Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
_StrikE_

Metro Exodus exclusivity deal with Epic Store, But Steam preorders will still be fulfilled

1 hour ago, Delicieuxz said:

And don't be misled by the $50 price of Metro Exodus on Epic

*takes a look at Epic Store* Hmm, it's 59.99€ over here. So, Epic takes an 18% smaller cut, but instead of showing the difference in the cost of the game, the devs just pocket the difference instead.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

3 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

*takes a look at Epic Store* Hmm, it's 59.99€ over here. So, Epic takes an 18% smaller cut, but instead of showing the difference in the cost of the game, the devs just pocket the difference instead.

Nobody will notice anything BUT the USA pricing. It's deceitful that the pricing is lower in the US due to Epic's take, but isn't for the ROW. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

So people are willing to be fucked over by even worse DRM just because publishers get to pocket that extra bit of cash?

Sounds like a sweet ass deal to me! Where do I sign up? /S

Please tag me if you need assistance or if you want me to contribute to a topic 

ASUS RoG STRIX GL502VM

Intel Core i7 7700HQ | GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB DDR4-2133 | 128GB SanDisk M.2 SATA SSD + 1TB 7200RPM Hitachi HDD | 15.6" 1080p IPS monitor @ 60Hz w/ G-SYNC | Windows 10 64-bit

Samsung Galaxy Note8 SM-N950F

Exynos 8895 (4x Mongoose @ 2.3GHz, 4x Cortex A53 @ 1.7GHz)ARM Mali G71 MP20 | 6GB LPDDR4 | 64GB Samsung NAND flash w/ UFS 2.1 dual-lane controller + 128GB SanDisk C10 UHS-I microSD | 6.3" 1440p "Infinity Display" AMOLED | Android Nougat 7.1.1 w/ Samsung Experience 8.5

everyone going mad because of the epic store and nobody talking about that the game will have this piece of shit DRM that rapes your CPU cores

Denuvo.jpg?resize=563,353&ssl=1

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Just now, aezakmi said:

everyone going mad because of the epic store and nobody talking about that the game will have this piece of shit DRM that rapes your CPU cores

The Epic Store as of now also doesn't work without an internet connection. 

So make that 2 

ASUS RoG STRIX GL502VM

Intel Core i7 7700HQ | GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB DDR4-2133 | 128GB SanDisk M.2 SATA SSD + 1TB 7200RPM Hitachi HDD | 15.6" 1080p IPS monitor @ 60Hz w/ G-SYNC | Windows 10 64-bit

Exynos 8895 (4x Mongoose @ 2.3GHz, 4x Cortex A53 @ 1.7GHz)ARM Mali G71 MP20 | 6GB LPDDR4 | 64GB Samsung NAND flash w/ UFS 2.1 dual-lane controller + 128GB SanDisk C10 UHS-I microSD | 6.3" 1440p "Infinity Display" AMOLED | Android Nougat 7.1.1 w/ Samsung Experience 8.5

2 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

Denuvo alone doesn't rape your CPU badly.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

16 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Denuvo alone doesn't rape your CPU badly.

45% CPU usage in AC:O w/o denuvo vs 80% in AC:O with it, same speed and graphics card.

memeuvo.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

12 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

45% CPU usage in AC:O w/o denuvo vs 80% in AC:O with it, same speed and graphics card.

memeuvo.

Both game use Denuvo AND VMProtect. Many believe VMProtect or combination of both hammer CPU usage badly. 

Denuvo alone doesn't rekt CPU usage. 

cpu_1080p.jpg

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

10 hours ago, Chett_Manly said:

Demand...

Image result for princess bride you keep using that word gif

Then why the fuck would they limit their selling options to one crappy store? WTF? Do you even understand how trading and market works?

@Delicieuxz

That's assuming they sell same amount of copies. I have hard time believing a new platform with less features and lame client will muster same sales as well established, feature loaded one. Which is why this smells like a move by shareholders who want money money money and they don't see anything else but money and share cuts. They are so self absorbed into greed they don't even realize they are stabbing themselves to death by doing this. And with this fiasco now, I very much doubt they'll sell ANYWHERE close what they would if they just stayed on Steam, gave Valve their cut and kept their potty mouth shut. Some fanboys will still buy it but huge majority won't.

