Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
_StrikE_

Metro Exodus exclusivity deal with Epic Store, But Steam preorders will still be fulfilled

1 hour ago, jaggysnake57 said:

Ok so that list is hilarious

Account sharing – who cares

It's a quite a great feature as long as you have friends. I have shared my account to my friend who has shared his account with me so we don't need to both buy some super-hyped game at the launch and get disapointed how bad it really is. Also when both have +450 games in their libraries that rises to really big reference material base.

Achievements – who cares

They are kind of good measure how much someone has played the game. Played hours can be so easily faked by launching the game and leaving it to run in the background. But mostly it's just vanity stuff, some developers go the extra mile to come up with good achievements which are not just "you reached this part of the game" but something that really is achieving something.

Broadcasting – ever heard of twitch

Twitch, you mean the nazitube? Getting banned in Twitch is easier than getting banned in the War Thunder forums (and that is very easy, just point out some flaws that has been in the game since beginning or criticise the monetization and vóla).

Forums – use the dev page

You mean the one forum the game devs put up and is usually today run by some third party and game devs may follow it, but it's usually just there to build a platform which can be filled with people who praise the game? Yeah, see the part about how easy it is to get banned from War Thunder forums and apply that in different ranges to any game developers own forum (there are few which are actually good and they treat their forums as a good place to voice your opinion about the game, but these are few and usually smaller developers).

Groups – see forums

Groups are totally different feature than some forum.

Item trading – this one made me laugh, with the amount of scandals and bad press steam marketplace and item trading have received in the past and you use it as a plus for steam. It shows how much of a sheep you are and how you regurgitate things without thinking about what you are regurgitating

With this I'm with you, probably the most idiotic feature Steam has

Linux and mac – seriously? Are you that desperate? Who cares, Linux has a 1.6% market share and most game don’t make it to mac

Kind of big thing considering where WIndows 10 is going with all of it's faults and unfixed bugs combined with their "modern development targets" which is basicly not fixing anything and just bringing more and more "features". If Proton keeps on it's tracks we can in some time throw the Winblows out of the window and use Linux with minor performance hit.

Player count data – who cares

Someone who finds a game that could be fun in multiplayer and they can see that the game is long dead before commiting. Even seeing some new games that need good playerbase to work (because all they are is multiplayer) you would think they work and you can play the game, well look no further than Rapture Rejects, no matter if it's Cyanide & Happiness game, it's dead.

Screenshot – print screen

Have fun with more than one display. Also in-game screenshotters are usually garbage because the files go somewhere within the gamefiles.

Streaming to other devices – again you just regurgitate without thinking. Steam stopped selling the steam link because its shit. No one cared

They stopped selling the hardware because the hardware became obsolete with AndroidTVs.

User guides – google

True that.

Profiles – who cares

Actually good addition to the groups. But mostly a niche.

User reviews – lets look at the first 2 metro games both very positive reviews until this the last week when they got review bombed. Now tell me how that helps the consumer decided the quality of a game when but hurt little children use the review system to protest? I mean who uses the user reviews to judge a game anymore? Just watch some gameplay and pay attention to social media

When the developers have started to grow more and more blind and deaf to the audience, the ways audience can be heard start to become limited. Also so user reviews have been the way to go for a decade now because all the game media is more or less paid (see IGN and EA, also Japanese Famitsu). You really just didn't throw the social media in there? Hahhaa! When buying game media didn't work anymore, faceboo kand other social media came to save the so dying game publishers, just see how No man's sky and other hype bubbles turned out.

No cloud saves, no offline no reginal pricing as of this morning epic announced regional pricing and there looking into reviews. Offline play and cloud save will come and id bet they come soon

Regional pricing is set by the publisher and totally opt-in. Reviews have been promised, but also opt-in for the publishers and publishers are also allowed to moderate them so, expect nothing less than good reviews. Offline play and cloud saves were promised in the launch, still nothing. But hey they made the most "unbiased" content creator system ever, as publisher just choose content creators you want to showcase your game and the content creators get money based on how many buy the game with their personal links, everyone is going to be so unbiased. Refunds are also "coming" but no timeline given and while they say "it's going to be like in Steam" I have my doubts when weighting in what else they have done and promised.

