Adobe purchases Allegorithmic, makers of Substance Painter

Allegorithmic announced earlier that they've been purchased by Adobe to join the family alongside Mixamo and Macromedia
Blog post detailing the purchase
This seems to have happened around the same time that Foundry has taken their site down for "maintenance" with speculation in the content creators community that foundry is the next company to be bought out, potentially by Autodesk.
Substance Painter is an application used in various industries for the creation of textures for 3d models.

50556900_818831378458083_6821399761111744512_n.jpg

Oh
Part of mer is sad
But part of me really wanted to buy Substance Painter

but like
I already pay for adobe >.>

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Buy painter now whilst you can because knowing Adobe, they'll be removing that perpetual license asap.
I plan to get it on Steam when I can, I still have my old 2016 license so I'm not entirely lost on it.

Omfg no... I rely so heavily on Substance Painter and was really looking forward to newer versions. 100% it's going to become a subscription service... At the moment you get free updates for an entire year when you buy a perpetual license.

10 hours ago, PCDCobby said:

Buy painter now whilst you can because knowing Adobe, they'll be removing that perpetual license asap.
I plan to get it on Steam when I can, I still have my old 2016 license so I'm not entirely lost on it.

Why pay 150 USD once when you can pay 60 dollars a month forever? 

The latter is clearly the better deal (for Adobe). 

4 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Why pay 150 USD once when you can pay 60 dollars a month forever? 

The latter is clearly the better deal (for Adobe). 

That there is why I spent a bit extra and got Office 2019 for this tablet. It saves money in the long term, and I don't use/need or want the cloud integration of the subscription version. Plus having subscriptions = reduction in ability to accurately keep track of spending.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

12 hours ago, givingtnt said:

but like
I already pay for adobe >.>

?
I often wonder who support adobe expensive price policy

If that's the only Adobe program you'll use, buy it now lol and there's a chance that Adobe will honor certain licenses with updates, but maybe not if they rename it as Adobe Texture or something like that and put it in CC lol.

And just wait, 6 months from now it's gonna be $80 a month to "make up" for this acquisition 

Graphic Design + Gaming Machine:

CPU: i7-8700 GPU: ASUS GTX 1060 6GB RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengence STORAGE: 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM CASE: Phantek P400 Tempered Glass

1 hour ago, Teddy07 said:

?
I often wonder who support adobe expensive price policy

1 hour ago, VegetableStu said:

studios who can afford to (or studios with a budget) ._.

for the individual, unless they get work every single day, that's kinda difficult

I'm lucky, this year Adobe changed their policy and since I'm in school, rather than to pay per-computer, the college pays per-head

Aka I have my own account I can use at home. But that's just from now.

And Adobe is so important in my field, I have to use it. And I wouldn't dare make profit off pirated software, that's wrong and can get you in court.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004