NEED HELP I BOUGHT A LOT OF RANDOM PC PARTS

I bought a lot of computer parts the other night when I was high. I just need help finding compatible parts to finish the already started build. I bought a water cooling CPU cooler and I'm almost positive it won't work with my motherboard. 

I'm asking for anyone to help me find good compatible motherboards and cases for the motherboards to go with a CPU that requires an LGA 1155.

here are the links to the stuff I bought:

MSI Radeon RX 570     https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137291

Fan Power Splitter Cable 4 pin     https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812423161

Ripjaw ram 2gb x 2  https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1K64262292

CORSAIR water cooler    https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181029

here's the stuff I have:

intel core i5 2400 LGA1155

2gb x 2 RAM

Hard drive (not an SSD) :(

and of course plenty of cables

and a case with bad mounting screws

A lot of different fans most with 5 pins

if anyone can help me figure out the right things I should buy to put this together, that would be great.

looking for a case and a motherboard that will work for gaming.

1 minute ago, llammaaa said:

when I was high

Weird flex but okay

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

8 minutes ago, llammaaa said:

I bought a lot of computer parts the other night when I was high

you can return them all especially if they are unopened

1 minute ago, emosun said:

you can return them all especially if they are unopened

I actually don't want to if there's a way I can make them work

Where are you? Will help to find local parts.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

1 minute ago, keskparane said:

I'm in Augusta GA, but I can order off the internet if needed.

2 minutes ago, llammaaa said:

I actually don't want to if there's a way I can make them work

I think you probably should return some thing as that build would only be based on an i5 2400 which isn't very good and with 4 different sticks of ram that only equal 8gb thats not too great either. the water cooler is somewhat useless as well as the maximum overclock on an i5 2400 will still make it much slower than a lot of entry level cpu's

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

1 minute ago, markr54632 said:

You are the second person to bring up that motherboard in 15 minutes. It is very proprietary.

I've never had a problem running proprietary boards. They either support a standard or they don't. These days drivers are usually always found on manufacturers website.

7 minutes ago, emosun said:

I think you probably should return some thing as that build would only be based on an i5 2400 which isn't very good and with 4 different sticks of ram that only equal 8gb thats not too great either. the water cooler is somewhat useless as well as the maximum overclock on an i5 2400 will still make it much slower than a lot of entry level cpu's

actually, miss typed, I have 6gb of ram right now. And my CPU seems to do well in processing overclocked to 3.4ghz 

3 minutes ago, markr54632 said:

You are the second person to bring up that motherboard in 15 minutes. It is very proprietary.

For that matter Gigabyte, Asus, Asrock, Msi, etc all run their own proprietary apps.

14 minutes ago, keskparane said:

are local parts cheaper? or something?

2 minutes ago, llammaaa said:

are local parts cheaper? or something?

Well I won't list international parts because it's usually a hassle. Especially if you needed to return etc.

32 minutes ago, llammaaa said:

when I was high

BnlzkhU.jpg

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Well I won't list international parts because it's usually a hassle. Especially if you needed to return etc.

Yeah, the majority of the parts I bought are non-returnable... so i see that now

Although I see @markr54632 reckons it doesn't have standard mounting holes. If that's the case then it could be a problem. Assuming that's correct then you could prob find something like an old optiplex case with board perhaps?

Although it looks pretty standard to me.

honestly, have no idea if that motherboard would work with all these parts. this is my first pc build.

Although I see @markr54632 reckons it doesn't have standard mounting holes. If that's the case then it could be a problem. Assuming that's correct then you could prob find something like an old optiplex case with board perhaps?

good idea

1 hour ago, keskparane said:

Although it looks pretty standard to me.

It has standard mounting holes, and drivers are very easy to find. The front i/o is that 30 pin connector down at the bottom. Without a factory front io panel you cannot get through post without overriding several warnings. The pin pitch is not standard, so you cannot just plug front io in period. The power switch is a wonderful little 5 pin plug that requires a factory power switch or at least the cable in order to hook a power switch up.

Offering an app is not proprietary. Differring from official spec is.

Honestly you should return the crap that you bought and start with a fresh slate.

The i5 you have is pretty much worthless and 1155 motherboards are legacy. That means any board that's worth a damn is going to cost more than worth.

Either get a cheap prebuilt and upgrade the psu and graphics card or build a super budget ryzen build.

1 hour ago, markr54632 said:

It has standard mounting holes, and drivers are very easy to find. The front i/o is that 30 pin connector down at the bottom. Without a factory front io panel you cannot get through post without overriding several warnings. The pin pitch is not standard, so you cannot just plug front io in period. The power switch is a wonderful little 5 pin plug that requires a factory power switch or at least the cable in order to hook a power switch up.

Offering an app is not proprietary. Differring from official spec is.

Those OEM boards, while not using standard connectors, are fairly easy to figure out. That board uses a fairly standard switch style. It's got 5 pins, so likely 2 to light the LED indicator, 2 for the actual switch, 1 for ????, then profit. No but seriously, that's one of the least proprietary board around. I've gotten worse up and working, just poke around and short pairs of pins together, the board will power on, then connect a normal power switch to those two pins.

