Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stormseeker9

Safari 12 in iOS keeps logging me out of LTT

Posted · Original PosterOP

As the title explains,

Suddenly sinxe 3 days every time I go onto LTT it wants me to login and I do that via steam. Steam keeps sending me a email with a code to login - so it’s quite a hassle to login via my phone. Before this I was just always logged in, no issues. 

I dont have these issues issues on my PC or MacBook or iPad, only on my iPhone.

iphone model: iPhone XR 256GB

ios version: 12.0.1

browser: Safari 12 

has anyone else encountered this issue ?

thanks 

MoBo: MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon ACCPU: Ryzen 2700x 1.36V @ 4.15GhZ  | Cooler: NZXT  Kraken X52  GPU: MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour +186MhZ /+500MhZ | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX (2*8) 16GB 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2Nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSDPSU: RM550x (2018) | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C white |  Mouse: Logitech G pro Wireless | MonitorGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

2 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

ios version: 12.0.1

I don't think that is the latest version of iOS. Is there an update available, because that could fix it?

Otherwise, we haven't changed anything on the forum, and don't do anything weird with cookies, so it sounds like it might be a Safari issue. Can you try clearing your cache+cookies, and see if that helps?

I don't work for Floatplane Media, so any Floatplane comments that I make are my own and may be incorrect or in conflict with the official view.

For Floatplane support, please use the wizard linked in this topic

if you're using private mode, I'm pretty sure that clears out all of your cookies when safari gets unloaded

I've seen a couple of people use private mode over regular mode for some reason for regular browsing.. 

i7 3770k @ 1.3v 4.0GHz | 2x8GB CAS9 1600MHz | Radeon VII | ASUS P8Z77-V LE | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

You have to be sure that you are not in private browsing mode, that you allow websites to remember your credentials. 

I personally made my own LTT account, that way if anything gets compromised, just LTT is lost. 

Laptop: 2016 13" nTB MacBook Pro Core i5 | Phone: iPhone 6s Plus 64GB Wearables: Apple Watch Sport Series 2 CPU: R5 2600 | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 8GB 2666 | GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 4GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 10 | Storage: 480GB PNY SSD & 2TB WD Green HDD | PSU: Corsair CX600M | Display: Dell UZ2215H 21.5" 1080p, ViewSonic VX2450wm-LED 23.6" 1080p, Samsung SyncMaster 940BX 19" 1024p | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G303 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball

1 hour ago, DrMacintosh said:

I personally made my own LTT account, that way if anything gets compromised, just LTT is lost. 

If you mean that you sign in using a password rather than steam/google/etc, all we get from those services is a token that lets us look up your name, picture and email, so if we were compromised it wouldn't cause the other site's account to become compromised. There are still good reasons for using a password to sign in rather than a third party service, but risk of the third party service's account being compromised by an LTT breach isn't one.

I don't work for Floatplane Media, so any Floatplane comments that I make are my own and may be incorrect or in conflict with the official view.

For Floatplane support, please use the wizard linked in this topic

@SkyHound0202 @colonel_mortis @DrMacintosh @themctipers

Sorry for my late answer. 

Not using private browsing mode. Im aware im not on the newest ios, I shall update it and see if that rectifies the problem. if not I shall try clearing cache & cookies.

Ill update you once i've done it! thanks for the help

MoBo: MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon ACCPU: Ryzen 2700x 1.36V @ 4.15GhZ  | Cooler: NZXT  Kraken X52  GPU: MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour +186MhZ /+500MhZ | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX (2*8) 16GB 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2Nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSDPSU: RM550x (2018) | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C white |  Mouse: Logitech G pro Wireless | MonitorGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

2 hours ago, Stormseeker9 said:

@SkyHound0202 @colonel_mortis @DrMacintosh @themctipers

Sorry for my late answer. 

Not using private browsing mode. Im aware im not on the newest ios, I shall update it and see if that rectifies the problem. if not I shall try clearing cache & cookies.

Ill update you once i've done it! thanks for the help

After updating to the newest iOS issue disappeared. Must of been a bug in safari for sure.

Thanks for your help!