Phishing Emails & YouTube Messages - Fake Giveaway Read more... ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Strike105X

Metro Exodus exclusivity deal with Epic Store, But Steam preorders will still be fulfilled

2 minutes ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

Meanwhile this might be the first game i buy on day 1 since 2015

Buying it on GoG

CDPR absolutely deserves it, assuming the game lives up

Please tag me if you need assistance or if you want me to contribute to a topic 

ASUS RoG STRIX GL502VM

Intel Core i7 7700HQ | GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB DDR4-2133 | 128GB SanDisk M.2 SATA SSD + 1TB 7200RPM Hitachi HDD | 15.6" 1080p IPS monitor @ 60Hz w/ G-SYNC | Windows 10 64-bit

Samsung Galaxy Note8 SM-N950F

Exynos 8895 (4x Mongoose @ 2.3GHz, 4x Cortex A53 @ 1.7GHz)ARM Mali G71 MP20 | 6GB LPDDR4 | 64GB Samsung NAND flash w/ UFS 2.1 dual-lane controller + 128GB SanDisk C10 UHS-I microSD | 6.3" 1440p "Infinity Display" AMOLED | Android Nougat 7.1.1 w/ Samsung Experience 8.5

Just now, D13H4RD said:

Buying it on GoG

how dare you for entitling options sir. just install another launcher, it's good compilation. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Intel i7 4790K (4.0 GHz) | MSI Z97-GAMING 5 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3-1866 2x8GB | Asus GeForce GTX 780 Ti DirectCU II OC | Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB | Corsair RM 850W | Corsair H90 94.0 CFM | Logitech® Wireless Combo MK330 | Cooler Master HAF XM | Dell S2240L 60Hz 21.5 IPS | 

PCPartPicker 

1 hour ago, Hellion said:

Steam has strong armed developers into their platform since they move the most amount of copies due to popularity from brain dead users that prioritize convenience over privacy and ethics.

So, Steam being popular means they're strong-arming developers?  That's like saying because people use Amazon, then Amazon is forcing companies to sell on their marketplace.  It's backwards logic.

Also, that's rather rude to assume people are "brain dead" because they choose to buy from one store or another.

1 hour ago, Hellion said:

How do you think they get the data for their surveys?

How do you think they obtained the data they have been caught in the past providing to third parties?

They get data for surveys by popping up a prompt asking you to participate in a survey.

As for this "data they....(provided) to third parties", I'd like a link to some more information, because this is the first I've heard of it.

55 minutes ago, Hellion said:

The issue I have is with those that "need" it on steam at all costs and make ******** excuses to justify the steam platform as a whole.

I put all DRM platforms in the same slot. It's completely unnecessary with no benefit to the consumer.

Pro choice would also be having it on gog for example. Steam is no savour.

In your first paragraph, you're conflating two separate issues.  Just because people view the EGS exclusivity deal as harmful, doesn't mean they're shilling for the game to be on Steam.

As for DRM, I would concur, but it can be made less obnoxious and intrusive.  If the DRM is implemented well and does not restrict my ability to play the game, then I couldn't care less about it.  That's how Valve's Steam became so popular.

Again, I haven't seen anyone arguing that it should only be on Steam, just that it shouldn't be restricted to a single store.

Ultimately, it seems to me that people are using Steam to distract from the real issue, which is that Epic's exclusivity contracts are cancerous to the gaming community as a whole.  How about we discuss that issue specifically, and leave discussions about Steam to topics where they belong.

17 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

Again, I haven't seen anyone arguing that it should only be on Steam, just that it shouldn't be restricted to a single store.

Ultimately, it seems to me that people are using Steam to distract from the real issue, which is that Epic's exclusivity contracts are cancerous to the gaming community as a whole.  How about we discuss that issue specifically, and leave discussions about Steam to topics where they belong.

Exactly. And specifically it shouldn't be contractually bound to one store. Let's say steam wasn't the top dog. Let's say hypothetically GOG was the most popular store today and steam was a minor player.

If epic popped up and started asking devs to sign exclusivity contracts and pull their games off other stores affecting mostly GOG but also steam we would see exactly the same outrage.

It's one thing if a dev decides to stick to one store because of the favourable terms, or the features etc. But a dev signing a contract giving up their rights to be on another store... Those kind of walled gardens and silos are just not something we want on PC.

57 minutes ago, D13H4RD said:

Buying it on GoG

CDPR absolutely deserves it, assuming the game lives up

Speaking of CDPR they have taken the approach that a lot of Indies do. I.e. maximise sales by selling the game on multiple stores. So you can buy Witcher 3 on GOG, you can buy it on Origin, and you can buy it on Steam. If epic has their way fewer publishers will retain that freedom.

Ps- I'm buying it on gog too.

On 2/10/2019 at 5:14 AM, Hellion said:

"Kinda ok" according to who exactly?

Steam has many titles that you can only legally obtain from their platform that aren't valve releases. The label of "exclusive" is simply a marketing gimmick.

You won't see me running around on the internet crying because a game I want isn't on gog. I simply find an alternate solution rather then whining like an entitled child.

but can be acquired anywhere even for free at other places

I have no time to argue with a breast feed fanboy troll

sorry if you cant see it maybe quit sucking on the nipple

should still be user preference of where to own considering they dont have their  own launcher/etc

we are talking about  consumers in a whole that  want legitimate games not your cracking suckling face that thinks to alternate means of acquiring something illegally

which anyone can do for any other media

now lets talk about entitlement lol hahahaha

bet  you dont even know you could have legally own  l4d portal and etc on origin before

origin closed that door themselves

8 hours ago, Hellion said:

What value? There's absolutely nothing that steam offers that would sway my opinion that the basis of the company is DRM/spyware focused.

Wrapping it in bullshit gimmicks doesn't mask that fact.

Someone woke up grumpy today... Being convenient and functional with next to zero downtime apart from few months in the very beginning of Steam launch is very hard to call "bullshit gimmicks". Only other store that comes anywhere near or surpasses it is GOG. All others are just pure garbage.

On 1/31/2019 at 9:11 PM, Delicieuxz said:

If 12% isn't enough for Epic to operate in some cases, that would mean that that Steam, which has vastly more comprehensive feature and community sets than Epic store and a lot more developers to maintain it all, would naturally have to charge a distribution higher fee in order to cover their operational expenses.

Steam usually takes the Transaction Fees that others do not.

For example there is IIRC a 7 or 8% Transaction fee on Paysafecards -> you get 20€ for 20€ Paysafecard on Steam.

Steam might take a rather high amount (30%) but that also means that there isn't much to deal for for you!
You put it on, everything else is on Steam's end.

Its like renting a shop.

You can argue that 30% is too much and it should be maybe 20-25%, but the Download-Servers that Steam has (and are very fast) aren't cheap.

All the other transaction fees are also something Steam deals, not you.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

11 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Steam usually takes the Transaction Fees that others do not.

For example there is IIRC a 7 or 8% Transaction fee on Paysafecards -> you get 20€ for 20€ Paysafecard on Steam.

Steam might take a rather high amount (30%) but that also means that there isn't much to deal for for you!
You put it on, everything else is on Steam's end.

Its like renting a shop.

You can argue that 30% is too much and it should be maybe 20-25%, but the Download-Servers that Steam has (and are very fast) aren't cheap.

All the other transaction fees are also something Steam deals, not you.

Basicly this. Valve includes everything in their 30-20% cut while Epic only includes their "costs". If you were to use Paysafecard in EGS for that 60€ game you would end up paying 64,20-64,80€ because EGS adds that Paysafecard fee to the customers end (as they state in their FAQ). Sooner or later Epic probably will even cut some payment methods or bumb up their cut because they are currently supporting payment methods that have costs to keep them up (like online bank transactions, at least for Finnish Nordea and Osuuspankki online bank transaction "support" isn't just taking a cut from the payment but also monthly/yearly payment for the support, it isn't much but it's still a cost for Epic). Not to even talk about supporting something like online banktransactions in the first place, they have that few days delay in them during which in some countries it's surprisingly easy to call that your debitcard got stolen and bank cancels the payment and I would think EGS isn't going to hold on to the key so long they get the payment for it, because that would piss off probably everyone who accidentaly use online bank transaction to pay for their game.

giphy.gif

I can wait until it gets to a $5 steam sale. Sorry developer. You teamed with some shitty people.

