The Plague Doctor

MPC

lH7bLIV.jpg

The project "The Plague Doctor" was born after the vision of the Lazzaretto in Venice that was a structure used in the seventeenth century to accommodate the patients who had infected the plague that was spreading in Italy at that time and the famous novel by Alessandro Manzoni, "I promessi sposi ". Characteristic are the garments used by the doctors of that period: a mask in the shape of a beak as a respirator to keep away the bad smells considered, at the time, the trigger for epidemics; water repellent dress in waxed canvas with gloves, shoes and wide-brimmed hat.

The project requires the use of two cabinets, Level 20 GT and Core P90. The idea is to cover the exterior of the cabinets to give a shape that gives the idea of a historic hospital building using different materials such as brick, tiles and windows. This solution appeared to me after seeing the exterior of the hospital, now in disuse, of Poveglia, still in Venice. The interior, on the other hand, will be decorated with scale objects by doctors of the plague and much more so as to reflect the rooms of a hospital of the time. The P90 cabinet is perfect to be adapted as "waterstation" and also from the roof of this building, in fact it will be positioned above the Level 20 GT in a horizontal way.

Some images of a small part of the objects that will be used in the project. Specifically they are: historical surgical kit, historical syringes and finally very old pharmacy bottles.

PGKV7ju.jpg

dYEFa2S.jpg

N7gcDar.jpg

SmdETnE.jpg

GJFUcf0.jpg

9O3zFv5.jpg

BJXZcYO.jpg

Sponsor by :

iMzeFf1.jpg

ONbmLfl.png

fk6OEH0.jpg

3xbaB6m.jpg

QqEDco3.png

Stay tuned...

I really like where this is going...

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

9 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I really like where this is going...

Thanks for the trust ? 

Surely the material used will be very much and also very refined. Before starting this project I did a lot of research especially to understand which material is best suited to the theme and soon I will show you some unique pieces !

45 minutes ago, MPC said:

Thanks for the trust ? 

Surely the material used will be very much and also very refined. Before starting this project I did a lot of research especially to understand which material is best suited to the theme and soon I will show you some unique pieces !

Where did you get the mask and accessories?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

5 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Where did you get the mask and accessories?

I took the mask right in Venice where the "Venetian Carnival" with masked costumes is very famous.
The other items on the web while the surgical kit I got as a gift. They are all historical pieces, in fact I will handle them with care.
Those shown are only a small part of the material that I will use for this project. You will also see beautiful ones with photos of other objects ??

4 hours ago, MPC said:

Some images of a small part of the objects that will be used in the project. Specifically they are: historical surgical kit, historical syringes and finally very old pharmacy bottles.

Followed! I have confidence that this'll be a good build.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Following this closely...

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

I am a little scared after seeing the surgical kit.?

My Rig

HP Omen 16 | 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13700HX | 16 GB DDR5 RAM | NVIDIA Geforce RTX 4060 8 GB | 512GB PCIe Gen4 NVMe TLC M.2 SSD |

16.1-inch (40.9 cm) 1920 x 1080 165Hz | RGB Backlit Keyboard |

On 1/27/2019 at 10:26 PM, Geography said:

Followed! I have confidence that this'll be a good build.

Thank you so much for your trust !
The design, the idea and the choice of the material to be used has taken a lot of time because this is a specific theme and therefore the material must also be. To make the idea, I had to realize the hospital beds with a bed base from scratch on my design. Later I will show them and I think that already only those are worth the wait to follow this project.
I am a person who always tries new challenges by always presenting something special and never monotonous.

The difficult thing in doing modding is to have imagination in finding the right theme and finally, but very important, to find the right material.

Fortunately, I do not miss these things ?

On 1/28/2019 at 3:43 AM, SenpaiKaplan said:

Following this closely...

Thank you very much ?

15 hours ago, Tech Guru said:

I am a little scared after seeing the surgical kit.?

ahahaha also scared me the first time I touched with the hand for the simple fact that historically has been really used on people but this should not make you move away from following this project ?

11 hours ago, LordChristoff said:

10/10 Love plague doctors OP. 

You should have Apocalypse Orchestra playing, every time you boot it up. 