On 2/3/2019 at 6:08 PM, jagdtigger said:

Exclusivity """deals"""  are just as bad as no competition... :dry:

explain to me how exclusivity deals between launchers are bad for PC gamers

On 2/3/2019 at 6:14 PM, Rohith_Kumar_Sp said:

Metro publishers right about now 

you get that they loose more money if they develop for PC and no one buys it than if they dont make a game for PC at all

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

28 minutes ago, jaggysnake57 said:

Explain to me how exclusivity deals between launchers are bad for PC gamers

Because then you're virtually eliminating proper competition. Launchers and storefronts should compete based on the quality of the services their provide, not based on how many exclusives they can buy. 

It's already been stated that EGS lacks a heap compared to Steam. Features such as user reviews, community features, even an offline mode. Epic's strategy of buying exclusives for a year may help garner attention but it's not the attention that will gather steady and reliable growth over a period of time.

And was it really the developer's choice to arbitrarily limit themselves to a platform where it is likely that the game would not sell near as much as if it was available freely to any storefront that the consumer chooses? 

ASUS RoG STRIX GL502VM

15 minutes ago, jaggysnake57 said:

Because in this case, PC gamers are forced to use an under-cooked and flawed launcher just because Epic Games is making a boat load of money from Fortnite. Instead of inciting people with a compelling alternative to Steam they are just using money to muscle their way into Steam's market share. Here are all the missing features in the Epic Games Launcher. Credit to @Rohith_Kumar_Sp

969803521_EpicGamesMissingFeatures.jpg.1a1cc446148c3b6c2c49e1b69488686a.jpg

No Offline Play and No Cloud Saves, seriously? No user reviews at this stage and when they add them they will be quote:

SOURCE: https://gamerant.com/epic-games-store-review/

Responding to a Twitter user, Epic Games founder Tim Sweeney confirmed that the team is “working on a review system” for the Epic Games Store. It will be based on the review system on the Unreal Engine marketplace, explained Sweeney, who added that the review system would be “opt-in” by developers. This means that it will be up to game developers whether they display user reviews on their game pages or not.

If Bethesda were to launch Fallout 76 on Epic Games Launcher, they could easily just decide not to display user reviews, giving no voice to consumers who want to speak their concerns over a buggy and broken game.

I'm more annoyed at how Epic Games has handled this more than anything. It's one thing to try and compete with Steam, that's fair, but to tie the hands of your consumers and force them to use a half-finished client is next level.

29 minutes ago, jaggysnake57 said:

So in the end, exclusivity allows companies like Epic Games, to entice users to use clients and services that aren't finished or properly designed because the consumer simply has no other choice in the matter. It inherently limits user choice so that's obviously a bad thing for PC gamers.

On 2/4/2019 at 4:13 AM, aezakmi said:

Denuvo.jpg?resize=563,353&ssl=1

Game devs should spend more time protecting consumer rights then protecting there games, that way you won't need protection like Denuvo.

7 minutes ago, Arokhantos said:

Game devs should spend more time protecting consumer rights then protecting there games, that way you won't need protection like Denuvo.

If that happened, EGS from the start would have had user reviews, a fairer refund policy alongside all the other pro-consumer stuff alongside an offline mode and not forcing people to pay a payment processing fee in some countries as the 12% cut isn't able to properly cover expenses in those cases. 

Until game publishers get punished for giving consumers the short end of the stick, shit like this will continue 

ASUS RoG STRIX GL502VM

1 hour ago, ZacoAttaco said:

-snip-

Ok so that list is hilarious

Account sharing – who cares

Achievements – who cares

Broadcasting – ever heard of twitch

Forums – use the dev page

Groups – see forums

Item trading – this one made me laugh, with the amount of scandals and bad press steam marketplace and item trading have received in the past and you use it as a plus for steam. It shows how much of a sheep you are and how you regurgitate things without thinking about what you are regurgitating

Linux and mac – seriously? Are you that desperate? Who cares, Linux has a 1.6% market share and most game don’t make it to mac