You completely ignore the fact that epic have forced steams hand, they must respond. Once steam lowers their rates to devs and they will, then the only way to compete is to entice players over which means better deals and new features

The reality is, epic could launch a platform that matches steams features and even does them better and entrenched, entitled, but hurt steam fanboys and gamers still wouldn’t use it because “praise gaben” epic need to do some thing to crack the market and exclusivity deals are it

But hey you carry on boycotting epic and deep silver, crash their game sales so deep silver abandon the pc market and when epic launcher has died and steam pull the next anti-consumer bullshit let’s all bitch about there being no competition

The competition is something needed, but the way Epic is coming is totally wrong. They not only spall the whole playfield with paying developers for exclusivities, they also come with even more anti-consumerism than Steam has ever had. And even if Epic was to fail Steam really cannot go anymore anti-consumer because it's already in close watch by consumer rights officials and associations, if they were to go more anti-consumer they would find themselves from court rooms (unlike Epic because everyone is watching over Steam so everyone else can do what the fuck they want to do).

The rates are also interesting part. Tim Sweeney himself has said the 12% cut isn't enough to cover everything or at least it doesn't bring them enough profits. He was answering questions about the other payment methods, which have added costs, but eitherway those payment methods will cost something even if no one was to use them because the added costs. It is left to be seen how long they can keep that 12% cut or do they start to add more added costs to the other end to balance their income.

57 minutes ago, Demonking said:

Can't wait to see how this games sells

We won't likely ever find out

System specs:

GTX 1050

16GB DDR3

Samsung evo SSD

a few HDD's

2 hours ago, jaggysnake57 said:

Linux and mac – seriously? Are you that desperate? Who cares, Linux has a 1.6% market share and most game don’t make it to mac

Is it a small market? Yes.

But still there are millions of active Linux and Mac gamers and they are gonna take a hit because Epic is signing contracts preventing the sale of games on Mac OSX and Linux.

Understand that Epic is signing exclusivity contracts preventing devs from using stores which support Linux and Mac OSX. If Epic simply didn't want to support Mac and Linux that is one thing, but this goes a step further. Devs tied to Epic for a year are forced to be windows only for that year because they are not allowed to use other stores which support other operating systems.

This is an example of why exclusivity contracts are toxic.

8 hours ago, jaggysnake57 said:

Linux and mac – seriously? Are you that desperate? Who cares

Me and many other ppl who fed up with crapware10? 9_9 BTW your post is pretty childish from all the worthless "who cares" questions (making you whole post pretty much ignored).......... :dry:

Can't believe a week later there are still asshurt entitled children crying that this isn't available on the cancerware steam client.

What a great reflection of the currently poor state of the PC gaming industry where DRM/spyware is not only accepted but praised... These are truly sad times.

What does windows 10 and ET have in common?

They are both constantly trying to phone home.

11 minutes ago, Hellion said:

Can't believe a week later there are still asshurt entitled children crying that this isn't available on the cancerware steam client.

What a great reflection of the currently poor state of the PC gaming industry where DRM/spyware is not only accepted but praised... These are truly sad times.

I'd gladly hand over 60 shekels for a copy on gog. Hell I'd even be fine with it on origin like other metro games. Fuck it, sell me a bluray and that'd still be better than from epic.

Oh, reduxes are on gog as well didn't know that.

Edited by CyanideInsanity
2 minutes ago, Hellion said:

And you think it's still better to have new DRM platform that sends all of the user data to China right away?

3 minutes ago, Thaldor said:

And you think it's still better to have new DRM platform that sends all of the user data to China right away?

Same shit, different pile.

DRM and data harvesting is still DRM and data harvesting. Where it's from or ends up is irrelevant.

Make as many excuses as you like. At the end of the day any game that can't be downloaded stand alone without additional software is cut from the same cloth pulled from the trash bin. Steam does not get a blind pass on this and are just as guilty if not more so for standardization of the garbage business model.

8 hours ago, Terryv said:

As far as the rest is concerned: Just because you don't use/like a feature, doesn't mean it's pointless.

I for one very much think Linux support is important.

maybe you should re-read that and realise what you said here let me help you

Just because you do use/like a feature, doesn't mean it's good

I for one very much think Linux support is important.

8 hours ago, D13H4RD said:

No, they didn't stop selling the Steam Link because it was shit. They stopped selling the Steam Link STB because after they released the app for smartphones, it was a pointless product. 

Desperate? Whatever you think of it, it is still an objective advantage because those who don't use Windows for whatever reason have a storefront where they can play games. 

I've never seen anything more wrong than this. Yes, there are some Steam fanatics out there but the truth is that had Epic just launched a competitive storefront that is enticing for both developers and consumers, people would try it. People gave GoG a chance because it was promising and had a lot of pro-consumer benefits but it ultimately remained a niche because it didn't entice publishers much. 

Everyone seems to be forgetting that the Epic Store is quite literally a worse form of DRM than Steam. It is so blatantly pro-publisher and anti-consumer that I'm surprised people defend it because "muh competition". 

This is not competition. This is the literal opposite of competing. 

1) they stopped it because it was not selling, they would frequently drop its price from $40ish  to $3 or $4. products that sell dont get cuts like that

2) 1.6% share and how many of those are gamers?

how is epic worse DRM?

1 hour ago, jagdtigger said:

Me and many other ppl who fed up with crapware10? 9_9 BTW your post is pretty childish from all the worthless "who cares" questions (making you whole post pretty much ignored).......... :dry:

and not only have you read my post but you also felt the need to repy and quote said post.......whats that about ignoring my post?

as i said before a new company trying to establish itself in a market controlled for so long by 1 competitor needs to do something to establish a foot hold. too many fanboys/lazy people would ignore them otherwise, regardless of how good or bad there launcher is

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

12 hours ago, jaggysnake57 said:

explain to me how exclusivity deals between launchers are bad for PC gamers

you get that they loose more money if they develop for PC and no one buys it than if they dont make a game for PC at all

lol wait until steam, activision, origin, uplay,  start doing this completely and then you will see how anti consumer it is

I believe all these limiting to their store/launcher/etc is already anticonsumer

it should be user preference period

I want my games on origin them so be it, steam so be it, everything else is just bloat

anyplace could be a store as long as you fit the security/drm/etc requirements

just like you can for any other media

10 hours ago, jaggysnake57 said:

dont straw man me thats not what it says

you brought that on yourself with "who cares" shit when it is subjective to what a user wants

1 hour ago, Hellion said:

should be available anywhere a user wants it

just like I said about any other media,

what has been going on was kinda ok considering it was mainly their own products, now grabbing 3rd party games to exclusive deals is what can make a shit storm

like I said about origin, steam, activision, uplay above

buying media should be up to the user on where they would like to have it, let it be google, amazon, steam, origin, apple

The devs kinda screwed over all people who preordered on steam. F in the chat plz. 

“Security is always excessive until it’s not enough.”

– Robbie Sinclair, Head of Security, NSW Australia 

“Have you tried turning it off and on again?” - Every Tech Rep Ever

If you need help with your build please tag me.

Main PC:

CPU: Ryzen 3 1300x RAM: 8gb ddr4 2666 MT/s Mobo: ASRock A320M HDD: 1tb WD GPU: Gtx 1050ti 4gb

Spoiler

P.s. if you can tell me what reference my location I will follow you. 

Bonus points if you can tell me the names of the people there. 

