The $100,000 PC LIVES!

nicklmg

I still want to see the AMD version, surely they'd want to send over some EPYC stuff to compete and compare? Maybe when 7nm EPYC is out?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

19 hours ago, alex.vyverman said:

Strange choice, but I've been doing similar stuff with Freenas, so I get the idea.
Thx

Well the reason why they use Unraid is mainly because they need to be able to manage their storage (freenas can do that too) and run VM's with GPU passthrough (which freenas can't).

That combination in 1 OS is quite rare so it makes sense for this project to get unraid.

It might be a strange choice because they have strange requirements ?

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Ok you told you want to go the 100G way. I've a demo Setup in my Work Lab with a Mellanox MSN2700-CS2F & MCX416A-CCAT and some QSFP28 DAC's running well. Main Target of this setup is to show the 300G NVMe Storage box underneath it (delivered by memorysolution).

I would not do VM Storage on the Optane Drive, because if you have (dual or quad) 100GbE you will not have the need for local drive, because the latency will be unfeelable low.

For Passthrough - I recommend to forward one USB Controller to each VM so any device will be on the VM when plugged in the "right" card.

IMG_3652x.thumb.jpg.3e69a5c33fabdf63b4961a9c552f6cd9.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Have you tried the GTX 1060 Mining cards with this (without flashed firmware etc)? Wondering it would work with the passthrough and workaround to get other 10x series cards working.