Player count data – who cares

Screenshot – print screen

Streaming to other devices – again you just regurgitate without thinking. Steam stopped selling the steam link because its shit. No one cared

User guides – google

Profiles – who cares

User reviews – lets look at the first 2 metro games both very positive reviews until this the last week when they got review bombed. Now tell me how that helps the consumer decided the quality of a game when but hurt little children use the review system to protest? I mean who uses the user reviews to judge a game anymore? Just watch some gameplay and pay attention to social media

No cloud saves, no offline no reginal pricing as of this morning epic announced regional pricing and there looking into reviews. Offline play and cloud save will come and id bet they come soon

You completely ignore the fact that epic have forced steams hand, they must respond. Once steam lowers their rates to devs and they will, then the only way to compete is to entice players over which means better deals and new features

The reality is, epic could launch a platform that matches steams features and even does them better and entrenched, entitled, but hurt steam fanboys and gamers still wouldn’t use it because “praise gaben” epic need to do some thing to crack the market and exclusivity deals are it

But hey you carry on boycotting epic and deep silver, crash their game sales so deep silver abandon the pc market and when epic launcher has died and steam pull the next anti-consumer bullshit let’s all bitch about there being no competition

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Posted · Original PosterOP

I've rarely seen someone twist the answer in his favor so much, kind of reminded me of those parodies with Kim Jong Un.

Processor: Intel i7 6700 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170-HD3 DDR3 | Cooling: Noctua NH-D15

Memory: 16Gb (2x8) Kingston Savage @2400 Mhz DDR3 | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2060 OC Gaming

Power Supply: Seasonic S12II 620w Bronze | Case: Sharkoon M25-W 7.1
OS SDD: Samsung 850 Evo 120 GB | Gaming SDD: AMD Radeon R3 240 GB

Gaming HDD: TOSHIBA DT01ACA300 3TB | Data HDD 1:Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB 

Data HDD 2: Western Digital WD20EZRZ 2TB | Data HDD 3: Toshiba P300 3TB

External DVD-RW: LG GP57ES40

Sound Card: Asus Xonar DG SI 7.1 | Headphones: Hyper X Cloud Core | Speakers: F&D 2.1 A111U

Display: LG 34UM58 34" IPS

Peripherals: Redragon Andromeda Rainbow keyboard/STEELSERIES Rival 110 Mouse/Xbox 360 Gamepad

16 minutes ago, jaggysnake57 said:

Ok so that list is hilarious

Achievements – who cares

Groups – see forums

Item trading – this one made me laugh, with the amount of scandals and bad press steam marketplace and item trading have received in the past and you use it as a plus for steam. It shows how much of a sheep you are and how you regurgitate things without thinking about what you are regurgitating

Linux and mac – seriously? Are you that desperate? Who cares, Linux has a 1.6% market share and most game don’t make it to mac

Player count data – who cares

Screenshot – print screen

Streaming to other devices – again you just regurgitate without thinking. Steam stopped selling the steam link because its shit. No one cared

User guides – google

Profiles – who cares

User reviews – lets look at the first 2 metro games both very positive reviews until this the last week when they got review bombed. Now tell me how that helps the consumer decided the quality of a game when but hurt little children use the review system to protest? I mean who uses the user reviews to judge a game anymore? Just watch some gameplay and pay attention to social media

No cloud saves, no offline no reginal pricing as of this morning epic announced regional pricing and there looking into reviews. Offline play and cloud save will come and id bet they come soon

You completely ignore the fact that epic have forced steams hand, they must respond. Once steam lowers their rates to devs and they will, then the only way to compete is to entice players over which means better deals and new features

The reality is, epic could launch a platform that matches steams features and even does them better and entrenched, entitled, but hurt steam fanboys and gamers still wouldn’t use it because “praise gaben” epic need to do some thing to crack the market and exclusivity deals are it

But hey you carry on boycotting epic and deep silver, crash their game sales so deep silver abandon the pc market and when epic launcher has died and steam pull the next anti-consumer bullshit let’s all bitch about there being no competition

For everyone who doesn't want to read the above post, the user's main point is: "who cares".

