendation.

 

Pump: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-xtop-ddc-3-2-pwm-elite-acetal-incl-pump (must fit in the Basement, so no D5)

Reservoir: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-res-x3-250-lite

Radiator Front: https://www.alphacool.com/shop/radiatoren/radiatoren-aktiv/20474/alphacool-nexxxos-st30-full-copper-x-flow-360mm-Radiator (X-Flow, to get from the pump to the CPU block)

Radiator Top: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-coolstream-se-360-slim-triple

CPU Block: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-velocity-rgb-nickel-acetal

GPU Block: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-vector-rtx-2080-ti-rgb-nickel-acetal

Tubing: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-hd-tube-12-16mm-500mm-2-pcs

Fittings: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-hdc-fitting-16mm-g1-4-elox-black

 

Thanks for your help.

 

Greetings

Marzii

Link to post
Share on other sites

am I allowed to ask about that motherboard?

I know it's a bit off topic, but why would you use that one?

 

FYI

 


PSU Tier List//Gpu Tier List//Build Guide Megathread//Motherboard Tier List//Linux Guide//Build logs///Before troubleshoot//Mark Solved//Off Topic//Community standards

Don't forget to quote or mention me

 

Primary PC:

Spoiler

CPU: I5-8600k  @4.5 ghz  GPU: GTX 1070 ti EVGA SC Gaming   RAM: 8+8 3360 mhz DDR4 Trident Z   MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC   HDD: 1 TB 7200 RPM Seagate Baracudda, 1 TB 5400 RPM Samsung ECOGREEN   SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB   Soundcard: built in   Case: Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB   Screen: Salora 40LED1500

 

Second PC: Cedar mill

Spoiler

CPU: i3-2130   GPU: Intel HD graphics   RAM: 4+2 GB 1333 mhz DDR3    MOBO: HP H series   HDD: 320 GB WD Black 7200 RPM   PSU: HP 250 watt   Soundcard: built in   Case: Sunbeam Quarterback   Screen: IIyama Prolite T2240MTS, Samsung SyncMaster710N

 

Server: CookieVault

Spoiler

CPU: core2dual E8400   GPU: Intel HD graphics   RAM: 2+1+1+1 gb 1333 mhz ddr3   MOBO: HP Q series   HDD: 4x 1tb 5400 RPM Samsung Spinpoint Ecogreen   Soundcard: built in   Case: Compaq 6000 pro mt   Screen: Samsung SyncMaster710n

 

Laptop : Acer TravelMate 8573t

Spoiler

CPU: I3-2330M   GPU: Intel HD graphics   RAM: 8+2 GB 1333 mhz DDR3   MOBO: Acer   SSD: 250 gb mx500 sata   Soundcard: built in   Case: Acer TravelMate 8573t   Screen: TN 768p

 

Game consoles:

Spoiler

PS4 slim glacier white 500 gb, PS4 FTP Special Edition 500 gb, Xbox, 3 DS lites, DSI XL, Gameboy Advanced Color, PS Vita v2, Wii, PS3 500 gb

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
6 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

am I allowed to ask about that motherboard?

I know it's a bit off topic, but why would you use that one?

 

FYI

 

I followed these steps:

1. Asus Board

2. WiFi

3. Not more than $350

 

So I decided between Strix 390-E and the Hero. Preferred look of the Hero :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Marziin111 said:

added the fittings ;)

Looks good. Do you have something to cut the tubes with and are you going to bend them or just do straight connections?


Current Build Log:

 

Original Build:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Lurick said:

Looks good. Do you have something to cut the tubes with and are you going to bend them or just do straight connections?

 

Nothing yet. I am buying the EK DIY Kit. Do you have any recommendations for cutting and bending? Don't want to use angled fittings to be honest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Marziin111 said:

Nothing yet. I am buying the EK DIY Kit. Do you have any recommendations for cutting and bending? Don't want to use angled fittings to be honest.

The only good thing in the kit is the inserts.

Get something like this for cutting:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000LDGNCU

 

A good heat gun from your local hardware store on low to medium settings is what I would recommend for that. Take your time with the bends, measure a few times and order extra tubing to allow for mistakes. On medium or low heat I would hold the tube a few inches away and play with what allows for a nice even heating to time ratio. Turn slowly until the tube starts to bend under it's own weight. Move it back and forth and side to side as well, just a bit, to give you more area to play with. Don't dunk the tube in water to cool it off, hold it still and let it set for a minute.


Current Build Log:

 

Original Build:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Marziin111 said:

I followed these steps:

1. Asus Board

2. WiFi

3. Not more than $350

 

So I decided between Strix 390-E and the Hero. Preferred look of the Hero :)

and that first one is a bad step. have you watched the video? we're talking about a effective 4 phase power design. you can get a good asrock exteme4 (which used to be part of asus) or a gigabyte aorus board with a 12 phase for half the price...


