Ac3100 router with Verizon FiOS issue

Travisssss

Hello,

I have an ac3100 with FiOS running to my apartment. I just moved in yesterday so this is a brand new initial setup. I've been on the phone back and forth with Verizon and Asus and no one seems to know why the two aren't working together. I've been assured that FiOS is definitely being provided to my location so I was thinking maybe the wall Ethernet ports are bad but I tried 6 different ports I find it hard to believe they would all be bad. I am completely new to this so please let me know if I'm missing anything. I won't rule anything out at this point no matter how obvious it sounds.

Sorry I forgot to say what the actual problem is. The router is telling me the cable is unplugged but I've tried every Ethernet ports in this apartment and they all say the same thing.

you own the asus router? isn't fios cable internet? is the coax connected to the asus? 

I'm not using coax I was told Ethernet would be fine.

2 minutes ago, Travisssss said:

I'm not using coax I was told Ethernet would be fine.

is there a wan port on the asus? this is comming from the fios equipment. Maybe you need to set the vlan on the asus router. My fiber isp you need to do this

Thanks, yeah there is a wan port and that's what I have connected via Ethernet to the wall.

can you log into the router? if that ethernet is active you should get an ip you can see on the main page. Also some have an indicator light that says connected to internet.

Got  feeling you are not connecting up the right cable

I can go to the router configuration and as far as I can tell everything looks to be correct it's just the router keeps telling me the Ethernet cable is unplugged. Got on the phone with Verizon again they're double checking everything on their end.

15 minutes ago, Travisssss said:

I can go to the router configuration and as far as I can tell everything looks to be correct it's just the router keeps telling me the Ethernet cable is unplugged. Got on the phone with Verizon again they're double checking everything on their end.

Sounds like the Ethernet jacks might not be wired to the ONT. Thats what you gotta figure out. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Ya so I called another lady she's having me mess with the ONT now.

If you connect your computer directly to the ONT’s ethernet port and have DHCP set (“obtain IP address automatically”) then your computer should get online. As far as ethernet in your apartment is concerned, usually that all runs back to a single location and the lines in each room are useless if the other ends in that one location aren’t connected to anything.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: