(PC) Need a game suggestion, details inside post

Radium_Angel

I'm not much of a gamer, but I wish to stress test my new PC with a game of some sort. Requirements below:

FPS - I choose FPS because I assume (perhaps incorrectly? Feel free to correct) they are resource intensive.

Steam - for free or less than 5$ (I have a credit there of 5$)

Less then 50gig of space - Which is all I have free on my nVME drive, as most is taken up with WoT and Armoured Warfare.

I'm requesting a game, rather than some kind of artificial benchmark, as "playability" differs for  each person. What may be perfectly fine for me, isn't for you and so forth, and benchmarks offer little in the way of concrete results (for me)

So, suggestions?

For the record, and I know it won't get fully used, I have 20 cores and 40 threads in my twin Xeons to play with, 32GB ECC RAM (yeah, it's a workstation) and the option for twin GTX 660s.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I was going to say GTA V, but that game is freaking huge. Maybe try a new Call of Duty multiplayer or singleplayer game.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

Just now, mxk. said:

Call of Duty

Is is less than 5$?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

Is is less than 5$?

oh shit I didn't read that. You might be able to get a copy off of G2A or kinguin or something. One of the non flagship ones, like cod bo4 or one from like a year or two ago.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

Just now, mxk. said:

oh shit I didn't read that. You might be able to get a copy off of G2A or kinguin or something. One of the non flagship ones, like cod bo4 or one from like a year or two ago.

Non flagship is fine, what does BO4 mean? Is that part of the CoD franchise or something separate entirely? (like I said, I"m not much of a gamer, many of these acronyms are over my head)

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

Non flagship is fine, what does BO4 mean? Is that part of the CoD franchise or something separate entirely? (like I said, I"m not much of a gamer, many of these acronyms are over my head)

Treyarch makes all the black ops call of duty games.

black ops 1     bo1

black ops 2 (best one, kinda old though)     bo2

black ops 3         bo3

black ops 4        bo4

btw, mega typo, bo4 is from this year, so maybe bo3.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

1 minute ago, mxk. said:

Treyarch makes all the black ops call of duty games.

black ops 1     bo1

black ops 2 (best one, kinda old though)     bo2

black ops 3         bo3

black ops 4        bo4

btw, mega typo, bo4 is from this year, so maybe bo3.

Thx, I'll look into them.

Thx, I'll look into them.

don't worry about bo2 and bo1, unless theres a bundle or something. My poopy PC, even when it had my 960 2gb I could run bo2 multiplayer with 30 people in a game with ease. My integrated GPU in my a8-6600k actually is able to run it without a card.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

How about Warframe. It's completely free FPS and very very good visuals. Some of the best on the market at this very moment. Destiny 2 if you had a Blizzard account and claimed it when i was free is more intensive than average.

1 hour ago, Franck said:

Warframe

Totally forgot about that one....I think I even have an account for that game. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
On 1/25/2019 at 6:20 PM, Radium_Angel said:

I'm not much of a gamer, but I wish to stress test my new PC with a game of some sort. Requirements below:

FPS - I choose FPS because I assume (perhaps incorrectly? Feel free to correct) they are resource intensive.

Steam - for free or less than 5$ (I have a credit there of 5$)

Less then 50gig of space - Which is all I have free on my nVME drive, as most is taken up with WoT and Armoured Warfare.

I'm requesting a game, rather than some kind of artificial benchmark, as "playability" differs for  each person. What may be perfectly fine for me, isn't for you and so forth, and benchmarks offer little in the way of concrete results (for me)

So, suggestions?

For the record, and I know it won't get fully used, I have 20 cores and 40 threads in my twin Xeons to play with, 32GB ECC RAM (yeah, it's a workstation) and the option for twin GTX 660s.

try dirty bomb its free

also fortnite and apex legends,i dont know if they are less than 50 gig but check it out

my current home setup:cpu:amd ryzen 2700 // cpu cooler :aigo 120mm aio // mobo:gigabyte ab350-gaming 3 // ram:crosair vengance 8*4 // gpu:amd rx 5700 //

tower:antec p8 // psu:antec HCG 650w.

my current work setup: cpu:intel xeon x5675 // cpu cooler :generic 6 copper pipe // mobo: x58 lga 1366 chines motherboard // ram: 32GB ecc // gpu:amd r7 260x //                    

psu:antec 550w.

my current home server setup:cpu:intel xeon x5690 // cpu cooler :aigo 120mm aio // mobo: x58 lga 1366 chines motherboard // ram:crucial 8*2 // gpu:amd rx 580 //

tower:antec p110 silent // psu:antec HCG 850w.

22 minutes ago, aBattleBorn said:

fortnite

Thanks, I've tried that on several systems.

I was under the impression Dirty Bomb's playerbase was gone?

Thanks, I've tried that on several systems.

I was under the impression Dirty Bomb's playerbase was gone?

yep pretty much,i believe you can still find matches if you wait long enough,but for just a quick stress test it should be enough.

my current home setup:cpu:amd ryzen 2700 // cpu cooler :aigo 120mm aio // mobo:gigabyte ab350-gaming 3 // ram:crosair vengance 8*4 // gpu:amd rx 5700 //

tower:antec p8 // psu:antec HCG 650w.

my current work setup: cpu:intel xeon x5675 // cpu cooler :generic 6 copper pipe // mobo: x58 lga 1366 chines motherboard // ram: 32GB ecc // gpu:amd r7 260x //                    

psu:antec 550w.

my current home server setup:cpu:intel xeon x5690 // cpu cooler :aigo 120mm aio // mobo: x58 lga 1366 chines motherboard // ram:crucial 8*2 // gpu:amd rx 580 //

tower:antec p110 silent // psu:antec HCG 850w.