2 minutes ago, I-r0k said:

The devs kinda screwed over all people who preordered on steam. F in the chat plz. 

in first post

If you have already preordered the game on Steam, you'll get to play it on there. Epic's exact words on that subject are that "any customer with an outstanding preorder for Metro Exodus on PC through any digital retailer will receive their game as expected." 

1 hour ago, jaggysnake57 said:

maybe you should re-read that and realise what you said here let me help you

How is that bad feature?

Steam's linux implementation is rock solid. It has all the same features as the windows client and more (ex: proton).

Native Linux games on Linux work as well as native Windows games on Windows.

Steam has it's downsides and they're far from perfect, but they suit my (and others) needs better than epic for now.

If and when epic makes a Linux native client and sell Linux native games, I'll give them a consideration.

Epic should also compete on it's merits as a platform instead of just throwing money at the problem. As it is now, they have nothing worth my attention. 

System specs:

GTX 1050

16GB DDR3

Samsung evo SSD

a few HDD's

2 hours ago, Terryv said:

Epic should also compete on it's merits as a platform instead of just throwing money at the problem. As it is now, they have nothing worth my attention.

That’s essentially my issue with Epic Games as well. They’re already miles behind Steam in terms of functionality, most of their resources seem to be in acquiring exclusive games rather than improvement of their platform.

The feelings the 1 dev gave on not releasing the game in future again PC is something if heard before many times, last time it was a dev from epic games almost makes me think Epic games told one of there devs to play that card, because it take distraction away from the real issue, lets not ignore this issue at all and boycot the epic store if we choose to do so.

9 hours ago, jaggysnake57 said:

How is epic worse DRM?

It's already been shown. The requirement for an internet connection, the lack of basic features and the forced exclusivity deals that do nothing but harm the consumer and benefit publishers at the consumer's expense. 

You're fighting the wrong fight. You should be demanding that Epic does right by its customer and publishers on its platform, not by believing that they are competing when they are doing the opposite of that through buying exclusivity deals rather than making a competitive launcher that draws in developers and publishers voluntarily. 

Also, for a "monopoly", Steam sure as hell is doing a shitty job of being one. If anything, Epic's act of buying exclusives is more monopolistic. 

Please tag me if you need assistance or if you want me to contribute to a topic 

ASUS RoG STRIX GL502VM

Intel Core i7 7700HQ | GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB DDR4-2133 | 128GB SanDisk M.2 SATA SSD + 1TB 7200RPM Hitachi HDD | 15.6" 1080p IPS monitor @ 60Hz w/ G-SYNC | Windows 10 64-bit

Samsung Galaxy Note8 SM-N950F

Exynos 8895 (4x Mongoose @ 2.3GHz, 4x Cortex A53 @ 1.7GHz)ARM Mali G71 MP20 | 6GB LPDDR4 | 64GB Samsung NAND flash w/ UFS 2.1 dual-lane controller + 128GB SanDisk C10 UHS-I microSD | 6.3" 1440p "Infinity Display" AMOLED | Android Nougat 7.1.1 w/ Samsung Experience 8.5

9 hours ago, jaggysnake57 said:

and not only have you read my post but you also felt the need to repy and quote said post.......whats that about ignoring my post? 

Istopped rading after the second who cares. Someone else quoted the part i replied to..... So yes, it is ignored pretyy mucj

h....

10 hours ago, Hellion said:

Well, what would you pick out of two piles of shit? One that's stinky or another that's not only even stinker but also has roaches roaming around them? 

I've long argued that we need choice, and it's why I've kept bringing up GoG in the arguments that I've shared. People want good competition, and the truth is that one launcher already exists that is very pro-consumer out of the launchers that we have known (even the launcher itself is optional). 

People keep thinking about Epic being a competitor but the truth is that they aren't competing. They're strong arming. If you want to support the competition, support the people who do it right. 

ASUS RoG STRIX GL502VM

Intel Core i7 7700HQ | GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB DDR4-2133 | 128GB SanDisk M.2 SATA SSD + 1TB 7200RPM Hitachi HDD | 15.6" 1080p IPS monitor @ 60Hz w/ G-SYNC | Windows 10 64-bit

Exynos 8895 (4x Mongoose @ 2.3GHz, 4x Cortex A53 @ 1.7GHz)ARM Mali G71 MP20 | 6GB LPDDR4 | 64GB Samsung NAND flash w/ UFS 2.1 dual-lane controller + 128GB SanDisk C10 UHS-I microSD | 6.3" 1440p "Infinity Display" AMOLED | Android Nougat 7.1.1 w/ Samsung Experience 8.5

1 hour ago, D13H4RD said:

It's already been shown. The requirement for an internet connection, the lack of basic features and the forced exclusivity deals that do nothing but harm the consumer and benefit publishers at the consumer's expense. 

To me, personally, that's really bad. Even if 'most' people use a wired connection, limiting the ability of users to be online to use products that they paid for is just bad.

12 hours ago, Hellion said:

Because it would also come out on GOG or any other store, like both former games have. But now it'll be an exclusive on Epic. It has nothing to do with praising Steam. I also don't see what's "cancerware" other than you being butthurt over it because of something. Steam is the reason why ppl forgive DRM, because they managed to add value on top of it. Opposed to others who just rammed that DRM junk on to consumers just to satisfy idiotic shareholders who have no clue what and to who they are even selling shit.

48 minutes ago, ZacoAttaco said:

To me, personally, that's really bad. Even if 'most' people use a wired connection, limiting the ability of users to be online to use products that they paid for is just bad.

It has always been bad. 

Sure, they may add it " at some point" but how is it not part of it at launch? 

ASUS RoG STRIX GL502VM

On Tuesday, February 05, 2019 at 12:53 PM, pas008 said:

what has been going on was kinda ok considering it was mainly their own products, now grabbing 3rd party games to exclusive deals is what can make a shit storm

like I said about origin, steam, activision, uplay above

buying media should be up to the user on where they would like to have it, let it be google, amazon, steam, origin, apple

"Kinda ok" according to who exactly?

Steam has many titles that you can only legally obtain from their platform that aren't valve releases. The label of "exclusive" is simply a marketing gimmick.

You won't see me running around on the internet crying because a game I want isn't on gog. I simply find an alternate solution rather then whining like an entitled child.

On Tuesday, February 05, 2019 at 10:07 PM, D13H4RD said:

Well, what would you pick out of two piles of shit? One that's stinky or another that's not only even stinker but also has roaches roaming around them? 

I've long argued that we need choice, and it's why I've kept bringing up GoG in the arguments that I've shared. People want good competition, and the truth is that one launcher already exists that is very pro-consumer out of the launchers that we have known (even the launcher itself is optional). 

People keep thinking about Epic being a competitor but the truth is that they aren't competing. They're strong arming. If you want to support the competition, support the people who do it right. 

Strong arming? You mean like steam does forcing you to install a DRM/spyware client in order to download a game?

I don't make any exceptions. It's either all or nothing. Steam does not get a free pass.

It's the same garbage business model.

On Tuesday, February 05, 2019 at 11:41 PM, RejZoR said:

Because it would also come out on GOG or any other store, like both former games have. But now it'll be an exclusive on Epic. It has nothing to do with praising Steam. I also don't see what's "cancerware" other than you being butthurt over it because of something. Steam is the reason why ppl forgive DRM, because they managed to add value on top of it. Opposed to others who just rammed that DRM junk on to consumers just to satisfy idiotic shareholders who have no clue what and to who they are even selling shit.

What value? There's absolutely nothing that steam offers that would sway my opinion that the basis of the company is DRM/spyware focused.

Wrapping it in bullshit gimmicks doesn't mask that fact.