Farming Simulator getting it's own E-Sports League

Do you enjoy farming in real life and farming on farming simulator?

Then this is for you as farming simulator will now be getting its down E-sports containing a prize pool of $280,000 Dollars in prizes.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/1/23/18194259/farming-simulator-league-esports-prizes-giants-software

https://www.engadget.com/amp/2019/01/23/farming-simulator-is-getting-its-own-esports-league/

Do you think this kind of competitive e-sports will last very long?

at this point. why arent they making Speedrunning into an E-sports. 

because at least it is better than this. and i would actually watch speedrunning in a E-sports setting. 

say legend of Zelda OoT or Super Mario Odessey. with odball categories like "no coin" runs

Destiny: "Sorry, we don't feel like the game suits e-sports"

Farming Sim: "hOlD mY bEeR"

Current Build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 // Mobo: Ryzen AM4 B350 GAMING PLUS ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz // GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 580 Gaming 8GB // SSD: Kingston A400 120GB // HDD: 3 x WD Blue 1TB // PSUCorsair 650M // Case: Corsair 450D // Monitor: LG Ultrawide 29" IPS

Plex Server:

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black Edition // Mobo: Gigabyte - GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 Micro ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz // GPU: GeForce GTX 670 // HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB // PSU: Kolink Core Series 500W 80 Plus Certified // Case: AVP Viper Mini Tower

Other:

PS4 Pro // PS3 // Nintendo Switch (Pokemon edition) // Nintendo 3DS // Xbox 360 // iPhone 8 Plus // Macbook Retina 2013

15 minutes ago, Shadowpod said:

Do you think this kind of competitive e-sports will last very long?

No. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

I heard about it. But I thought that one of the main parts of the game was the non-competitiveness of it. What did they do, see how fast you could grow a crop? Race tractors? I could sooner see a Forza Horizon 4 competitive event.

I agree with @hiitswilliam this game was made to not be competitive. I'd rather see flight simulator as an esport. You can easily compete for best approach and landing. Especially in really shitty weather conditions. The man to butter the bread, wins.

This reminds me of that one Funhaus video where they played a Farming Sim and they joked about competitive farming being basically free labour disguised as a 'contest' to see who can cut crops the fastest.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

I dunno... I think it might be interesting for a bit.

Farming simulator, while it can be played solo, would be MUCH... much faster with multiple people, and it's a hard game to master. Doing something the fastest would require decent teamwork and good performances by everyone on the team. What would be faster... having multiple people bale the hay then only have one person stacking it, or visa versa? Have one person run and get the trailer ready or just have everyone harvest from the get go? 

It'd be interesting, in a relaxing sort of way. Obviously the speeds of crops growing would be sped up tremendously to make it not boring. 

As for the OP: I played farming simulator for a while, and am debating getting the newest one. The modding community over there is huge and it's quite relaxing to play. It's kinda like one of those "100% satisfaction videos" but you're playing it. 

On 1/25/2019 at 9:57 PM, TempestCatto said:

I agree with @hiitswilliam this game was made to not be competitive. I'd rather see flight simulator as an esport. You can easily compete for best approach and landing. Especially in really shitty weather conditions. The man to butter the bread, wins.

Flight sim landings in e-sports would be extraordinarily boring. "And here the player is.... approaching the runway.... except THIS time it's WINDY." And 90% of the people wouldn't be able to see the difference in skill anyway. And it'd be mostly single player. 

9 hours ago, corrado33 said:

Flight sim landings in e-sports would be extraordinarily boring. "And here the player is.... approaching the runway.... except THIS time it's WINDY." And 90% of the people wouldn't be able to see the difference in skill anyway. And it'd be mostly single player. 

To be fair, landing comps already exist, and are widely participated in. There's even a flight sim convention in Las Vegas. It's rather fun to watch someone try and land a 747 on a runway that can barely support a 737, and even more so when the person flying can barely land a Cessna. Oh and, it's usually done in multiplayer lobbies.

8 hours ago, TempestCatto said:

To be fair, landing comps already exist, and are widely participated in. There's even a flight sim convention in Las Vegas. It's rather fun to watch someone try and land a 747 on a runway that can barely support a 737, and even more so when the person flying can barely land a Cessna. Oh and, it's usually done in multiplayer lobbies.

Can you post examples?

On 1/31/2019 at 11:26 AM, TempestCatto said:

I would watch that, tbf

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they