Great and you will like it even more when you see the update below with the doctors of the plague in miniature but with a fantastic detail ?

Excellent idea for music. I could use it for some video presentation of the project. Thank you so much for the idea, I really care about it !

The exterior of the project will represent a historic building and will reflect the architectural line of the time so it will be used of suitable material such as brick, tiles and windows both for the side facades and for the roof. The interior, instead, will be decorated with material in 1:12 scale and will be: bookcase, staircase, double door, carpet, small bottle and test tubes. The material used does not end here because there will also be: hospital beds, desk with chair, books, candles, oil lamps, medical notebook and geographical map.

To complete the work, plague doctors will obviously be there to take care of their patients. They are extremely detailed as a representation and made of resin.

R4aqrya.jpg

nQ0WcJ4.jpg

0lsYO6Z.jpg

ERizJ1t.jpg

pn0f05g.jpg

CGjmgMZ.jpg

YJ76Xml.jpg

Je981en.jpg

NTnY5SB.jpg

WbOnAyy.jpg

lk8UV6f.jpg

lawW0QK.jpg

L6wTJm6.jpg

PKuXyjx.jpg

LtFHhj6.jpg

UxpKXku.jpg

OJC5lei.jpg

gYKcs9r.jpg

qXaWbrg.jpg

zGI8oeY.jpg

G24USyw.jpg

fZCtJSB.jpg

1ZUMEhI.jpg

pxeMwEQ.jpg

iaEgz4U.jpg

6 hours ago, MPC said:

ahahaha also scared me the first time I touched with the hand for the simple fact that historically has been really used on people but this should not make you move away from following this project ?

Yup,No doubt?

followed!

My Rig

HP Omen 16 | 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13700HX | 16 GB DDR5 RAM | NVIDIA Geforce RTX 4060 8 GB | 512GB PCIe Gen4 NVMe TLC M.2 SSD |

16.1-inch (40.9 cm) 1920 x 1080 165Hz | RGB Backlit Keyboard |

15 hours ago, Tech Guru said:

Yup,No doubt?

followed!

Thank you ?

Just a suggestion - to make the thread easier to navigate you could use spoilers to hide the images

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

13 hours ago, Sauron said:

Just a suggestion - to make the thread easier to navigate you could use spoilers to hide the images

Thanks for the suggestion even if I do not prefer the spoilers because they limit the vision of the work phases.

Welcome to the thread :)

The plague doctors welcome you to their new home both day and night.

They thank Thermaltake for the fantastic RGB furnishing !

MNBinN5.jpg

tikMLBQ.jpg

OmShiSO.jpg

rAqIDo7.jpg

HVFi40p.jpg

dOOcJJ1.jpg

BeLzBnT.jpg

Rct16qq.jpg

gBdelW3.jpg

nhyS952.jpg

oxGA02Z.jpg

N1NIOHE.jpg

aQlsxV7.jpg

i1ThWnh.jpg

Now this is build idea I didn't saw before. I am quite curious about the case building aspect, gonna be more than interesting I bet. :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Thanks Frankie !
I am a person who loves challenges. I never have a reference line but I try to realize more and more specific modding projects.
They are not simple modifications of a front or a midplate but a distortion that allows the perfect integration of the theme chosen for the project.
These projects being very particular it is also difficult to find the right material to make them. This is a main challenge of modding !

Under study. It is possible to see concretely the idea of creating a building with its roof, the Core P90 cabinet.

RxyctJK.jpg

BhXkZ1p.jpg

IV5YiVY.jpg

Yc21gRe.jpg

r2kwSdd.jpg

rOdsCpy.jpg

VnNtMYB.jpg

After the study phase, CAD drawing and CAM toolpaths for panels that will be connected 360 radiator and pump-tank combo in our waterstation, Core P90.

lH5Cn7f.jpg

gmgkQGZ.jpg

U16Naxb.jpg

66GjX4V.jpg

Wow, this is going to be cool. I guess I’m going to have to actually pay attention to these boards now. 

On 2/14/2019 at 12:10 PM, zubiecup99 said:

Wow, this is going to be cool. I guess I’m going to have to actually pay attention to these boards now. 

Thank you very much !

You are welcome ;)