CPU: 9900k @ 5.35ghz Motherboard: Z390 Aorus Xtreme GPU: EVGA 2080ti FTW3 + HYDROCOPPER @ 2190Mhz RAM: 16GB Vengeance RGB 3600CL17 PSU: 850P2

COOLING: Bent Glass Loop CASE: 900D

1 hour ago, Rune said:

I can wait until it gets to a $5 steam sale. Sorry developer. You teamed with some shitty people.

at this point it's not even be worth it when on sale, i'll just play one of the many apocalyptic fps that are currently available on steam

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

9 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

at this point it's not even be worth it when on sale, i'll just play one of the many apocalyptic fps that are currently available on steam

Not even worth getting it from the darkside. And seeing how spineless the book's author is i wont buy any of his books too.

1 hour ago, jagdtigger said:

Not even worth getting it from the darkside. And seeing how spineless the book's author is i wont buy any of his books too.

Yep and just like my general boycott on everything Activision and Ubitrash, I won't get near to anything from them ever again.

And if I ever receive a copy through humble monthly I'll just do the same thing I did when they gave me Destiny 2: sell the code on g2a, use cash to buy Warframe platinum (or a month of FFXIV cause I recently got hooked on that during Christmas holiday)

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

So apparently there were some issues with Axiom Verge's Epic Games port. (Video should start at 10:06, John will explain)

That's right. Users on the Epic Games Store went to the Steam Community Forum for troubleshooting. So for anyone who says, community forums or reviews aren't important, this goes to show it is. Actually pretty sad to be honest.

https://www.pcgamer.com/metro-exodus-will-preload-on-steam-but-not-the-epic-games-store/

🤔

i think everyone missed this bullet point, epic store doesn't really have options for preload as of now. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Intel i7 4790K (4.0 GHz) | MSI Z97-GAMING 5 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3-1866 2x8GB | Asus GeForce GTX 780 Ti DirectCU II OC | Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB | Corsair RM 850W | Corsair H90 94.0 CFM | Logitech® Wireless Combo MK330 | Cooler Master HAF XM | Dell S2240L 60Hz 21.5 IPS | 

PCPartPicker 

1 hour ago, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

i think everyone missed this bullet point, epic store doesn't really have options for preload as of now. 

Just another missing feature to add to the list...

On 2/11/2019 at 5:09 PM, ZacoAttaco said:

That's right. Users on the Epic Games Store went to the Steam Community Forum for troubleshooting. So for anyone who says, community forums or reviews aren't important, this goes to show it is. Actually pretty sad to be honest.

Something else add on to that is the steam forums are somewhere I often end up when using google to troubleshoot game issues and other things.

This is just too relatable to pass up 

44e2f24.jpg.1f1c4b46b9eada059bb1043345cfc925.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

I have been frothing at the mouth for this game and yet I am not buying it today because of their decision to move the game off of steam to epic exclusively. Had they sold it on both epic and steam they could have avoided this. We need to ensure the signing bonus is not worth it. I'll get it for cheap when they put it on the store after the 1 year or when they crack under the pressure.

glhf 4AGames/THQNordic

Delidded 3770k 4.4GHz | Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition RX 580 1550MHz/2250MHz  | #2 FireStrike Extreme & #2 Superposition 1080p Xtreme | 32GB DDR3 1600MHz

1 minute ago, S w a t s o n said:

or when they crack under the pressure.

They wont, if the game flops because of their retarded decision they wont make any metro games for PC... Basically they try to blackmail their fan base.

1 minute ago, jagdtigger said:

They wont, if the game flops because of their retarded decision they wont make any metro games for PC... Basically they try to blackmail their fan base.

Yea I saw that comment and they walked it back the next day. If they dont make metro games for pc, well metro may as well not exist.

Delidded 3770k 4.4GHz | Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition RX 580 1550MHz/2250MHz  | #2 FireStrike Extreme & #2 Superposition 1080p Xtreme | 32GB DDR3 1600MHz

1 minute ago, S w a t s o n said:

Yea I saw that comment and they walked it back the next day. They dont make pc games for metro, well metro may as well not exist.

Well its too late, no amount of damage control can restore their now non-existent reputation.... Either way wont buy it, not even if its dirt cheap.

5 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

Well its too late, no amount of damage control can restore their now non-existent reputation.... Either way wont buy it, not even if its dirt cheap.

Well there's always the "alternate" method of acquiring games when you dont want to buy them, been quite some time since I did that but I might make an exception here.

4 minutes ago, S w a t s o n said:

Well there's always the "alternate" method of acquiring games when you dont want to buy them, been quite some time since I did that but I might make an exception here.

Nah, just totally dropping this series/dev/publisher....