But I will agree, 1155 is dead, even Haswell is getting long in the tooth but starting to lower in price to where it's $/performance is attractive. Also Haswell is less power hoggy than the earlier Core stuff so it runs cooler and gives same or better performance. OE socket 1150 stuff is also cheap on eBay, like a HP Memphis-B board.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Envy-700-214-Motherboard-Intel-i5-4440-16GB-DDR3-Win10-32GB-mSata-Read/163508040314?epid=1340372946&hash=item2611d6b27a:g:FCYAAOSwgb1cTMOj:rk:2:pf:0

I mean look at that, you can't beat that deal! That's basically a working system with OS installed for $133 shipped to your door. Pop in your video card when it comes in and you'll have a fairly competent system. Heck if I didn't just buy some stuff I'd snap that up, that's really a great price. It's basically like getting the motherboard for free, the RAM and CPU together cost that much.

30 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Those OEM boards, while not using standard connectors, are fairly easy to figure out. That board uses a fairly standard switch style. It's got 5 pins, so likely 2 to light the LED indicator, 2 for the actual switch, 1 for ????, then profit. No but seriously, that's one of the least proprietary board around. I've gotten worse up and working, just poke around and short pairs of pins together, the board will power on, then connect a normal power switch to those two pins. 

But I will agree, 1155 is dead, even Haswell is getting long in the tooth but starting to lower in price to where it's $/performance is attractive. Also Haswell is less power hoggy than the earlier Core stuff so it runs cooler and gives same or better performance. OE socket 1150 stuff is also cheap on eBay, like a HP Memphis-B board.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Envy-700-214-Motherboard-Intel-i5-4440-16GB-DDR3-Win10-32GB-mSata-Read/163508040314?epid=1340372946&hash=item2611d6b27a:g:FCYAAOSwgb1cTMOj:rk:2:pf:0

I mean look at that, you can't beat that deal! That's basically a working system with OS installed for $133 shipped to your door. Pop in your video card when it comes in and you'll have a fairly competent system. Heck if I didn't just buy some stuff I'd snap that up, that's really a great price. It's basically like getting the motherboard for free, the RAM and CPU together cost that much.

I have gotten worse to work as well, but if you want that board to post without having to override several warnings it is a royal nightmare. If you just want the power button to work, then yes it is a matter of shorting 2 pins, but it will stop every time you turn the pc on and tell you that power switch cable has failed, press f12 to override. Does it work, meh its not a great experience.

The front panel header uses 2mm pitch, so you either need a factory cable, or you need to make an adapter to hook anything to it, personally I used a factory cable and soldered my adapter from that. there are other ways to go about it.

Its honestly more effort than I have to put in to get most server boards working.

5 hours ago, markr54632 said:

I have gotten worse to work as well, but if you want that board to post without having to override several warnings it is a royal nightmare. If you just want the power button to work, then yes it is a matter of shorting 2 pins, but it will stop every time you turn the pc on and tell you that power switch cable has failed, press f12 to override. Does it work, meh its not a great experience.

The front panel header uses 2mm pitch, so you either need a factory cable, or you need to make an adapter to hook anything to it, personally I used a factory cable and soldered my adapter from that. there are other ways to go about it.

Its honestly more effort than I have to put in to get most server boards working.

I have that particular HP board from the ebay sale here for testing stuff in, I'll drop in a CPU and some RAM and see how bad it is to get to start up with just the bare minimum in it and report back later today. Seriously, that's a nice price! I need to move on from Haswell, I'm getting saturated.

As for the pin pitch, de-terminal the standard power switch connector, sleeve the terminals in heat shrink, slide them onto the motherboard one at a time or just buy a bag of single terminal plastic connectors and pop the terminals into those. Some of my front panel switch/LED sets on cases are all single terminal anyway, which while annoying does make boards like that easy to connect to. I have some nice industrial tweezers for getting my dumb meat hooks into tight spaces.

5 hours ago, Bitter said:

I have that particular HP board from the ebay sale here for testing stuff in, I'll drop in a CPU and some RAM and see how bad it is to get to start up with just the bare minimum in it and report back later today. Seriously, that's a nice price! I need to move on from Haswell, I'm getting saturated.

As for the pin pitch, de-terminal the standard power switch connector, sleeve the terminals in heat shrink, slide them onto the motherboard one at a time or just buy a bag of single terminal plastic connectors and pop the terminals into those. Some of my front panel switch/LED sets on cases are all single terminal anyway, which while annoying does make boards like that easy to connect to. I have some nice industrial tweezers for getting my dumb meat hooks into tight spaces.

That solves 1 of about 15 issues you run into with that board. It still doesnt solve the power button issue at all. You still have a disappearing sata port, 4 or 5 warnings you need to override every single boot. They are not able to be turned off in bios.

The case I use for testing is old enough to have everything pinned individually. Kind of sad this went away.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Need-a-detailed-Manual-for-Pegatron-Memphis-B-Motherboard/td-p/6451187

Here's the front panel power/reset/status LED pinout for that Pegatron Memphis-B board. I'm working on swapping a G1820 from a HP 800 G1 SFF into this board to test with. The OE heatsink is actually fairly good, enough to cool an i7, no problem for an i5 (which is basically a crippled i7). It's more robust than the OE Intel thermal solution which ships free with your CPU purchase, about twice the fin area height and a better fan with a much much better heatsink retention with actual spring bolts threaded into a back plate WHICH awesomely enough is part of the CPU retention mechanism and follows standard Intel heatsink spacing so you can swap it to another board and use it on other systems.

Disappearing SATA port? Snatching the monitor, keyboard, and mouse off this system to boot the HP board off USB into Ubuntu, log in, and report my findings. ? I'll take some phone shots of the BIOS errors I run into. I'm sure it might complain about the wrong CPU at least once and the lack of HDD. I need a hardware KVM switch....