Car subwoofer for DJ gigs, good idea?

FlushaDev

I've got a Pioneer TS-W308D2 Subwoofer from a car being used in my bedroom when I need more punchy bass during practising, I wanted to ask if it's safe running it for 4-5 hours in a gig, it's a 2 ohm DVC Subwoofer rated at 400RMS and 1400 Peak Power and I also have an amp that can power it over 400 Watts but I have it set to only push about 400w

Wanted to know about it or the amp heating up or blowing during my set, which, both are things I want to avoid.

Any help would be appreciated!

"The only way to do great work, is do do what you love." -Steve Jobs

16 minutes ago, FlushaDev said:

I've got a Pioneer TS-W308D2 Subwoofer from a car being used in my bedroom when I need more punchy bass during practising, I wanted to ask if it's safe running it for 4-5 hours in a gig, it's a 2 ohm DVC Subwoofer rated at 400RMS and 1400 Peak Power and I also have an amp that can power it over 400 Watts but I have it set to only push about 400w

Wanted to know about it or the amp heating up or blowing during my set, which, both are things I want to avoid.

Any help would be appreciated!

The amp will get hot but shouldnt blow up - it wouldnt feed more power than it can produce - if it did that the sub would clip, which you can most certainly notice - if its loud enough i dont see an issue with it.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)