Any plans for "Featured Topics"?

TVwazhere

We've had this "Featured topic" box for over a year now...

image.png.869328c3cec97a178e11086e550943a6.png

And while it's good to spread awareness for the discord channel (even though the thread has been locked for a long time now), it could also be used for things like the November Folding month that happened in 2018, News topics, maybe a chosen at random Build log or Troubleshooting question, something to help advertise the site as a whole. It seems this was a feature implemented and then quickly forgotten about. Not sure if this is managed only by Mortis, LMG staff or if Mods have the ability to change the Featured topic, but I was wondering if there had been any plans for this feature. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I volunteer to curate featured topics.

Though they will only be bottleneck and future proof threads.

All staff can feature threads(I just checked to confirm this).

That's not a bad idea, I wouldn't mind some of those threads getting featured, even if they were big deals such as the 2018 Folding Month(which was a big and popular thread on its own).

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

7 minutes ago, King Poet said:

future proof

Put a quarter in the swear jar for using the F word

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

Put a quarter in the swear jar for using the F word

3968ec66ac2b456bac22f43adc28a33ec86a5912

Apologies.

Imo it should be something like Folding Month rather than news or troubleshooting. Those are so much shorter lifespan things. But for like LTX, event megathreads etc. it could be a place. Another thing could be to have site-wide notifications about FP payments and scam emails sitting there.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

IMO the Phishing emails scam alert should have been tagged there. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

3 hours ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

IMO the Phishing emails scam alert should have been tagged there. 

The phishing email notice was in the sidebar, more prominently than the featured topics box, for a non-negligible amount of time. Plenty of people did not notice it, which is a problem. That is why it is where it is (and, being there means that it can be dismissed).

HTTP/2 203

35 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

The phishing email notice was in the sidebar, more prominently than the featured topics box, for a non-negligible amount of time. Plenty of people did not notice it, which is a problem. That is why it is where it is (and, being there means that it can be dismissed).

Sorry, but that sounds more like you not wanting to pin anything on there than threads on there being left un-noticed. Wouldn't harm anything, now would it?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

featured builds could be really dope, like i doubt anyone would put my threads in there because my builds are kinda shit tbh but some guys really make awesome builds on here :D 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Sorry, but that sounds more like you not wanting to pin anything on there than threads on there being left un-noticed. Wouldn't harm anything, now would it?

The other responses in the topic cover my view on featuring threads - we might do it, but it only makes sense to do it for a small number of threads. My post was specifically about the phishing notice.

HTTP/2 203