Single player game recommendations?

markr54632

I was curious if anyone had some solid single player recommendations? I absolutely do not game online and have no interest in doing so.

Mostly enjoy platformers and puzzle games. The occasional story driven fps is okay. If I can play with a controller it's a huge plus. 

If you haven't played through Portal and Portal 2 yet, do that.

Both of those usually go really low during the big sales, I think I've seen it go as low as $5 for both as a bundle.

Destiny 2 isn't strictly singleplayer, but the campaign is pretty good.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Give The Talos Principle a shot. It's absolutely fantastic.

"uhhhhhhhhhh yeah id go with the 2600 its a good value for the money"

Maybe take a look a Factorio, usually I don't play single player games at all except that one.

CPU: I9-7900X RAM: 64GB (16X4) DDR4-2933 GPU: RTX 3080 MOBO: ASUS X299 Deluxe PSU: Corsair RM850 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 PRO 1TB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB Case: Corsair iCUE 465X Cooler: Corsair 280 AIO

Borderlands 1, 2, TPS

Batman Arkham Asylum, City, Origins, Knight

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Bios hock starting from the first 

CPU:R9 3900x@4.5Ghz RAM:Vengeance Pro LPX @ 3200mhz MOBO:MSI Tomohawk B350 GPU:PNY GTX 1080 XLR8

DRIVES:500GB Samsung 970 Pro + Patriot Blast 480GB x2 + 12tb RAID10 NAS

MONITORS:Pixio PX329 32inch 1440p 165hz, LG 34UM68-p 1080p 75hz

4 hours ago, markr54632 said:

I was curious if anyone had some solid single player recommendations? I absolutely do not game online and have no interest in doing so.

Mostly enjoy platformers and puzzle games. The occasional story driven fps is okay. If I can play with a controller it's a huge plus. 

Assasin's Creed, the O's are not too bad.

Final Fantasy (especially X/X-2 and XII, maybe the 13 series)...

The Last Remnant

Darksiders (mostly 2nd)

Nier: Automata

Ryse Son of Rome

Quantum Break

Tales of Berserie, Symphonia and/or Zestiria

Tomb Raider (2013), Rise and Shadow of the Tomb Raider

If you like Plattform Puzzle (easy): LEGO Games.

If you like Mass Hack and Slash Games, for example Dragon Quest Heroes (II)

With the puzzle thing, I'd highly recommend the new Tomb Raider Games...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Ghost of a tale is on sale. 4.7/5~

i think it’s 10/10 though for what it is. Definitely get it. I loved it & I’m an FPS guy. 

Also made 100% by one guy. He did everything. 

Psychonauts is popular. 

Oddworld games should be up your alley too. I played a ton of munch’s odyssey buy you can start at the beginning with the 2D games. 

If you can play conker, do it. 

Games I like:

Space marine

dawn of war dark crusade

darkwood

Stalker

titanfall 2 (beat it 3-4 times)

Mirrors edge is okay but popular. 

Metro series

Fallout 3,4, and New Vegas, Skyrim, Shadow of Mordor/War, Subnautica, Castlevania: Mirror of Fate.

Thank you all for the suggestions. I actually have alot of these. This gives me a great idea on which ones to look at to start next.

Not the platformer, or puzzle type, but Witcher 3 is a must do. Just finished it few days back for the first time, and was blown away. Give it a shot. 

Tomb Raider reboot 1,2,3 as mentioned, Remember Me, Gears od War 4 maybe... 

45 minutes ago, filippalfi said:

Not the platformer, or puzzle type, but Witcher 3 is a must do. Just finished it few days back for the first time, and was blown away. Give it a shot. 

Tomb Raider reboot 1,2,3 as mentioned, Remember Me, Gears od War 4 maybe... 

I'd that an mmorpg? If it requires internet connection I cant really play. My upload speed is usually under 56 kbps.

I like the tomb raider reboot.

5 minutes ago, markr54632 said:

I'd that an mmorpg? If it requires internet connection I cant really play. My upload speed is usually under 56 kbps.

I like the tomb raider reboot.

Nah, all of those are single player, except GoW4, but it has single player campaign aswell. 

Hollow Knight

Ori and the Blind Forest

Guacamelee

These are just some platformers I enjoyed recently. If you like roguelikes then also Darkest Dungeon and Rogue Legacy.

3 minutes ago, Mike171 said:

images (12).jpeg

I get that this was supposed to be funny, but I actually had a book just like that ages ago. 

On 1/26/2019 at 4:45 AM, markr54632 said:

Thank you all for the suggestions. I actually have alot of these. This gives me a great idea on which ones to look at to start next.

Did you have any of mine? :P

(Quote in spoiler)

Spoiler
On 1/26/2019 at 3:12 AM, fpo said:

Ghost of a tale is on sale. 4.7/5~

i think it’s 10/10 though for what it is. Definitely get it. I loved it & I’m an FPS guy. 

Also made 100% by one guy. He did everything. 

Psychonauts is popular. 

Oddworld games should be up your alley too. I played a ton of munch’s odyssey buy you can start at the beginning with the 2D games. 

If you can play conker, do it. 

Games I like:

Space marine

dawn of war dark crusade

darkwood

Stalker

titanfall 2 (beat it 3-4 times)

Mirrors edge is okay but popular. 

Metro series

Witcher 3 Game of the year edition. You get at least 100 hours of content plus it's one of the best game i have played. Usually good deals on Steam or Good Old Games, got mine for 27$ and have 130 hours and just finished the main game but not all side quests yet.

Far Cry 5 if you can get a deal on it. The game is quite long and visuals are great.

4 hours ago, fpo said:

Did you have any of mine? :P

(Quote in spoiler)

Hide contents

From your list I had psychonauts, odd world new and tasty, I have abes exodus on ps1 as well, space marine (xbox 360). 

Mirrors edge looked eerily similar to remember me, so that looks super promising.

2 hours ago, Franck said:

Witcher 3 Game of the year edition. You get at least 100 hours of content plus it's one of the best game i have played. Usually good deals on Steam or Good Old Games, got mine for 27$ and have 130 hours and just finished the main game but not all side quests yet.

Far Cry 5 if you can get a deal on it. The game is quite long and visuals are great.

I actually tried the farcry series and found them too hard for me.

As for the witcher is sounds great, but I have a real issue getting into RPGs. It is not often that I get to play something for more than 15-20 minutes at a time. 

Same concept for open world games. I end up exploring the same area 3-4 times and lose interest.

I will play an rpg if I can get it on a portable system or my phone.

Cat Quest (platformer-ish RPG)...

It's really cute lol. ?

Castle Crashers, BattleBlock Theater, Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons,

Dead Island, Dishonored, Octodad, We Happy Few, & Wolfenstein.

I tried to pick some that were different and not mentioned. ?

Bought an i5, got an i7. Thanks Amazon.

Spoiler

Specs:

CPU: i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper Evo 212 | Motherboard: MSI Z97 SLI Krait Edition | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070 Windforce OC 8GB | RAM: 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport @ 1600 MHz | Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper | HDD: Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | PSU: EVGA 750P2 80+ | Monitor: Acer 21.5" 1080p & Samsung 27" Curved 1080p | Keyboard & Mouse: Cooler Master Storm Octane Combo | Headset: Logitech G35 | Speakers: Logitech Z313 | OS: Windows 10 Home

On 1/26/2019 at 12:44 AM, markr54632 said:

The resident evil series are some of the most greatest games i’ve ever played and i would really recommend giving it a shot, great story, great graphics generally just a bunch of great games.