A low-end workstation

allenfaust

Hi I would like to ask for a compatibility check with my current plan

I've attached an excel sheet of my plan. 

Thanks in advance!

PCspecs.xlsx

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

what are you using this pc for?

get a ssd if you can, it will be much faster.

This is going to be a work station for image processing (primarily using the RAM and GPU memory). SSD is kind of out of the budget 

Just now, allenfaust said:

This is going to be a work station for image processing (primarily using the RAM and GPU memory). SSD is kind of out of the budget 

what programs are you using?

1 minute ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

no point getting intel low end chps, get any ryzen

For scientific programs, intel is still the go to, due to a very large support and many post (and resources) available as guide (like many program are optimized for intel compiler, or at least faster with that compiler).

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

what programs are you using?

I'm using 'VisualSFM : A Visual Structure from Motion System' ( http://ccwu.me/vsfm/index.html )

5 minutes ago, allenfaust said:

For scientific programs, intel is still the go to, due to a very large support and many post (and resources) available as guide (like many program are optimized for intel compiler, or at least faster with that compiler).

I'm using 'VisualSFM : A Visual Structure from Motion System' ( http://ccwu.me/vsfm/index.html )

looks good then. Id still get a ssd as a hdd will be very slow doing about everything, you can get a 500gb ssd for about the same cost

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

looks good then. Id still get a ssd as a hdd will be very slow doing about everything, you can get a 500gb ssd for about the same cost

Thanks for checking. I have to agree that a ssd would really improve the Quality of life, but I'll check first how much data is expected to come out of the data processing first, in any case, upgrades (particularly the ram and ssd) are still possible in the future.