PSU Tier List//Gpu Tier List//Build Guide Megathread//Motherboard Tier List//Linux Guide//Build logs///Before troubleshoot//Mark Solved//Off Topic//Community standards

Don't forget to quote or mention me

 

Primary PC:

Spoiler

CPU: I5-8600k  @4.5 ghz  GPU: GTX 1070 ti EVGA SC Gaming   RAM: 8+8 3360 mhz DDR4 Trident Z   MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC   HDD: 1 TB 7200 RPM Seagate Baracudda, 1 TB 5400 RPM Samsung ECOGREEN   SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB   Soundcard: built in   Case: Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB   Screen: Salora 40LED1500

 

Second PC: Cedar mill

Spoiler

CPU: i3-2130   GPU: Intel HD graphics   RAM: 4+2 GB 1333 mhz DDR3    MOBO: HP H series   HDD: 320 GB WD Black 7200 RPM   PSU: HP 250 watt   Soundcard: built in   Case: Sunbeam Quarterback   Screen: IIyama Prolite T2240MTS, Samsung SyncMaster710N

 

Server: CookieVault

Spoiler

CPU: core2dual E8400   GPU: Intel HD graphics   RAM: 2+1+1+1 gb 1333 mhz ddr3   MOBO: HP Q series   HDD: 4x 1tb 5400 RPM Samsung Spinpoint Ecogreen   Soundcard: built in   Case: Compaq 6000 pro mt   Screen: Samsung SyncMaster710n

 

Laptop : Acer TravelMate 8573t

Spoiler

CPU: I3-2330M   GPU: Intel HD graphics   RAM: 8+2 GB 1333 mhz DDR3   MOBO: Acer   SSD: 250 gb mx500 sata   Soundcard: built in   Case: Acer TravelMate 8573t   Screen: TN 768p

 

Game consoles:

Spoiler

PS4 slim glacier white 500 gb, PS4 FTP Special Edition 500 gb, Xbox, 3 DS lites, DSI XL, Gameboy Advanced Color, PS Vita v2, Wii, PS3 500 gb

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2019 at 7:58 AM, Marziin111 said:

Hello guys,

 

as I am pretty new to water cooling I wanted to ask if you can check my selected parts.

 

The PC has the following specs:

Phanteks Evolv X

Asus Maximus Hero Xi (WiFi)

i7 9700K

RTX 2080ti

1000 Watt beQuiet PSU

 

As I made good experiences with EK WB I wanted to stick with them for the most parts. If there is a better solution for any part, I'd like to here your recommendation.

 

Pump: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-xtop-ddc-3-2-pwm-elite-acetal-incl-pump (must fit in the Basement, so no D5)

Reservoir: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-res-x3-250-lite

Radiator Front: https://www.alphacool.com/shop/radiatoren/radiatoren-aktiv/20474/alphacool-nexxxos-st30-full-copper-x-flow-360mm-Radiator (X-Flow, to get from the pump to the CPU block)

Radiator Top: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-coolstream-se-360-slim-triple

CPU Block: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-velocity-rgb-nickel-acetal

GPU Block: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-vector-rtx-2080-ti-rgb-nickel-acetal

Tubing: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-hd-tube-12-16mm-500mm-2-pcs

Fittings: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-hdc-fitting-16mm-g1-4-elox-black

 

Thanks for your help.

 

Greetings

Marzii

Don't forget the GPU backplate if you're not using the stock one. Otherwise, it looks good! 

 

As a side note, we'll be launching the Maximus XI Hero monoblock in February, though I'm not 100% certain on the date.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 1/30/2019 at 4:15 PM, EKJake said:

Don't forget the GPU backplate if you're not using the stock one. Otherwise, it looks good! 

 

As a side note, we'll be launching the Maximus XI Hero monoblock in February, though I'm not 100% certain on the date.

Hi,

 

thanks for your reply. I will not forget the backplate :) I just ordered the Velocity D-RGB :( Is it possible to keep the motherboard lighting that covers the I/O panel or do I have to remove that when using the monoblock? And is the monoblock a D-RGB? :) 

 

Do you plan releasing an X-Flow Rad in the near future btw?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Marziin111 said:

Hi,

 

thanks for your reply. I will not forget the backplate :) I just ordered the Velocity D-RGB :( Is it possible to keep the motherboard lighting that covers the I/O panel or do I have to remove that when using the monoblock? And is the monoblock a D-RGB? :) 

 

Do you plan releasing an X-Flow Rad in the near future btw?

 

I'm not 100% sure yet. I believe the lighting can be kept. The monoblock should be an interchangeable design to where you can use single color or d-rgb from what I've been told. 

 

No plans mentioned for an X Flow though I wish we'd add it :/

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 hours ago, EKJake said:

I'm not 100% sure yet. I believe the lighting can be kept. The monoblock should be an interchangeable design to where you can use single color or d-rgb from what I've been told. 

 

No plans mentioned for an X Flow though I wish we'd add it :/

Ok :) Yeah X-Flow would be nice :) 

 

Do you know if there will be a D-RGB version of the Vector GPU block?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2019 at 5:02 PM, Marziin111 said:

Ok :) Yeah X-Flow would be nice :) 

 

Do you know if there will be a D-RGB version of the Vector GPU block?

I'm not certain. I know the strip in the end piece can be swapped out (the terminal shroud cannot be). I'll try to find out if we have plans to include D-RGB strips or something with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 2/8/2019 at 5:34 PM, EKJake said:

I'm not certain. I know the strip in the end piece can be swapped out (the terminal shroud cannot be). I'll try to find out if we have plans to include D-RGB strips or something with it.

I hope you did not cancel your plans on a monoblock for the XI Hero 😮

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×