2 minutes ago, ZacoAttaco said:

For everyone who doesn't want to read the above post, the user's main point is: "who cares".

dont straw man me thats not what it says

Just now, jaggysnake57 said:

I mean, you're right. I just don't get why you seem to be defending Epic Games Launcher and their clear lack of features and brushing them off with "who cares". This whole, at this point, 14 page thread has come about because people clearly DO care.

5 minutes ago, ZacoAttaco said:

You completely ignore the fact that epic have forced steams hand, they must respond.

You make a valid point here. It encourages Steam and Valve to up their game...

8 minutes ago, ZacoAttaco said:

Once steam lowers their rates to devs and they will, then the only way to compete is to entice players over which means better deals and new features

But you contradict yourself here. The way "to entice players over" to Epic Games Launcher should be "better deals and new features" but Epic is encouraging the exact opposite here. Epic is encouraging Steam to also pursue exclusivity deals because their launcher already has "better deals and new features" when compared to EGL. 

If Epic Games continues down this path the war between Epic and Valve will be won more on exclusive titles than quality of their service and that's my main issue with this. It's a Pandora's Box that won't be closed.

7 minutes ago, ZacoAttaco said:

I think there are some Steam loyalists out there for sure, I wouldn't say they're the majority. Many people enjoy the social and group aspects of Steam and Epic Games Launcher has virtually none at this point so really why should they move?

32 minutes ago, jaggysnake57 said:

It is half of what you said.

Announced features are still things that don't exist yet and that may not exist for a long time if they are ever implemented at all.

As far as the rest is concerned: Just because you don't use/like a feature, doesn't mean it's pointless.

I for one very much think Linux support is important.

Reviews and forums are also important, they provide neutral ground for customers to question/complain without fear of having post deleted. Fallout 76 would have been utterly destroyed in reviews, justifiably so but there aren't many places for users to review it. Yes there is the occasional abuse but that's the price we have to pay to get a voice. This is also easy to sift through if one is looking for serious product reviews.

System specs:

GTX 1050

16GB DDR3

Samsung evo SSD

a few HDD's

Oh boy, this is going to be a long one. 

1 hour ago, jaggysnake57 said:

Achievements – who cares

Groups – see forums

Sure, they may be niche but saying "Who cares" does nothing but show ignorance, especially when Account Sharing and the forums are actually used frequently (even if the latter is a cesspool) 

While I agree that review bombing is childish, you're also ignoring that most of the time, user reviews can be useful, particularly if you make use of the curators feature, which more often than not brings useful and detailed reviews up all the way to the top. Review bombing also tends to be a sign when a game developer/publisher has made a decision that is controversial. 

No, they didn't stop selling the Steam Link because it was shit. They stopped selling the Steam Link STB because after they released the app for smartphones, it was a pointless product. 

Desperate? Whatever you think of it, it is still an objective advantage because those who don't use Windows for whatever reason have a storefront where they can play games. 

I've never seen anything more wrong than this. Yes, there are some Steam fanatics out there but the truth is that had Epic just launched a competitive storefront that is enticing for both developers and consumers, people would try it. People gave GoG a chance because it was promising and had a lot of pro-consumer benefits but it ultimately remained a niche because it didn't entice publishers much. 

Everyone seems to be forgetting that the Epic Store is quite literally a worse form of DRM than Steam. It is so blatantly pro-publisher and anti-consumer that I'm surprised people defend it because "muh competition". 

This is not competition. This is the literal opposite of competing. 

ASUS RoG STRIX GL502VM

All of your retorts to steams features are variations of 'who cares'. And considering they keep being brought up, clearly shows nobody cares...

And yes it will force vavles hand. But there is more than one possible outcome.

1 minute ago, CyanideInsanity said:

And yes it will force vavles hand. But there is more than one possible outcome.

Probably not in the way that people would expect, and frankly, want 

ASUS RoG STRIX GL502VM

9 minutes ago, Demonking said:

Can't wait to see how this games sells

“Please, sir, may I have some more [sales to cover our Steam losses]?” - Little Tim Sweeney

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers