Old Photos Off of a Flip Phone

ElectricGeckos

I need help trying to get some old photos off of my parents old 2003-6ish flip phone.

The phone has a micro USB port.

The phone won't even connect with my PC, even looked in Device Manager to see if anything showed up under Ports(COM & LPT).

Is all hope lost for this if it won't show up?

IMG_20190109_153345221.jpg

IMG_20190109_153358781.jpg

IMG_20190109_153455787.jpg

I have a similar Samsung flip phone (newer model) and that USB port is just for charging. To get photos off the phone, I had to get a BlueTooth (BT) dongle for my Win 7 computers and pair it up with the BT on the phone. The dongle I used was made by ASUS. I had tried another brand earlier and never could get it to work. I have two of the ASUS dongles and both work fine with the machine they are used in.

Pairing up the dongle with the BT on the phone is a bit of a nightmare at first. I had to try umpteen different things to figure out how to get it done and don't remember the exact procedure (I couldn't find the info on the "interwebz" either) but I made progress once I discovered an obscure program on Windows called fsquirt.exe (thank, you, MS, for giving it such an intuitive name ? ).

If your phone does have built in BT, see if you can find a manual for that phone online and start with the directions there for transferring the photos via BT. Another way that may be available if the phone has the right plan for it is to email or text the photos.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

• 3 weeks later...

Just now got around to this again.

I was able to link the phone to my pc by Bluetooth, but I can't send the photos from the phone to my pc, and I can't access the files from my pc.